I decided since it seems to be becoming a big topic in the God Debate discussion that I would make a discussion for people to ask questions about what members of the LDS Church believe. I will try my hardest to answer the questions.

Seriously, any question at all.

Views: 654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually most "go for big families" exactly because of the commandment, regardless of whether or not they actually WANT tons of kids or can afford them. And then if - heaven forbid - a couple should choose to have a small family or (GASP!) no children at all, they're constantly harassed and looked down on. Because, y'know, heaven forbid they'd want anything in life but to raise children til they're 60 and live on food stamps and clipping coupons.

The culture as a whole is ridiculous, but the way women are pressured to stay at home pumping out babies and submitting to her husband because he has the priesthood and she can't is probably the thing that ticks me off the most.

PUPPIES! said:
Well, yeah that helps but we don't have just go for huge families just because of that. Some families in the church aren't really that large. We are commanded to have children but we don't have a certain number that we must go over. Just having children is multiplying and replenishing.

SpiderInTheDrain said:
Yes, just a coincidence. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the whole "multiply and replenish the earth" commandment. 

*rolls eyes*

PUPPIES! said:
Sorry I missed your question but I think America hit it pretty well. Early in the restoration of the church some people were commanded to be a plig. Notice I said some. It was more like a calling back then only given to some people in the church. But later down the line it was no longer necessary for us to do that (that was also the time of the separation of the FLDS and the LDS). I think the fact the LDS families are usually bigger now is just coincidence. 

Luigi-sp26 said:

that is an answer to the wrong question.  i asked:

"and you have so many children not to increase your membership, global spread, and power.....but for fun?"

PUPPIES! was supposed to make something up then say "Does that answer your question?"

America said:

Well we'd just like to believe we're being friendly and giving other people the oppertunity to be intorduced to our gospel to see if it's appealing to them but im sure it's secretly so we can eventually out do the illuminati in controlling the world.

Luigi-sp26 said:
That did not answer MY question.

PUPPIES! said:
We don't believe that there is life on the moon. But we do believe there is life on other planets. Maybe not in our galaxy but there are for sure people just like us living on other planets.

Fozzie Bear said:
Why did Joseph Smith teach that there were people who lived on the moon?

http://www.challengemin.org/moon.html

But whatever, as I said, which leader said it is irrelevant. And even if you don't expect your church leaders to be perfect, you'd expect that your church leaders under the supposed direct guidance of God would be a little more accurate than our boy Joseph Smith was.

Like I said earlier, they have redefined what they believe in so how can you have confidence in their teachings when they have supposedly strayed from the prophet's path?

America said:

It was in fact Brighman Young, check your sources lol. Because I don't expect my church leaders to be perfect, I expect them to be human beings doing the best that they can. If i expected everything to be perfect i'de be a very sad individual. And above all i do in fact beleive in the churches doctrine and teachings regardless of whether or not it's members are the worlds greatest
Members are blind to the hypocrisy. It's a sad, sad truth. But the moment you step away from it and actually challenge what you've been programmed to believe it's so easy to see how ridiculous it all is. 

But until then, you stand behind what you "know" to be true and spout the same s*** that's been repeated to you your entire life - the church is true, Joseph Smith was a true prophet, Christ lives, and the Book of Mormon is inspired doctrine. When a four-year-old gets up in testimony meeting and says it everyone in the room thinks it's adorable, but to a non-member it's just f***** up.

Fozzie Bear said:

http://www.challengemin.org/moon.html

But whatever, as I said, which leader said it is irrelevant. And even if you don't expect your church leaders to be perfect, you'd expect that your church leaders under the supposed direct guidance of God would be a little more accurate than our boy Joseph Smith was.

Like I said earlier, they have redefined what they believe in so how can you have confidence in their teachings when they have supposedly strayed from the prophet's path?

America said:

It was in fact Brighman Young, check your sources lol. Because I don't expect my church leaders to be perfect, I expect them to be human beings doing the best that they can. If i expected everything to be perfect i'de be a very sad individual. And above all i do in fact beleive in the churches doctrine and teachings regardless of whether or not it's members are the worlds greatest

Oh good, I'm so glad the spirit has testified to you that getting married in the temple is the right thing to do. Just keep telling yourself that when you're in the middle of the endowment session and all you can think is, "Wow, this is really freaky s***." If you're weirded out at all just keep going back again and again so that it seems less weird. And if after going back several times it STILL seems strange in any way, it's just because you're not righteous enough. Pray that you'll be more receptive to the messages being sent to you in the temple and continue trying your hardest to convince yourself that you're a member of the one true church on earth. 'Cause y'know, sometimes God wants you to feel humiliated and uncomfortable. Especially in his house. *thumbs up*

PUPPIES! said:

Some people do think Garments are uncomfortable, yes. I don't know how they feel since I haven't yet (I'm not 19 yet). I'll get back to you on that one. Haha!

I don't need to actually have been married in the Temple to know that it is the right thing to do. I know it is, the spirit has testified of it to me, and my testimony will be forever strong of it.

And I know I don't know all the answers. That is why I still go to church. I want to learn. I don't, and probably will continue not to know all the answers to the questions asked. Some of the answers I have given I have asked my dad. We are sent on this earth to learn and I will continue to do so.

And, yes, there are people that do go to church and do the opposite of what they are taught. It is sad to see. Satan is one tricky man, and he knows it. I don't believe there are loopholes and corruption though.
And sorry if it feels like I am "pushing" this religion on you guys. That really wasn't my intention. Just based off the God Debate thread it seemed like some people were curious. Sorry.
SpiderInTheDrain said:

This thread is a load of s***.

Just to clear a few things up..

1. Garments are the OPPOSITE of comfortable. They're hot and uncomfortable and... what's the word I'm looking for... oh  yeah, WEIRD. F****** WEIRD.

2. Don't profess to believe and know something is true without having experienced what the entire religion entails (temple endowment ceremony, etc.).

3. You may feel like it's your duty to be a missionary and think that you know all the answers, but you don't. Your religion, as with every religion, is full of hypocrisies, loopholes, and corruption. If you believe it, great. But don't push it on anyone else.

(steps off soapbox)

"the spirit" probably doesn't give a s*** about you tbh.
lots of new aliases appearing recently. just sayin'.

a couple of questions:

Did Bringham Young describe this life on other planets?  If so, can i get a pic?

Is it against the doctrine to post on these forums, with all the cursing, crazy ideas, and general nature of weezers music (secular)?

What garments do you get to wear at 19?  pics plz

Why do Mormons dislike the LBGT community so much?

Do the Mormons own a big share of Ralphs and Albertsons groceries stores?

Is DJ Bring Em Young your favorite DJ?

brofessefef said:

I find it really f****** weird when I hear people talking about satan as if 'he' actually exists.  Seriously.  I cannot grasp that trail of thought at all.

the god squad sent them

danger is my speciality [berry] said:
lots of new aliases appearing recently. just sayin'.
He might have, doubt there would be a picture. Google it if you must lol
Ummm no? no where in the book of mormon, doctrine and covenants or pearl of great price does it say anything against posting in the weezer forums.
There part of a ceremony we have. No I won't post you pictures, it's like asking a muslim to post a picture of mohammed, they're something sacred to us. All they are is a white undershirt basically
Because the vast majority are conservative republicans and the majority of church leaders are old white men who grew up in a time when the conservative movment was reacting drasticly to everything. I myself support the LBGT community as long as they're not overly in peoples face about it.
Albertsons is still around? all the ones around here have gone out of buisness. But yes i believe we do, the Church is actually quiet buisness savy and has many investments.
Nope, my fav is DeadMau5

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

a couple of questions:

Did Bringham Young describe this life on other planets?  If so, can i get a pic?

Is it against the doctrine to post on these forums, with all the cursing, crazy ideas, and general nature of weezers music (secular)?

What garments do you get to wear at 19?  pics plz

Why do Mormons dislike the LBGT community so much?

Do the Mormons own a big share of Ralphs and Albertsons groceries stores?

Is DJ Bring Em Young your favorite DJ?

Did we frame you or something?

SpiderInTheDrain said:

Oh good, I'm so glad the spirit has testified to you that getting married in the temple is the right thing to do. Just keep telling yourself that when you're in the middle of the endowment session and all you can think is, "Wow, this is really freaky s***." If you're weirded out at all just keep going back again and again so that it seems less weird. And if after going back several times it STILL seems strange in any way, it's just because you're not righteous enough. Pray that you'll be more receptive to the messages being sent to you in the temple and continue trying your hardest to convince yourself that you're a member of the one true church on earth. 'Cause y'know, sometimes God wants you to feel humiliated and uncomfortable. Especially in his house. *thumbs up*

PUPPIES! said:

Some people do think Garments are uncomfortable, yes. I don't know how they feel since I haven't yet (I'm not 19 yet). I'll get back to you on that one. Haha!

I don't need to actually have been married in the Temple to know that it is the right thing to do. I know it is, the spirit has testified of it to me, and my testimony will be forever strong of it.

And I know I don't know all the answers. That is why I still go to church. I want to learn. I don't, and probably will continue not to know all the answers to the questions asked. Some of the answers I have given I have asked my dad. We are sent on this earth to learn and I will continue to do so.

And, yes, there are people that do go to church and do the opposite of what they are taught. It is sad to see. Satan is one tricky man, and he knows it. I don't believe there are loopholes and corruption though.
And sorry if it feels like I am "pushing" this religion on you guys. That really wasn't my intention. Just based off the God Debate thread it seemed like some people were curious. Sorry.
SpiderInTheDrain said:

1. Garments are the OPPOSITE of comfortable. They're hot and uncomfortable and... what's the word I'm looking for... oh  yeah, WEIRD. F****** WEIRD.

2. Don't profess to believe and know something is true without having experienced what the entire religion entails (temple endowment ceremony, etc.).

3. You may feel like it's your duty to be a missionary and think that you know all the answers, but you don't. Your religion, as with every religion, is full of hypocrisies, loopholes, and corruption. If you believe it, great. But don't push it on anyone else.

(steps off soapbox)

That question makes no sense so I have no idea how to answer it.

America said:

Did we frame you or something?

SpiderInTheDrain said:

PUPPIES! said:

SpiderInTheDrain said:

(steps off soapbox)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video