So now that we have all the songs, what tracklist are you going to use? I did a combination of both tracklists to make sure that all the songs from each were included. 

what's yours? 

Views: 2991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Who is this Jo-Jo character? I never knew about her but in the pinkerton diaries in draft 2 of SFTBH, rivers has her singing a lot of things. Does anyone know who she is? I thought there was just Jonas, Wuan, Dondo, M1, Laurel, and Maria. 

lol

spunkbubble_fart said:

So can we now confirm that SFTBH wouldn't have actually been any good and that everyone can stop going on about it?

come on bro, i confirmed that years ago.

spunkbubble_fart said:

So can we now confirm that SFTBH wouldn't have actually been any good and that everyone can stop going on about it?

I loved Runners edit, and while it does make an excellent listen, I do have some issues with the sequencing. I guess because we have 2 tracklists, plus The Pinkerton Diaries, I have a different idea of the order. So i came up with my own based off of the 2 tracklists as well as pages 72-82 of The Pinkerton Diaries. For me, I think it's the best way to tell the story given all the info we have. It's by no means as clean and proper sounding as Runners' edit. Also, I still retained a couple of Runners' tracks because I loved how they flowed together (like This Is Not For Me into the tracking session version of Tired of Sex into Tragic Girl). Anyway here it is:

1. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - Victory On The Hill (0:50)
2. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - Blast Off! (1:56)
3. Rivers Cuomo - Who You Callin' B****? (0:45)
4. Weezer - You Won't Get With Me Tonight (demo) (3:30)
5. Weezer - You Gave Your Love To Me Softly (lifetaker version) (2:38) [what Runners said, in my head it's Maria singing]
6. Rivers Cuomo - Oh Jonas (0:26)
7. Rivers Cuomo - Please Remember (0:37)
8. Rivers Cuomo - Come To My Pod (1:32)
9. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - Oh No, This Is Not For Me (0:36)
10. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - Tired Of Sex (tracking rough) (2:40)
11. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - Tragic Girl (5:23)
12. Rivers Cuomo - Superfriend (3:30) (What the hell am I doing thinking with my willy? - introduction of Laural and the beginning of Jonas' infatuation)
13. Rivers Cuomo - Longtime Sunshine (preprisal) (0:26)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - 'Why Are You So Far Away From Me?' [aka Across the Sea Piano Noodles - demonstrates how much time has passed] (0:32)
15. Weezer - Waiting On You (4:11) [Maria singing majority of the track - pg.81 of Pinkerton Diaries]
16. Weezer - I Swear It's True (Pinkerton deluxe) (3:19) (Jonas singing about Maria)
17. Rivers Cuomo - I'm So Lonely (0:19)
18. Rivers Cuomo - She's Had A Girl (0:51)
19. Rivers Cuomo - Dude We're Finally Landing (0:56)
20. Rivers Cuomo - Now I Finally See (0:42) [And I won't concede, surrender to her love, now I finally see, what i want)
21. Rivers Cuomo - Superfriend Reprise (0:23) (Jonas briefly thinks about Laural - this is what he wants)
22. Weezer - Why Bother? (2:06) (Jonas thinking about going for it with Laural)
23. Weezer - Getchoo [Tracking Rough] (2:59) (Find out Jonas has been rejected - "what I did to her, you've done to me")
24. Weezer - I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams (2:38) (Laural's regret)
25. Weezer - No Other One (3:01) (Jonas realizes what he has with Maria)
26. Weezer - Devotion (3:11) (Jonas accepts he can't have Laural, sings to Maria)
27. Rivers Cuomo - What Is This I Find (1:12)
28. Rivers Cuomo - Defeat On The Hill (0:47) (Jonas feels defeated after the events of What Is This I Find)
29. Weezer - Getting Up And Leaving (3:30)
30. Weezer - Long Time Sunshine (Pinkerton Deluxe) (4:19)

just listened trough almost whole your list and it sounds pretty accurate imo

johnny rockets said:

I loved Runners edit, and while it does make an excellent listen, I do have some issues with the sequencing. I guess because we have 2 tracklists, plus The Pinkerton Diaries, I have a different idea of the order. So i came up with my own based off of the 2 tracklists as well as pages 72-82 of The Pinkerton Diaries. For me, I think it's the best way to tell the story given all the info we have. It's by no means as clean and proper sounding as Runners' edit. Also, I still retained a couple of Runners' tracks because I loved how they flowed together (like This Is Not For Me into the tracking session version of Tired of Sex into Tragic Girl). Anyway here it is:

5. Weezer - You Gave Your Love To Me Softly (lifetaker version) (2:38) [what Runners said, in my head it's Maria singing]
12. Rivers Cuomo - Superfriend (3:30) (What the hell am I doing thinking with my willy? - introduction of Laural and the beginning of Jonas' infatuation)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Weezer & Rivers Cuomo - 'Why Are You So Far Away From Me?' [aka Across the Sea Piano Noodles - demonstrates how much time has passed] (0:32)
15. Weezer - Waiting On You (4:11) [Maria singing majority of the track - pg.81 of Pinkerton Diaries]
16. Weezer - I Swear It's True (Pinkerton deluxe) (3:19) (Jonas singing about Maria)
20. Rivers Cuomo - Now I Finally See (0:42) [And I won't concede, surrender to her love, now I finally see, what i want)
21. Rivers Cuomo - Superfriend Reprise (0:23) (Jonas briefly thinks about Laural - this is what he wants)
23. Weezer - Getchoo [Tracking Rough] (2:59) (Find out Jonas has been rejected - "what I did to her, you've done to me")
26. Weezer - Devotion (3:11) (Jonas accepts he can't have Laural, sings to Maria)
28. Rivers Cuomo - Defeat On The Hill (0:47) (Jonas feels defeated after the events of What Is This I Find)

Thanks for taking a listen.

Jens Van Avondt said:

Where did you get that list from? I think it's pretty good.

johnny rockets said:

Thanks for taking a listen.

Jens Van Avondt said:

read harder.

Hectorlo said:

johnny rockets said:

So i came up with my own based off of the 2 tracklists as well as pages 72-82 of The Pinkerton Diaries.

Oh right, i missed that part. :P

is the lifetaker version of "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly" on one of the boardie tribute albums?

johnny rockets said:

It's from Lifetaker's "The Black Album" that was essentially a hypothetical 3rd Weezer album from the 90's comprised of unreleased tracks. Lifetaker recorded the acoustic intro to YGYLTMS himself I believe.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

is the lifetaker version of "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly" on one of the boardie tribute albums?

My sequence was merely a reshuffling of runners' edit (and also using the demo version of YWGWMT).  It really is a damn good listen. Like I said, some of his track placements just didn't work for me given all of the info we had. That's not a knock on runners' vision or anything. I just wanted to put the songs in an order closer to what I personally felt Rivers envisioned with those 2 tracklists and what was in The Pinkerton Diaries while incorporating all the great stuff Runners' did. See below for his tracklist.

All feedback is appreciated. I'm just curious, does the story make more sense in the order I put it in? Any suggestions?

-----------------------

Weezer & Rivers Cuomo: Songs From The Black H*** [runnersdialzero edit]

Disc 1:
01. Victory On The Hill
02. Blast Off!
03. Who You Callin' B****?
04. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly [Lifetaker intro]
05. You Gave Your Love To Me Softly
06. 'I'm Here, I'm Waiting'
07. Getchoo
08. Why Bother?
09. You Won't Get With Me Tonight
10. Oh Jonas
11. Please Remember
12. Come To My Pod
13. Oh No, This Is Not For Me
14. Tired Of Sex
15. Tragic Girl
16. Longtime Sunshine [preprisal]

Disc 2:
01. 'Why Are You So Far Away From Me?'
02. She's Had A Girl
03. Dude, We're Finally Landing!
04. Waiting On You
05. 'It Won't Happen To Me Anymore'
06. I Swear It's True
07. I'm So Lonely
08. Now I Finally See
09. I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams
10. Superfriend
11. Superfriend [reprisal]
12. No Other One
13. Devotion
14. What Is This I Find?
15. Getting Up And Leaving
16. Longtime Sunshine

Track 4 created and performed by Lifetaker
Assembled, edited etc. by runnersdialzero 2010-2011

Mrk Jcksn [Mark Jackson] said:

read harder.

Hectorlo said:

johnny rockets said:

So i came up with my own based off of the 2 tracklists as well as pages 72-82 of The Pinkerton Diaries.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video