So like last month I heard a rumor that apparently Weezer isn't going to produce any more albums but still go on tour. Does anybody know if that's true or not? I really hope it isn't!

Tags: albums, ending, tour

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Singles are not the answer.  Albums are where it's at, being able to listen to something as a whole, as a piece, it's much more rewarding.  I know the industry today sucks, but in all honesty if an album is truly good as an album it will still do well.  And people will take notice if it's something substantial.  Did Arcade Fire not just receive album of the year at the Grammys?  Why do you think that was? "Two weeks after winning Album of the Year, the album jumped from No. 52 to No. 12 on the Billboard 200."  See? Even if it doesn't do well at first, doing something that is art could have you winding up with awards and accolades that could perpetuate it to higher sales.

You have to give people a reason to want to hear it AS AN ALBUM for them to want to buy the album instead of the catchiest song.  Weezer needs to be more ambitious.

Once again, you gotta ask yourselves if you believe Weezer has been doing their absolute best work or if you believe you guys could one up yourselves and create something even better.  That's why I think ambition is good and needed. 

I think the idea of just releasing singles and maybe an EP or something is kind of a let down. Honestly.  I can't get nearly as excited or into the releases.  Even the best song ever is still just one song, however it could live and breathe with-in the confines of a bigger picture.

Scott Shriner said:

Dont be silly. Its just a question regarding the way the industry is right now. Should we just put out singles? or EP's ...does making a full length album every 2 years still make sense?
PS put Pat back on drums.

I'm with Daniel on this.

There's nothing like having a case and a cd to pop into your car and listen. I think one of the reasons albums don't sell as well as it feels like albums nowadays are a bunch of singles put onto an album

Instead of a cd that feels like a whole, it sounds like an album that has no sense of whole.

That's one of the many reasons pinkerton is so loved, that album feels like its telling a story, the songs are similar in feeling but are different at the same time.

i thought they did?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
Only during the "blue/pink portion" of the Memories shows, which was a special case.  Freese was still there for the greatest hits set.

legendofchin97 said:
i thought they did?

yeah but what about the state farm song?
freese was on tour w/ paramore or whatever. he's not gone forever.
Pat has always been the one playing on recordings of actual released Weezer material.  Freese is not IN the band.  Freese is a session drummer who plays stuff like live gigs.  I would prefer we had the drummer of Weezer actually do all the drumming in Weezer from here on out, both live and in the studio.  No offense to Freese, but he's not IN Weezer.

legendofchin97 said:
dang, i really thought the freese crap was over.  i understand all of that.  What about the Guitar Center sessions?  Wasn't Pat on drums then?

Pat has always been the one playing on recordings of actual released Weezer material.  Freese is not IN the band.  Freese is a session drummer who plays stuff like live gigs.  I would prefer we had the drummer of Weezer actually do all the drumming in Weezer from here on out, both live and in the studio.  No offense to Freese, but he's not IN Weezer.

legendofchin97 said:

I think you can look at that as an extension of the Memories shows since they just played Blue/Pink songs together.  Also, whenever Weezer is promoted I think as a band (i.e. as "weezer") they have Pat on drums for the most part. 

The Freese thing needs to be over with.  As good as a drummer as he is, he is not the drummer of Weezer, I want Pat back on drums.  Doesn't everyone want that?  I would imagine so.

legendofchin97 said:

dang, i really thought the freese crap was over.  i understand all of that.  What about the Guitar Center sessions?  Wasn't Pat on drums then?

legendofchin97 said:
if weezer took a poll it would probably 97% agree and the other 3% would say, "who's pat?"

I think you can look at that as an extension of the Memories shows since they just played Blue/Pink songs together.  Also, whenever Weezer is promoted I think as a band (i.e. as "weezer") they have Pat on drums for the most part. 

The Freese thing needs to be over with.  As good as a drummer as he is, he is not the drummer of Weezer, I want Pat back on drums.  Doesn't everyone want that?  I would imagine so.

legendofchin97 said:

legendofchin97 said:
i completly agree with Daniel.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video