I haven't seen any dedicated threads yet, so I'll start.

I went to the Blue Album show last night. The greatest hits show was fun, although I really didn't need to hear Beverly Hills or Island live again. It would have been nice for them to dig a little deeper as they did by playing Falling For You. Rivers was loose and lively, going up to the upper deck of seating during the second or third song. Brian seemed to be having sound problems in the first two songs and liked very annoyed during the second but was professional and rocking from then on. I was a bit disappointed that Pat didn't seem too into it. Did anyone else feel similarly?

The blue album was a treat. Rivers was more reserved and I don't think addressed crowd at all. It was a seemingly serious affair. Unsurprisingly, the lesser known songs didn't get the crowd moving as much as Buddy Holly and SIAS. No One Else and TWHTALMH were fun to hear, although they didn't get too much of a reaction from the crowd beyond the dedicated people in the front. My favorite performance of the night was Only In Dreams which sounded great with two electrics and an acoustic. I had only seen it once before in Irvine in 02 and I think this version surpassed it.

Looking forward to tonight!

Setlist (from memory)
1. Memories
2. If You're Wondering...
3. Troublemaker
4. Pork and Beans
5. Beverly Hills
6. Keep Fishin'
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Falling For You

11-20. Blue Album

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the show was amazingly fun! Rivers was right next to me when he came up to the balcony and it was a real thrill! He jumped in the sound booth and was like "How do I work this thing!" It was funny and exciting. I think it was awesome that he came out in the same clothes with the same haircut from the cover of the blue album for the Blue Album part of the show. Also, I think in the past he was more reserved when he played that album, so it was sort of a homage to that. Also thought the concept of traveling "back to the past" in a weezer time machine was pretty awesome. It's not often that you go to a show and they play all the "best of" hits, so I thought it was cool. Not to mention Karl getting on the mic and showing us a rad slideshow. History in the making! Anyway - I can't wait for tonight!!!! I hope he Rivers comes back up to the balcony!
I already posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here, so why not:

After the show, I waited outside an exit that the performers usually leave from (I've been to this venue before). I waited for a bit, hoping to get signatures on my copy of The Blue Album. Rivers came out with a hat on, his hood popped up, and started pretending to be on the phone. He made a straight beeline to the car, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. That was a bit disappointing, but hey... if the man didn't wanna be bothered I wasn't gonna bother him. No big deal.

A little bit later Pat came out and man, he was a really nice guy. I didn't even have to approach him -- he saw I was wearing a Weezer shirt and could tell that I recognized him, so he walked straight up to me. I said hi, told him they gave a great performance, etc. I asked him if he would mind signing a Raditude vinyl that belongs to my brother. As I handed it to him, he jokingly said "I'm actually just gonna keep this." I responded "Oh? I'm suuure you have enough copies." He laughed and told me that very recently he found a box in his house with TONS of copies of Raditude. He said that, for whatever reason, he just owned a huge amount of that album. He signed it, handed it back, and then made a little bit more small talk.

I asked if he would mind signing my Blue Album, and with a smile he said "of course not," took it, signed it, and handed it back. He then said bye and took off, I said "see you guys tomorrow night," and he shot back a quick "thanks" before getting in the car. He was a really nice guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Pinkerton show tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be another great performance, and maybe this time I'll be able to catch the rest of the band.
Amazing show, although it felt very much like two different shows. The Blue Album sounded fantastic. I'm glad I didn't read any reviews of the LA show...the whole thing where Rivers came out looking like 1994 was a total surprise (honestly, it freaked me out a little). Can't wait for tonight. Hopefully the greatest hits set will be changed up, at least to throw in Perfect Situation
I'm going to the show tonight and wondering if there is an opening act as my sister and I may not get there until a little after 8:00. I have to look into the parking situation.

Also - I was hoping to hear all their old hits. Are they doing two different playlists for these two San Francisco concerts? Bummer. I want to hear Island in the Sun, Pork and Beans and Bevery Hills, etc. I didn't know there was a 'concept' to this tour. Will they only be playing songs from a particular album(s)??

Thanks, Debbie
The opening act played from about 8 to 8:30. Weezer came on a little after 9 and played until about 10:45, with a 15 min intermission in the middle.
Thank you for replying! Do you know anything re the playlists?? If they are doing entirely different things on the two nights? What about those people who only see one show?? :-(
Thanks again!!! So I guess the difference is more in the order they are played - but they will still play them. I hope. Especially for my sister who only knows their hits. Well, me, too, actually!!!

Now I just have to figure out the parking - I'm sure the lot is very expensive. Maybe I'll find street parking.
The fact that my son freaking worships =W= may skew my opinion a bit, but the show RAWKED! I count my self among the "Weezer should always be four guys, with Pat pounding and Rivers shredding" fans, but the new lineup makes for a great show with Rivers getting out into the crowd. For me, the highlight was Rivers slapping five with my little boy during Hash Pipe. AWESOME! That, my friends, is what a young Weezer fan's dreams are made of. He was a bit quiet on the walk back to our hotel, so I asked him what was up. He replied: "I'm replaying the concert in my mind."

Much thanks to the Weez men for a truly memorable experience!
My sister and I had fun at the show. Loved the first 'act' obviously because they played the big hits - and my favorite, Pork and Beans, right at the beginning! Loved Hash Pipe and Perfect Situation -but would have loved to heard Beverly Hills, and many others. Not sure what the last song was and it was good but very long so we could have heard two old favorites in that same time instead! ;-) I wasn't familiar with the Pinkerton album so much as I'm not that HUGE of a Weezer fan (Well, I thought I kinda was, I LOVE their songs, but not like a true fan, I guess). It was still good - I like their sound and lyrics and awesome guitar playing. I was hoping they'd come out once more at the end after the Pinkerton set for one encore song but it wasn't part of the program. I liked how Rivers came out to the audience and played to the audience and he was fun to watch and I liked the man skirt one of the guys was wearing (not familiar with their names so once again not a HUGE fan). BTW I'm wondering what the Hurley thing is all about!! LOL!
Wrong Show

Debbe Richards said:
My sister and I had fun at the show. Loved the first 'act' obviously because they played the big hits - and my favorite, Pork and Beans, right at the beginning! Loved Hash Pipe and Perfect Situation -but would have loved to heard Beverly Hills, and many others. Not sure what the last song was and it was good but very long so we could have heard two old favorites in that same time instead! ;-) I wasn't familiar with the Pinkerton album so much as I'm not that HUGE of a Weezer fan (Well, I thought I kinda was, I LOVE their songs, but not like a true fan, I guess). It was still good - I like their sound and lyrics and awesome guitar playing. I was hoping they'd come out once more at the end after the Pinkerton set for one encore song but it wasn't part of the program. I liked how Rivers came out to the audience and played to the audience and he was fun to watch and I liked the man skirt one of the guys was wearing (not familiar with their names so once again not a HUGE fan). BTW I'm wondering what the Hurley thing is all about!! LOL!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video