So now that we have all the songs, what tracklist are you going to use? I did a combination of both tracklists to make sure that all the songs from each were included. 

what's yours? 

Views: 2990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's because they're set up that way on the Alone album, not because they were necessarily meant to go next to one another. Actually listening to the Alone album will reveal this.

Jens Van Avondt said:

what I figured out:

Superfriend follows Dude We're finally landing because in the beginning of Superfriend, you can hear the same tone as at the ending of DWFL, only for a split second, but if you listen carefully you'll hear it

Where could we put Negativland or could we use the version of Blast Off from the live Seattle Memories show?

What does a song about a band getting f***** over by a lawsuit have to do with the story?

Not tryin' to be a jerk, but this one strikes me as a very strange inclusion.

The lyrics to "Blast Off!" and "Negativland" make up that opening dialogue in Act I. Or, the Seattle Memories Tour version of "Blast Off!" kinda mashes up "Blast Off!" and "Negativland".

runnersdialzero said:

What does a song about a band getting f***** over by a lawsuit have to do with the story?

ok but "negativland" was only a prototype for "blast off," it was never intended for SFTBH.

there's no need to include it if you've already included "blast off."

Kevin (Han De La Solo) said:

The lyrics to "Blast Off!" and "Negativland" make up that opening dialogue in Act I. Or, the Seattle Memories Tour version of "Blast Off!" kinda mashes up "Blast Off!" and "Negativland".

runnersdialzero said:

The Seattle Memories show version uses an alternate draft of lyrics for "Blast Off!" Even the demo shares a couple non-specific lines with "Negativland", but as Mr.Jackson just stated, "Negativland" was never inteded for SFTBH and has nothing to do with it sans being a very early prototype for the "Blast Off!" verse.

Lyrically, it doesn't work at all for the reasons I stated above.

For sure just trying to get the most bang for my buck is all. 

So many minor tweaks to these great playlists is making it hard to pick one awesome one. 

I feel like negativland could make sense sometime in act II. Obviously it wasn't intended for sftbh, but it'd be an interesting parallel to blastoff. for instance, it could be played after dude we're finally landing. "I pulled my britches down for you" could be something Jonas says to Maria.

runnersdialzero said:

Kevin (Han De La Solo) said:

runnersdialzero said:

The Seattle Memories show version uses an alternate draft of lyrics for "Blast Off!" Even the demo shares a couple non-specific lines with "Negativland", but as Mr.Jackson just stated, "Negativland" was never inteded for SFTBH and has nothing to do with it sans being a very early prototype for the "Blast Off!" verse.

Lyrically, it doesn't work at all for the reasons I stated above.

Here is the version I just finished...

1. Longtime Sunshine (opener)
2. Blast Off
3. We Have a Technical
4. Please Remember, Jonas
5. Come to my pod
6. There is no other one
7. Tired of Sex
8. You won't get with me tonight
9. superfriend
10. the love i'm searching for
11. Oh no, this is not for me/Tired of Sex (reprise)
12. Longtime Sunshine
13. Lonely
14. Waiting On You
15. Dude, we're finally landing
16. please let that be you
17. getchoo
18. you gave your love to me softly
19. what is this i find
20. I just threw out the love of my dreams
21. Getchoo (reprise)
22. Beautiful Girl
23. Now I finally See
24. Softly
25. Devotion
26. Longtime Sunshine (Coda)

Rivers is probably turning over his grave, since I used some Rentals, which I explain in greater detail over on ATW, which has the link if you want to listen to my edit.  the songs on this list are not the straight versions.  I've tinkered with them and made 'improvements'. 

I've tried out a few of the track lists you guys have posted here and although there are some pretty interesting ones, none of them feel quite right to me. I just spent an hour or so going through a few of them in order to come up with my own which I personally feel makes the most sense in terms of the story. I figured I'd share it with you all to use or ridicule or whatever:

ACT 1

1. Blast Off! (Alone 1) - Obviously this track comes first, here the ship sets off and Jonas expresses his desire to get away from the life he is currently living.
  2. Who You Callin' B****? (Alone 1) - Maria over hears the other characters call her a b**** and Jonas tries to calm her down.
  3. You Won't Get With Me Tonight (Pinkerton Deluxe) - This is an optional inclusion, it basically repeats the sentiments from 'WYCB?' and also what Jonas says in 'Please Remember' (see below).
  4. Oh Jonas (Alone 2) - This is where Maria first professes her love for Jonas.
  5. Please Remember (Alone 2) - Jonas explains to Maria that he only wants to be her friend.
  6. Come To My Pod (Alone 2) - Maria continues to push and succeeds in seducing Jonas and coaxing him into bed.
  7. Oh No, This Is Not For Me (Alone 3) - Presumably, the two have had sex and now Jonas regrets giving in to his lust.
  8. Tired of Sex (Alone 3) - Jonas expresses his desire for something deeper than sex.
  9. Superfriend (Alone 1)- Jonas turns to Laurel for comfort. He regrets thinking with his willy and Laurel also believes he should look for something deeper.
  10. Tragic Girl (Pinkerton Deluxe) - This song I think can be seen as Jonas wanting Laurel instead of Maria but it also seems to mention how he is making an effort to scare Maria off: "I try my darnedest to be a bastard/I want you to think that I don't care". To be honest, I'm not sure this song should even be part of SFTBH but it does fit well here where there would otherwise be a gap in the story.
  11. Longtime Sunshine(Preprisal) (Alone 3) - This acts as an interlude for the switch to Act 2 where 9 months pass by.

ACT 2

1. She Had A Girl (Alone 3) - Maria gives birth to Jonas' baby.
  2. Dude, We're Finally Landing (Alone 1) - The other characters tell Jonas that the ship is landing but he's not really concerned with that right now.
  3. Now I Finally See (Alone 3)  - This is where detail on the narrative seemed to get a little hazy for me, but essentially here Jonas realises that Maria is the one he wants after all this time.
  4. There Is No Other One (Alone 3) - Jonas sings about how Maria is the only one for him. He also seems to hint that Laurel has turned down his affections: "I can't have any other one, though I would, now I never could with one". I also noticed that the line about drugs in this song may reference 'Come To My Pod' when he and Maria discussed smoking weed and sniffing glue.
  5. Getchoo [Tracking Rough] (Pinkerton Deluxe) - With Maria now set in his sights, Jonas plans to get her back. He once again seems to reference Laurel: "What I did to them/You've done to me".
  6. Devotion (Pinkerton Deluxe) - Jonas sings to Maria of how he shouldn't have pushed her away.
  7. What Is This I Find? (Alone 3) - Maria no longer wants to know, she isn't interested in Jonas any more.
  8. Waiting On You (Alone 3) - Maria sings about how she waited for Jonas all those months ago and had to give up on him.
  9. Why Bother? (Pinkerton) - This seems to be Jonas singing back to Maria, pretending he is not bothered by her rejection. He takes an optimistic outlook on things: "This happened to me twice before/It won't happen to me anymore" (again referencing Laurel).
  10. I Just Through Out The Love Of My Dreams (Pinkerton Deluxe) - This is supposed to be Laurel singing now. In a shocking twist it seems she did like Jonas after all but for whatever reason felt it was not a good idea to let him know.
  11. Long Time Sunshine (Pinkerton Deluxe) - Jonas reveals his true feelings about his situation. Contrary to his outlook in 'Blast Off!' he wants to go back to his old life before all the drama with Maria and Laurel. This version of the song from Pinkerton Deluxe also has a nice coda at the end that brings the story to a proper big musical number close.

So there you go, that's my interpretation of SFTBH, clearly I put far too much thought into compiling this list but I think the results are worth it. Enjoy or just ignore, up to you. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video