I decided since it seems to be becoming a big topic in the God Debate discussion that I would make a discussion for people to ask questions about what members of the LDS Church believe. I will try my hardest to answer the questions.

Seriously, any question at all.

Views: 654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

word

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:
s*** just got real
That did not answer MY question.

PUPPIES! said:
We don't believe that there is life on the moon. But we do believe there is life on other planets. Maybe not in our galaxy but there are for sure people just like us living on other planets.

Fozzie Bear said:
Why did Joseph Smith teach that there were people who lived on the moon?
Well we'd just like to believe we're being friendly and giving other people the oppertunity to be intorduced to our gospel to see if it's appealing to them but im sure it's secretly so we can eventually out do the illuminati in controlling the world.

Luigi-sp26 said:

PUPPIES! said:
We don't believe that there is life on the moon. But we do believe there is life on other planets. Maybe not in our galaxy but there are for sure people just like us living on other planets.

Fozzie Bear said:

that is an answer to the wrong question.  i asked:

"and you have so many children not to increase your membership, global spread, and power.....but for fun?"

PUPPIES! was supposed to make something up then say "Does that answer your question?"

America said:

Well we'd just like to believe we're being friendly and giving other people the oppertunity to be intorduced to our gospel to see if it's appealing to them but im sure it's secretly so we can eventually out do the illuminati in controlling the world.

Luigi-sp26 said:

PUPPIES! said:

Fozzie Bear said:
nope, you answered you're own question acutaually, it's all for fun. My fmaily actually only has 3 kids so i guess we're not having as much fun as EVERY mormon family. At first it was encouraged to ahve larger familes back when we we're struglling to carve out a society in the desert that is Utah (as with most pre-industrial societes, more kids means more workers) so that we could have more workers and yes, increase our rather small numbers. That tradition has simply stuck around even though it's no longer neccesar. but in my experience it only really applies to mormon families here in Utah

Luigi-sp26 said:

"and you have so many children not to increase your membership, global spread, and power.....but for fun?"

PUPPIES! was supposed to make something up then say "Does that answer your question?"

America said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

PUPPIES! said:

Fozzie Bear said:
I wouldn't be suprised if he was part of the over whelming
cognoscenti who also soudnly believed that those little lines on mars we're magnificent canals. Sorry to burst your bubble, but he wasn't exactly the only person claiming other people lived in unlikely places in our solar system, just a more noticable religious figure than most.

Fozzie Bear said:
Isn't he the guy who was responsible for the life on the Sun theory too?

America said:
Actually that was his follow up Brigham Young, who in general was a contraversial character. These guys we're only human, they made plenty of mistakes and said plenty of crazy things lol, just like ever single other person who has ever lived...and also what kittens said

Fozzie Bear said:

Well the material I've read on the matter point to it being Joseph Smith's theory; perhaps you're thinking of Brigham Young's similar theory that there is life on the Sun? Whichever of the two said it is beyond the point, I'd just like to know why you instill so much faith in people who have time and again made failed prophecies, "plenty of mistakes" and have said "crazy things". I think the lack of confidence within the Church's early leaders teamed with the Church's constant revision on their stance towards issues like black people's role in the church, polygamy and birth control is enough to discredit any notion that the Church's foundations are stable or infallible.

America said:

Actually that was his follow up Brigham Young, who in general was a contraversial character. These guys we're only human, they made plenty of mistakes and said plenty of crazy things lol, just like ever single other person who has ever lived...and also what kittens said

Fozzie Bear said:
It was in fact Brighman Young, check your sources lol. Because I don't expect my church leaders to be perfect, I expect them to be human beings doing the best that they can. If i expected everything to be perfect i'de be a very sad individual. And above all i do in fact beleive in the churches doctrine and teachings regardless of whether or not it's members are the worlds greatest
Sorry I missed your question but I think America hit it pretty well. Early in the restoration of the church some people were commanded to be a plig. Notice I said some. It was more like a calling back then only given to some people in the church. But later down the line it was no longer necessary for us to do that (that was also the time of the separation of the FLDS and the LDS). I think the fact the LDS families are usually bigger now is just coincidence. 

Luigi-sp26 said:

America said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

PUPPIES! said:

Fozzie Bear said:

Some people do think Garments are uncomfortable, yes. I don't know how they feel since I haven't yet (I'm not 19 yet). I'll get back to you on that one. Haha!

I don't need to actually have been married in the Temple to know that it is the right thing to do. I know it is, the spirit has testified of it to me, and my testimony will be forever strong of it.

And I know I don't know all the answers. That is why I still go to church. I want to learn. I don't, and probably will continue not to know all the answers to the questions asked. Some of the answers I have given I have asked my dad. We are sent on this earth to learn and I will continue to do so.

And, yes, there are people that do go to church and do the opposite of what they are taught. It is sad to see. Satan is one tricky man, and he knows it. I don't believe there are loopholes and corruption though.
And sorry if it feels like I am "pushing" this religion on you guys. That really wasn't my intention. Just based off the God Debate thread it seemed like some people were curious. Sorry.
SpiderInTheDrain said:

This thread is a load of s***.

Just to clear a few things up..

1. Garments are the OPPOSITE of comfortable. They're hot and uncomfortable and... what's the word I'm looking for... oh  yeah, WEIRD. F****** WEIRD.

2. Don't profess to believe and know something is true without having experienced what the entire religion entails (temple endowment ceremony, etc.).

3. You may feel like it's your duty to be a missionary and think that you know all the answers, but you don't. Your religion, as with every religion, is full of hypocrisies, loopholes, and corruption. If you believe it, great. But don't push it on anyone else.

(steps off soapbox)

Yes, just a coincidence. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the whole "multiply and replenish the earth" commandment. 

*rolls eyes*

PUPPIES! said:
Sorry I missed your question but I think America hit it pretty well. Early in the restoration of the church some people were commanded to be a plig. Notice I said some. It was more like a calling back then only given to some people in the church. But later down the line it was no longer necessary for us to do that (that was also the time of the separation of the FLDS and the LDS). I think the fact the LDS families are usually bigger now is just coincidence. 

Luigi-sp26 said:

America said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

PUPPIES! said:

Fozzie Bear said:
Well, yeah that helps but we don't have just go for huge families just because of that. Some families in the church aren't really that large. We are commanded to have children but we don't have a certain number that we must go over. Just having children is multiplying and replenishing.

SpiderInTheDrain said:
Yes, just a coincidence. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the whole "multiply and replenish the earth" commandment. 

*rolls eyes*

PUPPIES! said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

America said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

PUPPIES! said:

Fozzie Bear said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video