So now that we have all the songs, what tracklist are you going to use? I did a combination of both tracklists to make sure that all the songs from each were included. 

what's yours? 

Views: 2990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the thought put into that tracklisting but that ending strikes me as incredibly anticlimactic. There's never gonna be a SFTBH tracklist that makes the story feel cohesive and have it end powerfully. In your version Jonas gets rejected twice and then decides he wishes he wasn't in space anymore. Eh.

The use of Longtime Sunshine to bridge the two acts is brilliant though. Well done.

Yes that's true, it's not very Hollywood in that carnation but I figured that with Rivers struggling to come to terms with his new rock star life and being in hospital around that time, he'd be pretty down and have given the thing quite a bleak ending. It is a story about making terrible mistakes I feel. I'm probably wrong about that but I enjoy listening to the story like this purely because if you accept this as the ending and then listen to Long Time Sunshine it makes that song all the more beautifully tragic.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Gohi 21 said:

I like the thought put into that tracklisting but that ending strikes me as incredibly anticlimactic. There's never gonna be a SFTBH tracklist that makes the story feel cohesive and have it end powerfully. In your version Jonas gets rejected twice and then decides he wishes he wasn't in space anymore. Eh.

The use of Longtime Sunshine to bridge the two acts is brilliant though. Well done.

I went into an audio editor and created my own flowing version of SFTBH based on the two tracklists, known associated songs, musical cues, notes from Rivers, and trying to tell a story that makes (at least some) sense.

Here's the result:

1. Blast Off! (Alone)

2. Who You Callin' B****? (Alone)

3. Oh Jonas (Alone II)

4. Please Remember (Alone II)

5. Come to My Pod (Alone II)

6. Oh No, This Is Not for Me (Alone III)

7. Tired of Sex (Pinkerton)

8. Superfriend (Alone)

9. She's Had a Girl (Alone III)

10. Dude, We're Finally Landed! (Alone)

11. Now I Finally See (Alone III)

12. Getchoo (Pinkerton)

13. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams (Pinkerton Deluxe)

14. You Won't Get with Me Tonight (Pinkerton Deluxe)

15. Why Bother (Pinkerton)

16. Waiting on You (Pinkerton Deluxe)

17. No Other One (Pinkerton)

18. Devotion (Pinkerton Deluxe)

19. What Is This I Find? (Alone III)

20. Longtime Sunshine (Alone)

My overall goal was making as flowing and clean a version of the album as possible, which is why I choose the full-band studio-recorded Pinkerton versions of songs over the Alone demo versions whenever possible. There were three on which I was torn for which version to include:

- Tired of Sex: "Oh No, This Is Not for Me" from Alone III include the transition to the Alone III version of the song. To cover this up, I mixed the three tracks (Oh No, Tired from A3, and Tired from Pink) to produce something that covered up the transition to Tired from A3

- No Other One: the Alone III version includes the lone "What I did to her / You've done to me", which fits in the story (Jonas talking to Laurel) much better than Pinkerton's "What I did to them / You've done to me".

- Longtime Sunshine: the Alone version actually has superior production value than the Pinkerton Deluxe band version. That being said, the PD version has the coda, which I personally believe is the Reprise mentioned in tracklists (the version on Alone III seems to be a demo/proof-of-concept version of the PD band version). I mixed from Alone into PD 4 measures (based on the piano playing quarter notes) after the last chorus of the Alone version, joining into PD right on the cymbal crash that introduces Brian singing "Why Bother". This is probably the roughest-sounding cut of my entire mixing, but having the Alone version of the song and PD version of the coda was worth it.

I wanted to add the Superfriend Reprise into the track order, but the only version I could find was the Video Capture Device version, which has audio in the background (and foreground, at times) which ruins the "produced" vibe that I was going for with this mix. I even tried transposing what Rivers plays on VCD. The transposition worked, but I didn't have a guitar on me and what was produced on Garage Band felt way too electronic and impersonal. I would welcome anybody who is either able to isolate Rivers playing on VCD or can play it themself. I would put Superfriend Reprise after IJTOTLOMD; it feels right there, since Superfriend is a duet between Jonas and Laurel and IJTOTLOMD is Laurel lamenting her rejection of Jonas. It also feels like a good transition between IJTOTLOMD and You Won't Get with Me Tonight, and keeps with Rivers trying to emulate the classical technique of recalling earlier themes and having themes for characters.

If anybody is interested in hearing this mixing, shoot me a message. (And, if you're interested in just making your own mix based on this, it took me over 8 hours... If you're considering doing it, you've gotta be committed! Haha)

I would like to hear it. 

i_c_weiner said:

I went into an audio editor and created my own flowing version of SFTBH based on the two tracklists, known associated songs, musical cues, notes from Rivers, and trying to tell a story that makes (at least some) sense.

Here's the result:

1. Blast Off! (Alone)

2. Who You Callin' B****? (Alone)

3. Oh Jonas (Alone II)

4. Please Remember (Alone II)

5. Come to My Pod (Alone II)

6. Oh No, This Is Not for Me (Alone III)

7. Tired of Sex (Pinkerton)

8. Superfriend (Alone)

9. She's Had a Girl (Alone III)

10. Dude, We're Finally Landed! (Alone)

11. Now I Finally See (Alone III)

12. Getchoo (Pinkerton)

13. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams (Pinkerton Deluxe)

14. You Won't Get with Me Tonight (Pinkerton Deluxe)

15. Why Bother (Pinkerton)

16. Waiting on You (Pinkerton Deluxe)

17. No Other One (Pinkerton)

18. Devotion (Pinkerton Deluxe)

19. What Is This I Find? (Alone III)

20. Longtime Sunshine (Alone)

My overall goal was making as flowing and clean a version of the album as possible, which is why I choose the full-band studio-recorded Pinkerton versions of songs over the Alone demo versions whenever possible. There were three on which I was torn for which version to include:

- Tired of Sex: "Oh No, This Is Not for Me" from Alone III include the transition to the Alone III version of the song. To cover this up, I mixed the three tracks (Oh No, Tired from A3, and Tired from Pink) to produce something that covered up the transition to Tired from A3

- No Other One: the Alone III version includes the lone "What I did to her / You've done to me", which fits in the story (Jonas talking to Laurel) much better than Pinkerton's "What I did to them / You've done to me".

- Longtime Sunshine: the Alone version actually has superior production value than the Pinkerton Deluxe band version. That being said, the PD version has the coda, which I personally believe is the Reprise mentioned in tracklists (the version on Alone III seems to be a demo/proof-of-concept version of the PD band version). I mixed from Alone into PD 4 measures (based on the piano playing quarter notes) after the last chorus of the Alone version, joining into PD right on the cymbal crash that introduces Brian singing "Why Bother". This is probably the roughest-sounding cut of my entire mixing, but having the Alone version of the song and PD version of the coda was worth it.

I wanted to add the Superfriend Reprise into the track order, but the only version I could find was the Video Capture Device version, which has audio in the background (and foreground, at times) which ruins the "produced" vibe that I was going for with this mix. I even tried transposing what Rivers plays on VCD. The transposition worked, but I didn't have a guitar on me and what was produced on Garage Band felt way too electronic and impersonal. I would welcome anybody who is either able to isolate Rivers playing on VCD or can play it themself. I would put Superfriend Reprise after IJTOTLOMD; it feels right there, since Superfriend is a duet between Jonas and Laurel and IJTOTLOMD is Laurel lamenting her rejection of Jonas. It also feels like a good transition between IJTOTLOMD and You Won't Get with Me Tonight, and keeps with Rivers trying to emulate the classical technique of recalling earlier themes and having themes for characters.

If anybody is interested in hearing this mixing, shoot me a message. (And, if you're interested in just making your own mix based on this, it took me over 8 hours... If you're considering doing it, you've gotta be committed! Haha)

I just use Tracklist 2 with the Pinkerton Deluxe version of Longtime Sunshine at the end. It's it a little short and I'm working on how to make it longer, but damn does it flow well

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video