I have completely lost interest in new weezer. From green album on they make the most simplest, generic songs. Rivers Cuomo threw all the talent he had away. Storing it somewhere else and rarely bringing it out. The new weezer sound is no where near the same. After making wanda for the movie angus, the producers wanted a more poppy song. So Rivers made you gave your love to me softly. Rivers said he wouldn't try to make a pop song to please others again. Now thats all he does. Songs with Miranda Cosgrove. Earthquauky people. Come on Rivers. From blue and pinkerton, I can listen to every song and they have such a close meaning to me. But on all the other albums i can only pick out a couple, if any. Weezer has put out some enjoyable stuff over the years and it's great to see them peform their old hits. But the sound thier going for is not good. Why does rivers want to find help to write his lyrics. All the lyrics i hear featuring another artist sound terrible. I love weezer but it's hard to see them like this. Why Weezer? Why?

Views: 1452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dudes, TBA rules!!! That is it, discussion over. To call it anything but effin amazing is silly. Cheesy? I am sure anyone who has written lyrics knows you cannot always hit a home run. Gohi likes to use the word erode.

I don't mean that it's a negative thing.  I think it's an extremely positive thing, at least in Weezer's case.  But the point is, people think the Red album is ridiculous for things like "Everybody Get Dangerous" and the rapping, but I think that Blue and Red share a lot of those kinds of things in common, and it's not a bad thing.  That's my point.  It's unique, it's charming, it's Weezer.  Blue or Red.

Gohi said:

Why does it even matter if The Blue Album is cheesy? Anyone who thinks that cheesiness is a negative quality is a total joker and dum-dum in my eyes.

Heh, I tend to use that word in shitty songs!

Well "Hold Me Back" is pretty good but I wish I hadn't recorded Nova.

Zach Smith said:

Dudes, TBA rules!!! That is it, discussion over. To call it anything but effin amazing is silly. Cheesy? I am sure anyone who has written lyrics knows you cannot always hit a home run. Gohi likes to use the word erode.

Isn't that your Semisonic song? I like Nova. Hold Me Back is a damn good tune for sure.

Yeah it was my attempt. And thanks for the support, man. Going in the studio this summer for something more epic and rocking, less ballady. Sorry for being off-topic.

I'm going to have to disagree with you, there. Blue was "cheesy" (I don't think that's a bad thing, either), and so was Red, but Red is probably my least favorite album. I'm not really sure why, but it gets on my nerves in a way that no other Weezer album does. Does anyone else feel this way? 

Radioactive said:

Do you people not realize how cheesy the Blue album is?  Maybe intentionally, maybe not, but it is absolute genius, as evidenced by its cult following.  It's a remarkably diverse album for using little more than guitars and harmonica.  Now look at the Red album.  Is it cheesy?  Absolutely.  But it's so genius that it also deserves a following like that of Blue.  Maybe once it's taken out of the context of this decade or even generation, I think that will become more evident.  The self-titled albums are appropriately-named, because they are the best representations of who Weezer is as a band.  I think Red is as good as Blue in so many ways.

Off topic or not I love epic rocking.

Gohi said:

Yeah it was my attempt. And thanks for the support, man. Going in the studio this summer for something more epic and rocking, less ballady. Sorry for being off-topic.

As much as this may make me seem like a Weezer fanboy, I've actually come to like the new stuff. A lot. 
The way I started taking it a little now is that if you just listen, and think of the song itself, not as the bands whole history, then you can find some good in it.

Except for Love Is The Answer, that is s***.  

The Laid Back Mix of Love is the Answer isn't that bad. I actually like it. The original version, yeah it is one strange song.

bringbackbiebs [Midway's Finest] said:

As much as this may make me seem like a Weezer fanboy, I've actually come to like the new stuff. A lot. 
The way I started taking it a little now is that if you just listen, and think of the song itself, not as the bands whole history, then you can find some good in it.

This is a fun phase, but it doesn't last very long. A lot of Weezer's new songs aren't just failures because of their history but because of a lack of authenticity.

bringbackbiebs [Midway's Finest] said:

Gohi also likes to use the word joker.

Gohi said:

Heh, I tend to use that word in shitty songs!

Well "Hold Me Back" is pretty good but I wish I hadn't recorded Nova.

Zach Smith said:

Do I really say it on here that often?
I need to put a stop to that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service