Weezer songs seem to quote other Weezer songs pretty frequently.  For example, Tragic Girl references Butterfly, and Longtime Sunshine references Why Bother?  What's your favorite Weezer self-reference? 

Tags: self-reference

Views: 118

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I knew I had heard "Across the Sea" somewhere else.  Couldn't remember where though. Thanks.

Jordan said:
Rivers' Walt Disney has the lyrics 'across the sea'.
I totally disagree.  Please get yourself a dictionary.  What's the point of splitting semantic hairs anyway?  The only one who knows Rivers' intent is Rivers.  The rest of us are just theorists.  Your theories are no more valid than mine. 

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:

Mo beats 'Keep Fishin Still seems small" is the only example of this. The rest are just similar, or the same words in multiple songs. That doesn't mean its a reference. I think you lack the correct definition of reference in your vocab.

This thread is still around?

lol

I thought it was because you guys are message board trolls who say rude, useless crap on internet message boards all day. 

Jordan said:
That's why we were all mocking her when she first made the thread.

Mo beats 'Keep Fishin Still seems small" is the only example of this. The rest are just similar, or the same words in multiple songs. That doesn't mean its a reference. I think you lack the correct definition of reference in your vocab.

It's THAT good. :)

Wilford Brimleyž (diabeetužž) said:

This thread is still around?

lol

ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhahaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahhaahhaha

Cladeedah said:
I totally disagree.  Please get yourself a dictionary.  What's the point of splitting semantic hairs anyway?  The only one who knows Rivers' intent is Rivers.  The rest of us are just theorists.  Your theories are no more valid than mine. 

We are much nicer in chat, I promise.

Cladeedah said:
You guys are message board trolls who say rude, useless crap on internet message boards all day.
at least we understand the concept of references.

Cladeedah said:
you guys are message board trolls who say rude, useless crap on internet message boards all day. 

On second thought, don't go buy a dictionary.  I wouldn't want your one source of pride in this world to disappear.  Go ahead and hold onto that.  Make sure you put it on your gravestone.  

please explain how the song the song "troublemaker" references the song "slob."

Cladeedah said:

On second thought, don't go buy a dictionary.  I wouldn't want your one source of pride in this world to disappear.  Go ahead and hold onto that.  Make sure you put it on your gravestone.  

I dont think you do.

I studied english for 4 years in high school and 2 years in college so i think i am over qualified to say that YOU ARE WRONG.
fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:

Cladeedah said:
you guys are message board trolls who say rude, useless crap on internet message boards all day. 

LOL.  Are u guys some sort of message board gang?  hahaha.  What are  you like, 13-years-old?  It's cute how you pretend to be grown-ups.  Aren't you, like, late for an assembly or something?  hahahaha

Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :) 

Indiekid said:

I dont think you do.

I studied english for 4 years in high school and 2 years in college so i think i am over qualified to say that YOU ARE WRONG.
fluck [kittenž (j.biebž)] said:

Cladeedah said:

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video