So like last month I heard a rumor that apparently Weezer isn't going to produce any more albums but still go on tour. Does anybody know if that's true or not? I really hope it isn't!

Tags: albums, ending, tour

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i dont envy what will come your way now you said that

Hugh Lovric said:
the only reason why its hard to get into the charts is because of people like justin bieber

Albums will always be an important part of following a band. I think what Weezer could do to make their albums more of a success would be a package/special edition deal. 

Now I know that there's the deluxe edition, but making those deluxe editions 5 dollars more expensive because of 4 additional tracks comes off a little greedy. If Weezer released a special edition CD with a 'making-of' dvd, I believe hardcore and non-hardcore fans would purchase it. People love studio footage.

Scott, this is the kind of question that really needs to be asked.

A great tune every 6 months would trump a new album every 2 years, imo.

The old Paradigm is really gone away. Actually, maybe it's back to the old days of guys walking into Sun Records and recording 1 amazingly good song and releasing that to the world with a great B side on flip side of the vinyl.

The time between early Johnny Cash and Elvis til now is more of a production wasteland. Remember giant art albums back in the day from bands like the Moody Blues and KISS? More sizzle than steak, to me.

Weezer isn't a breakout band though. So, it's not like you'll be releasing "My Milkshake Brings all the Boys to the Yard." as one hit wonders.

So, I say blaze the trail back to the way things used to be and release some great singles.

I literally don't know anyone who uses digital downloads who will purchase an entire album, unless it's something like The Wall.

I'm a Weezer diehard and I cherry pick the latest releases for what I like and leave the rest.

That's my dos centavos, anyway.

Scott Shriner said:

Dont be silly. Its just a question regarding the way the industry is right now. Should we just put out singles? or EP's ...does making a full length album every 2 years still make sense?
Scott Shriner posted on twitter today that rumors of no more albums are false. 
Yes, people do love studio footage.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Albums will always be an important part of following a band. I think what Weezer could do to make their albums more of a success would be a package/special edition deal. 

Now I know that there's the deluxe edition, but making those deluxe editions 5 dollars more expensive because of 4 additional tracks comes off a little greedy. If Weezer released a special edition CD with a 'making-of' dvd, I believe hardcore and non-hardcore fans would purchase it. People love studio footage.

Oops, should've waited to read all of the comments before posting.  Guess he said it here too.  lol

Cladeedah said:
I thought it was more of a question than a statement

Cladeedah said:
Oops, should've waited to read all of the comments before posting.  Guess he said it here too.  lol

Cladeedah said:
Yes Scott, EP's and singles are the way to go. I'm glad you are being so collaborative with the fans. Based on the industry it makes no sense for Weezer to release annual albums because it dilutes the name and makes casual rock fans tired of Weezer. Believe me, no one at my school even new Hurley came out since Raditude was released the year before and to much more hype. If you want to please the hardcores (like me) release an EP every once and a while so we are getting more than just one single. End the studio albums on a high note, that being Hurley. 

Scott Shriner said:
Dont be silly. Its just a question regarding the way the industry is right now. Should we just put out singles? or EP's ...does making a full length album every 2 years still make sense?

So you'd rather have 2 songs a year than a great collection of songs? That's crazy, man. There's nothing more fulfilling than listening to a great album.

Chris: You think Hurley is a "high note?" That's not what I want the last Weezer studio album to sound like and I think the band would agree with that. There was very little collaboration and the production style was not conducive to good band relations... plus, it was an album full of co-writes and non-personal lyrics. I'd rather Weezer's last album had live recording done by the band (ala: State Farm) and personal songs written by Rivers. 

Sovereign Andy said:

Scott, this is the kind of question that really needs to be asked.

A great tune every 6 months would trump a new album every 2 years, imo.

The old Paradigm is really gone away. Actually, maybe it's back to the old days of guys walking into Sun Records and recording 1 amazingly good song and releasing that to the world with a great B side on flip side of the vinyl.

The time between early Johnny Cash and Elvis til now is more of a production wasteland. Remember giant art albums back in the day from bands like the Moody Blues and KISS? More sizzle than steak, to me.

Weezer isn't a breakout band though. So, it's not like you'll be releasing "My Milkshake Brings all the Boys to the Yard." as one hit wonders.

So, I say blaze the trail back to the way things used to be and release some great singles.

I literally don't know anyone who uses digital downloads who will purchase an entire album, unless it's something like The Wall.

I'm a Weezer diehard and I cherry pick the latest releases for what I like and leave the rest.

That's my dos centavos, anyway.

Scott Shriner said:

No I agree that as a hardcore more songs are better but only if they are high quality. Nothing against Hurley, Raditude or even the Red Album but imagine if the took a bit more time to make them. Combine the best songs from Raditude and Hurley and you have yourself a very solid album. I agree that Hurley is not a "high-note" when compared to their past work but after Raditude, it was great. Your point regarding Weezer agreeing that the it is not a good last studio album, in fact proves mine. If they released a LP annually you would hear the same thing year after year about how the album was average. I do not want that, I want a really good album once every three or so years and I think everyone else does as well.

1.Pork & Beans

2. Troublemaker

3. The Greatest Man

4. I Want You To

5. Dreamin

6.Trippin Down the Freeway

7. Memories

8. Unspoken

9. Run Away

10. Hang On

11. Angel and the One

If that wouldn't sell a million albums I don't know what would. Combine the best of their past three albums and you have one of the best rock albums of the decade. 

lol

Chris Andreou said:
If that wouldn't sell a million albums I don't know what would. Combine the best of their past three albums and you have one of the best rock albums of the decade. 
Damn straight

legendofchin97 said:
you're part of the problem

America said:
I still want to hear the Slurpee songs lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music