Does anyone know how many each album has sold to date because i can't find any good info?.

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hurley's sales don't surprise me at all.  Poor Maladroit.  That album had bad singles too.  I think all those sales came directly from the Muppets involvement with Keep Fishin'

I'm surprised Red Album didn't go platinum.  I though Pork and Beans was a big hit.....wait, Red album only really had 1 single.  I never heard Troublemaker or Greatest Man on the radio in LA.

y should sales matter if u love the band?

Hugh Lovric said:
Did Blue, Pinkerton or Green go platiunum?.
I'm just wondering lol.

jcfelix said:

Hugh Lovric said:

If you love the band, you care about how well they are doing.  Better album sales means Weezer can stay around for a long time and keep making music.

I personally don't really care about the #s, but just hope they can keep on recording and releasing albums.

In all honesty, I think Pinkerton is probably one of the most ripped off CDs of all time.  I'm guilty of making copies for friends in the dorms.  but those friends in the dorm eventually bought Weezer concert tickets and future albums.

jcfelix said:

Hugh Lovric said:
yea i guess thats where i differ. cuz i dont really care if an album i love goes platinum and gets mainstream recognition. also, better album sales dont always equate into a band staying around longer(at the drive in broke up just as their album sales and popularity started to increase). but in the case of weezer who already have a long 17+ year history and a devoted fan base u dont need to worry about recent album sales as being an indicator of whether or not weez "can stay around for a long time and keep making music."

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

If you love the band, you care about how well they are doing.  Better album sales means Weezer can stay around for a long time and keep making music.

I personally don't really care about the #s, but just hope they can keep on recording and releasing albums.

In all honesty, I think Pinkerton is probably one of the most ripped off CDs of all time.  I'm guilty of making copies for friends in the dorms.  but those friends in the dorm eventually bought Weezer concert tickets and future albums.

jcfelix said:

Hugh Lovric said:
yeah, wikipedia only hurley sales after week 2...  last I saw it was at 100k by early December 2010

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video