So like last month I heard a rumor that apparently Weezer isn't going to produce any more albums but still go on tour. Does anybody know if that's true or not? I really hope it isn't!

Tags: albums, ending, tour

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. Hopefully it is released when the band has an amazing album that they're sure of. I can wait a couple of years for an amazing album as opposed to a few months for another Hurley or DTFM (decent albums).

America said:
Hopefully soon
Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
I doubt they'll stop making albums. Rivers is feeling pretty dejected I would assume, from Hurley and Raditude's poor sales... but I also think he loves the process of putting together and releasing albums too much to just quit it. So I think that Weezer will definitely make another album, the question is: when?
This whole conversation literally just took place a few posts ago. Wtf.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

If it was a retread of the albums that preceded it, then no thank you. Rivers' talking about how he wanted to take things slow and carefully and not put out a Rocky 8 really excited me, I'd love to hear a mainstream-pop departure from the band, it'd be a tremendous step in growth considering they've been playing it safe for the past decade. I want the 'dark and experimental' Weezer direction that Rivers speculated he'd start writing in after Pinkerton.

America said:

yeah but apparentl that album was scrapped somewhere down the line...shame, i really want to hear those songs

WeezerSituation said:
Remember..  Rivers said Album 10 so far  sounds like a hipster riding their bike with a slurpee in hand or something random like that lmfao
I find his point about needing to have constant releases to stay relevant completely wrong. Look at the Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and Radiohead. They have all taken half a decade to put out their new albums and they still remain extremely relevant both in the mainstream and in rock culture. I would think constant releases would saturate rock and people would grow tired of Weezer which many people probably already have.

ru·mor

–noun
gossip; hearsay: Don't listen to rumor.
I still want to hear the Slurpee songs lol
you're part of the problem

America said:
I still want to hear the Slurpee songs lol
it's almost like you didn't read the thread at all.

sarah leeper said:

ru·mor

–noun
gossip; hearsay: Don't listen to rumor.
No way. Rivers clearly started this rumor, ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

I agree, it's quality over quantity for one thing.  Giving the fans time to breathe and anticipate albums also helps in making them more of an event.  Too many releases could possibly make you wind up LESS relevant because you fall into the background and just become noise while other bands are getting your attention because their new release is more of a big deal.

Not to mention giving more time to actually think through and work on the album to ensure it's the best it can be can't possibly be a bad thing.

Weezer should really ask themselves if the last few releases were their best work.  And if they cannot HONESTLY say it was, then they should dedicate themselves to doing the absolute best work they can for the next record.  Otherwise this whole deal isn't really worth it, is it? 

Chris Andreou said:

I find his point about needing to have constant releases to stay relevant completely wrong. Look at the Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and Radiohead. They have all taken half a decade to put out their new albums and they still remain extremely relevant both in the mainstream and in rock culture. I would think constant releases would saturate rock and people would grow tired of Weezer which many people probably already have.
Dont be silly. Its just a question regarding the way the industry is right now. Should we just put out singles? or EP's ...does making a full length album every 2 years still make sense?
yes definetly please still make albums they are so good and the only reason why its hard to get into the charts is because of people like justin bieber and all the bad r'n'b music please make albums :)

i love the fact that you have been making a album every year for the past three years but maybe if you make one every 2 years people will start to miss you more, people will want to hear from you again and they'll want to listen more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video