I decided since it seems to be becoming a big topic in the God Debate discussion that I would make a discussion for people to ask questions about what members of the LDS Church believe. I will try my hardest to answer the questions.

Seriously, any question at all.

Views: 654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely Brigham Young. 

Dude was a playa.



placemats said:
Who do you think got to boink more, Joseph Smith or Brigham Young?
It's deadmau5. Also it's actually Satan underneath that big mouse head with LED lights. Satan's a tricky fellow.

America said:
 
Nope, my fav is DeadMau5

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

 

Is DJ Bring Em Young your favorite DJ?

But dang, can he ever spin the decks, yo.
ily

placemats said:
Who do you think got to boink more, Joseph Smith or Brigham Young?

I lost my best friend who was a Mormon after I revealed to him that I was a bisexual a few years ago, he said he didn't feel comfortable associating with me and based with conversations I had afterwards with his (much more liberal) brother, he suspected heavily that his brother's prejudice was instilled in him by his faith. (Well, not even his faith, his parents' faith. But that's an argument for another post.)

I don't get how any religion can pitch an idea of freedom and tolerance when they share elitist and oppressive attitudes that allows s*** like that to happen. We were friends for eight years before this s*** went down.

 

Look, in my view, all organised religion sucks d***. Rules and regulations prohibit people from expressing their faith and beliefs in a manner that's married to their moral judgement and conscience. It kills me to think that there are people out there who believe their religion has pitfalls (as you have stated you do, America)  and remain attached to an archaic institution that doesn't cater to their spiritual beliefs.

But hey, what would I know, I'm just an agnostic kid who likes dudes and gals, LOL.

he was just jealous that you're getting twice as much as he is, don't sweat it

So sorry to hear that.

 

And that is precisely where the hypocrisy lies. Mormons are taught, above all, to love one another. One of their articles of faith states, "We claim the privilege of worshiping the almighty god according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege - let them worship how, where, or what they may." And yet if anyone believes anything that is in opposition to their beliefs, they take offense to it and immediately go on the defense. It's like their thought process is, "This person doesn't agree with me, so they must be trying to lead me astray. I should keep my distance."

 

It's so lame, and like I said earlier, it fosters nothing but hatred and prejudice. So sad.

 

 

Fozzie Bear said:

I lost my best friend who was a Mormon after I revealed to him that I was a bisexual a few years ago, he said he didn't feel comfortable associating with me and based with conversations I had afterwards with his (much more liberal) brother, he suspected heavily that his brother's prejudice was instilled in him by his faith. (Well, not even his faith, his parents' faith. But that's an argument for another post.)

I don't get how any religion can pitch an idea of freedom and tolerance when they share elitist and oppressive attitudes that allows s*** like that to happen. We were friends for eight years before this s*** went down.

 

Look, in my view, all organised religion sucks d***. Rules and regulations prohibit people from expressing their faith and beliefs in a manner that's married to their moral judgement and conscience. It kills me to think that there are people out there who believe their religion has pitfalls (as you have stated you do, America)  and remain attached to an archaic institution that doesn't cater to their spiritual beliefs.

But hey, what would I know, I'm just an agnostic kid who likes dudes and gals, LOL.

Lol for the record, I have in fact gotten out in the world, dig the hindu and buddist teachings, and those muslims are retty decent people. I have been all over the world (minus asia but eh, its just asia) so I have in fact had a pretty decent chance to get out of the mormon society that is Utah valley. I've even meet the pope (catholics are cool, main diffrences is the whole pope thing and the holy trinity, our god, jesus and holy ghost are all seperate people. and then we have a diffrent heaven set up). I understand that members of my faith can be stupid, but hey, so can anyone. And with fozzie bear saying its sad that i object to things members of my religion do yet at the same time am called upon by others to look at my religion objectivly it kinda puts me in an akward position. And yes Fozzie, the LDS teachings do appeal to MY spritual beliefs. I firmly believe that the word of wisdom is a good way to live life and I believe in the book of mormon and it's teachings. Yet at the same time I believe that anyone who lives a decent life, and is jsut a good human being gets to go to heaven, and that's not that uncommon of a belief with the amny mormons I've meet. I'm fine with gays and there are in fact gay members of our church, some of whom even hold leadership positions. Women don't hold the priesthood because they are already complete in the eyes of the lord, hence they don't need it. For every one mormon lady I have meet who happily stays at home pumping out babies I have meet another one who works their own job, owns their own buisness or other such things, and has the amount of children they prefer. And no, im not going on a mission because i don't really care what religion you are, as long as your not a jerk. In conclusion, garments aren't any longer than a normal under shirt and one of my best friends is Victor the gay texan male model who i spent far to many nights in sweaty crowded european hotel rooms for my liking lol.
ilyt

hintofcoolness said:
ily

placemats said:
Who do you think got to boink more, Joseph Smith or Brigham Young?
I feel like this has become more of a "make fun of the mormons thread" more than a place to ask questions. Does anyone really have any questions?
^what did you expect lol? it's these forums

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video