So now that we have all the songs, what tracklist are you going to use? I did a combination of both tracklists to make sure that all the songs from each were included. 

what's yours? 

Views: 2995

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll use track list 1 as it makes the most sense in terms of chronology of the story, also an excuse to listen to Devotion 

The story is falls apart near the end. In the Pinkerton Diaries, does it go in depth on how it was supposed to be?

I'll re-post this:

But in the book there is a script of SFTBH towards the middle of the book that seems most finished. It doesn't seem to include "Who you callin b****" and "You Won't Get with Me Tonight," however if it were one or the other I guess I'd want You Won't Get with me Tonight. It appears to have missing songs or spoken dialogue in places. It'd be cool if someone tried to link the songs together with what appears to be spoken dialogue in sections? I liked the idea of the first Longtime Sunshine closing out the first act, so I stuck it in because it doesn't seem to work at the end IMO. I'm pretty sure at this point the whole "it's a band in the future" thing was changed and it was literally a space adventure sort of setting.

ACT I
(Spoken dialogue)
M1: 4, 3, 2, 1...

SCENE I: The Cockpit

1. Blast Off!
2. You Won't Get with Me Tonight
3. Oh Jonas
4. Please Remember
5. Oh No this is Not For Me
6. Come To My Pod
"Now that we're left all alone, touch me and kiss me and love me"
7. Tired of Sex

SCENE II: Location is not listed in the script

8. Superfriend
9. Tragic Girl
10. Longtime Sunshine (Reprise from Alone III)

ACT II

SCENE I: Jonas' Pod

11. She's Had a Girl
12. Now I Finally See
13. Dude, We're Finally Landing
(Spoken dialogue?)
<Siren goes off>
M1: Prepare for landing...
14. Getchoo

SCENE II: Outside Maria's Pod
15. There is No Other One

(spoken dialogue? Possibly sing-songy? Possible song that was never finished or unknown?)
Wuan: Touch down, there's no sign of life anywhere. I don't understand what the hell we're doing here. Travel for a year and drink a lot of beer is my idea of fun. But where's the prize we should have won?

M1: Chill out. I think I've found some sort of anomaly. We're gonna go out to the surface of the planet and take a quick look around.

Jonas: Go ahead and look around. I'll stay behind. It's time for me to settle down and set things right.

Dondo: Hold on, who is that ring you got for?!

16. Devotion
"Now that we're left all alone, touch me and kiss me and love me"
17. What is this I find?

(Spoken dialogue?)
Maria: Oh jonas, I hear you. I know that you're in there with Laural.

Jonas: Damn

Maria: Oh Jonas, please hear me. I need to tell you something. Now open, open the door.

18. Waiting on you

(Spoken dialogue? Probably not, the notes say "in D" for the first part and "in F" for the second)
Maria: Oh Jonas, I've told you Now you know why I've been crazy.

Jonas: Maria, I'm sorry I promise to give you a ring as I get teh chance.

... Oh! She's a liar. She's just trying to trap me. Laural you're all that I want. Maybe you thought I was joking before but now you must know that I'm not. Now I know for sure. I've changed my ways. I'm ready for you.

Laural: Maria is all that you've got. Maybe you could have had me. Maybe you could have had me if you grown up a little bit sooner and thought - about your life.

19. Why Bother?
20. I Just Threw out the Love of my Dreams
21. Longtime Sunshine (not listed in this script, but it seems like it would fit. I'd put in the P:DE version
because it references all the earlier songs and makes sense as an ending. But the new live version sounds better lol)
... possibly silence for awhile

This kind of makes sense to me as a tracklist. I had a random thought, is Rachel (Sheila can do it) in the book... you think that might be Rachel Haden he was referencing?

If you noticed, that "Touchdown" dialogue can easily follow the same melody as "Blast Off!".  That would have been really cool for those to both flow with the continuity of the album.  I just sang it aloud and it worked great, so I'm going to add that to my tracklist in a few minutes

This tracklist sounds great.

Act I (Lift off, Maria seduces Jonas)

Blast Off!
Who You Callin' B****?
You Won't Get with Me Tonight
Oh Jonas (I Need You)
Please Remember
Oh No, This is Not for Me
Come to My Pod
Tired of Sex

Act II (Jonas sets his attention on Laurel but gives up... until Laurel apparently gets with him.  Then, Jonas makes a realization regarding Maria.)

Getchoo
Waiting on You
Why Bother?
Oh Jonas (I Hear You)
I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
There is No Other One
Devotion
Dude, We're Finally Landing

Act III (The ships lands, and Maria has Jonas' child.  Then, Jonas realizes Maria has been there for him through everything and reconciles with her.)
Touchdown
She's Had a Girl
Now I Finally See
What is This I Find?
Superfriend
Longtime Sunshine

omg, this is too complicated lol 

I like where this is going

Devotion needs to be added to Act III as it sums up your description of the act

Radioactive said:

Act I (Lift off, Maria seduces Jonas)

Blast Off!
Who You Callin' B****?
You Won't Get with Me Tonight
Oh Jonas (I Need You)
Please Remember
Oh No, This is Not for Me
Come to My Pod
Tired of Sex

Act II (Jonas sets his attention on Laurel but gives up... until Laurel apparently gets with him.  Then, Jonas makes a realization regarding Maria.)

Getchoo
Waiting on You
Why Bother?
Oh Jonas (I Hear You)
I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
There is No Other One
Devotion
Dude, We're Finally Landing

Act III (The ships lands, and Maria has Jonas' child.  Then, Jonas realizes Maria has been there for him through everything and reconciles with her.)
Touchdown
She's Had a Girl
Now I Finally See
What is This I Find?
Superfriend
Longtime Sunshine

runners made a fantastic one with awesome connectivity and extras. best one yet by a long shot. but im not sure if i can post it.

You can :)

Only in Dreem see wat it meen said:

runners made a fantastic one with awesome connectivity and extras. best one yet by a long shot. but im not sure if i can post it.

what I figured out:

Superfriend follows Dude We're finally landing because in the beginning of Superfriend, you can hear the same tone as at the ending of DWFL, only for a split second, but if you listen carefully you'll hear it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video