It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. I hope everyone that was there had a great time. 

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

did they play jamie?
They played Susanne, and You gave your love to me softley. Those were the two b sides they played.

Weezer fan said:
They played Susanne, and You gave your love to me softley. Those were the two b sides they played.

did they play Only in Dreams?
this night was eipc, fo' real! i will be posting pictures and hopefully video in a few days... i'm shooting a zombie flick the today and tomorrow, so you'll have to wait til i get a moment

Stefan said:

Weezer fan said:

They did! The set was (approximately...)

Memories
Pork & Beans
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
Perfect Situation
Dope Nose
Island In The Sun
Hash Pipe
You Gave Your Love To Me Softly
Susanne
Only In Dreams
--
Pinkerton set

This greatest hits set blew away the previous night's, obviously. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived was a total surprise and sounds even better live than I imagined. Getting Only In Dreams two nights in a row was a treat.

I'ver never seen Weezer before, been a fan for 14 years but weird unforseen circumstances always pop up every time they come to town. I've had tickets in hand for the Warfield that I had to sell at the last minute because a last minute family event got scheduled the same night and I couldn't get out of it. I feel like I've suffered, but yet I also feel spoiled knowing that I never had to sit through a run-of-the-mill setlist. Between these 2 nights they played almost everything I would have wanted to hear.
Again, I posted this in another thread, but since it's relevant I'll put it here too:

After the show, I decided to test my luck again and wait by the performer's exit. After about 20 or so minutes, Brian came out. Like Pat the other night, he was very friendly. More than willing to sign the Raditude vinyl and The Blue Album for me. I told him that the band sounded great both nights, and he said thanks. As he was signing my Blue Album, Rivers darted out and, again, made a straight beeline to the car. Again, slightly disappointing, but like last night -- if he didn't want to be bothered, I wasn't going to bother him. Brian handed me back the album, said "take care," and got in the car. He looked really tired.

A few minutes later Pat came out. He came up to me, said hi, then recognized me from last night. He then said "Hey...you've already got me!" in reference to the signatures. I laughed and said yeah. He asked "are you aiming to get all of us?" I said "well, we missed Rivers," to which he responded "Yeah, you're not gonna get him easily," which caused all of us to laugh. I told him he did a great job, he thanked me, said goodbye, and got in the car.

Next, Scott came out. He came up, said hi, and asked how we were doing. I was going to ask him for a signature too, but he was carrying a ton of luggage. He had a bag in both hands, and one on his back. I didn't wanna make the guy drop everything, so I just said hi, made a tiny bit of small talk, etc. He said goodnight and got in the car, and I left.

So, overall, my experience at the Memories Tour was amazing. Two fantastic performances AND I got to meet practically the entire band? It doesn't get much better than that.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures with any of the guys, but here are pictures of my signed albums:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8391/img0114lq.jpg Raditude
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5208/img0116ce.jpg The Blue Album

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:
why would you get raditude at all signed?
The Raditude vinyl belongs to my brother. For whatever reason, he wanted that album signed.
I agree pretty much. I had better seats, was with someone who knew all the songs, and was not completely sober, so those factors may have affected my perception of the show.

I really enjoyed Greatest Man, You Gave Your Love, Susanne (which he altered the "Even Izzy, Slash, and Axl Rose" to "Even Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose" which I remember reading was the original lyric), and Only In Dreams which was as awesome as the night before. I did secretly film OID, but I had to chop it up as the security guy was very anal about filming. I got good shots for nearly the entire song until the end when I got caught. I'll try to edit it together and post soon.

Pinkerton was great. I snuck up about ten rows to some empty seats with my friend. There was some dude that went to the show alone sitting next to me. He was superenthusiastic, so he and I pogo'd a ton during the set. I shook his hand after and told him I had an awesome time rocking out with him. The crowd also seemed a bit more enthusiastic.

WZA said:

Stefan said:

Weezer fan said:

This greatest hits set blew away the previous night's, obviously. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived was a total surprise and sounds even better live than I imagined. Getting Only In Dreams two nights in a row was a treat.

I'ver never seen Weezer before, been a fan for 14 years but weird unforseen circumstances always pop up every time they come to town. I've had tickets in hand for the Warfield that I had to sell at the last minute because a last minute family event got scheduled the same night and I couldn't get out of it. I feel like I've suffered, but yet I also feel spoiled knowing that I never had to sit through a run-of-the-mill setlist. Between these 2 nights they played almost everything I would have wanted to hear.
The long haired security guard in between sections 2&4 was real bad about the recordings.  I was able to get audio but no video.

matedog said:
I agree pretty much. I had better seats, was with someone who knew all the songs, and was not completely sober, so those factors may have affected my perception of the show. I really enjoyed Greatest Man, You Gave Your Love, Susanne (which he altered the "Even Izzy, Slash, and Axl Rose" to "Even Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose" which I remember reading was the original lyric), and Only In Dreams which was as awesome as the night before. I did secretly film OID, but I had to chop it up as the security guy was very anal about filming. I got good shots for nearly the entire song until the end when I got caught. I'll try to edit it together and post soon.

Pinkerton was great. I snuck up about ten rows to some empty seats with my friend. There was some dude that went to the show alone sitting next to me. He was superenthusiastic, so he and I pogo'd a ton during the set. I shook his hand after and told him I had an awesome time rocking out with him. The crowd also seemed a bit more enthusiastic.

WZA said:

Stefan said:

Weezer fan said:

I think I was sitting behind you. I hope I didn't ruin your recording be singing along. I just couldn't help myself.  The last 2 nights were a dream come true!

Dug1200 said:
The long haired security guard in between sections 2&4 was real bad about the recordings.  I was able to get audio but no video.

matedog said:
I agree pretty much. I had better seats, was with someone who knew all the songs, and was not completely sober, so those factors may have affected my perception of the show. I really enjoyed Greatest Man, You Gave Your Love, Susanne (which he altered the "Even Izzy, Slash, and Axl Rose" to "Even Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose" which I remember reading was the original lyric), and Only In Dreams which was as awesome as the night before. I did secretly film OID, but I had to chop it up as the security guy was very anal about filming. I got good shots for nearly the entire song until the end when I got caught. I'll try to edit it together and post soon.

WZA said:

Stefan said:

Weezer fan said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video