I'm a REALLY old Weezer fan.  I'm a guy who's 58, which I guess is a big negative, but I am normal and reasonably safe, which is pretty good.  And I'm not boring and I am fun.  I really don't care much about sleeping arrangements, so I am looking for people to share a 4-person or maybe 2-person cabin.   Just thought I'd bring it up for discussion.  Even if I scare away everyone out there, maybe other people can use this thread to find cabinmates.  I can't believe this cruise isn't sold out yet.  It's going to be the best party ever.   

Views: 609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in WI.

Judy T. White said:
Excellent! Where would you guys be coming from? We're coming from Burbank, CA

Four people living in close quarters is always going to be a bit of a challenge.  But it saves money, and if we all have the right attitude, it could be almost fun.  Certainly memorable.  And don't worry about your husband snoring.  I can sleep through my wife's snoring, and she can make the whole house rattle.  I asked my wife if I snore, and she said only a little bit.  I suspect that on the cruise, when we do sleep we'll be so tired that nothing will really bother us.  Luckily, my wife is not a Weezer or hard rock fan, so this cruise is not for her.  Works out for me, since it will me cost half as much without her.

I just met a girl named Rachel at the Nerd II event with Rivers which by the way was AWESOME!!! Anyway, she's looking for 3 other people for a 4 pack.... so if Nathan backs out, we can count on her.

Hi Judy!

Rachel here. I'm still totally interested. Found your forum :) 

I'm not a real regular poster here. I don't pay a lot of attention to the form stuff. I've got my head buried in thesis stuff and have been working my butt off and forums aren't my thing. 

But, I'm definitely up for saving hundreds of dollars and being a nice roommate! 

Rachel

Sounds good.  Let's see how things look tomorrow.

Rachel McClain said:

Hi Judy!

Rachel here. I'm still totally interested. Found your forum :) 

I'm not a real regular poster here. I don't pay a lot of attention to the form stuff. I've got my head buried in thesis stuff and have been working my butt off and forums aren't my thing. 

But, I'm definitely up for saving hundreds of dollars and being a nice roommate! 

Rachel

Cool. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. 

My husband is in the military and we're moving to DC in Dec. So, I'll be coming from Dulles by then, instead of CA, which actually makes my flight to Miami a little cheaper, which is nice. When I told him I could potentially be in a 4-pack instead of trying to make this single traveller thing work, he was pretty pleased at saving some money. I wish he would/could just come with me! Oh well. 

Since Judy is the only one who met me though....

I'm 33. I'm a grad student at CSULB about to graduate this spring. I'm married and we have a 4 1/2 year old son. I'm pretty mellow by most standards.

Rachel 

I think I am going to back out even though I really want to go, I need to buy a new car, and even though I can afford to do both I probably shouldn't. Have a good time you guys!
Thank u Nathan for letting us know... I totally understand your priorities. Good luck!... So, it looks like it's going to be Andy, Rachel, Adam (my husband) & me! Right? Andy, did u have a chance to call? I just came back from work and they are now closed... I barely had a chance to breathe at work & couldn't call them!
Judy

** each person is responsible for paying their own deposit.  No one has to handle everyone's money!

I can't say that I'm sad to see Nathan go. I'm still on board if everyone else is.

What a series of good luck! Getting to go to Nerd Night II, meeting Judy! This is going to be a great trip. 

Hi Rachel,
Tomorrow I'll be calling the cruise people (877-379-9171)to ask them about insurance prices (just in case...) and I'll book a 4 pack (if I can do it over the phone, I will. If not, I'll do it when I come home from work)
I'm a little worried because I haven't heard from Andy today. So, Andy if you get this, please confirm!... Show your =w= love!!!

Judy

Hi Judy and Rachel.  Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I was at a baseball game tonight and just got home.  I spoke to Sixthman (cruise company) today.  It's a little tricky on payments.  The "lead" person has to book the cabin, paying $299 per person ($1200) to make the reservation.  Then the final payment date is November 21 for the full balance (a total of $718 per person).  If full payment is not made not madeby then, or shortly thereafter, the cabin will be cancelled and no refund given. 

Changes to the people in the room can be made for no cost through November 21, then it would cost $75 per person name change until a week before the cruise, then $100 during the last week.

Travel insurance is $59 for basic insurance (covering cancellation due to medical emergency, possibly cancelled flights, etc., and medical expenses reimbursement)  For $88.50, the policy covers all the basic insurance items, plus "cancel for any reason" which means you can change your mind and get your money back.  BUT if all 4 people don't get the "cancel for any reason" policy and one cancels, the lead person is technically on the hook for the deposits if a replacement cabinmates are not found. 

It's sounds a little confusing, but as long as no one cancels under "for any reason," or everyone cancels under the "cancel for any reason" policy, there's no problem.  Insurance is a good idea anyway, and if we all agreed to get the $88.50 policy we would be safer.  That raises the price from $718 to $806.50, but we would be insured against any losses for any reason.  The hardest part is figuring out who would be the lead person.  I'm a little afaraid of putting up $1200 and then hoping everyone comes through, even though I somehow feel I can trust you guys. 

Judy, maybe you should call them tomorrow and see if there's anyway we can each pay our $299 on our own, but they seemed to say the "lead" person must pay 4 x $299 to book the room.  The good news is that the woman from Sixthman said that they shouldn't be selling out of these 4-packs very soon, so we have a few days or more to figure it out. 
   One last idea if the lead person must put up the whole $1200 him/herself.  You could check me out for honesty, and put the $299 into my PayPal account, which I've had for years, and then I could pay for everyone in order to book the cabin.  After that, we can each pay our balances on each bill ourselves.

I still think this could work out.  Let me know what you think.  - Andy Bauman

Judy T. White said:

Hi Rachel,
Tomorrow I'll be calling the cruise people (877-379-9171)to ask them about insurance prices (just in case...) and I'll book a 4 pack (if I can do it over the phone, I will. If not, I'll do it when I come home from work)
I'm a little worried because I haven't heard from Andy today. So, Andy if you get this, please confirm!... Show your =w= love!!!

Judy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video