Does anyone else realize rivers voice today on the old pinkerton and blue album songs just isnt the same. Whenever he has to sing loud he yells in an obnoxious,annoying voice that doesn't feel and sound like his old  voice. It's almost like he tries to sing to not make his voice crack or sound bad but really whenever his voice does crack and has a deeper tone to it,  it sounds  better, more raw,and alot more enjoyable to listen to. For example in uspoken he sung in a soft voice and sounded extremely young.  In  Butterly he also sung in a soft voice but it was alot more emotional and his voice sounded 10 times better even though it cracks throughout the song. It's funny because it seems like rivers  wants  to sing in that annoying voice instead of his original pinkerton/blue voice. But occasionally in some peformances he does  sound     like the old him like  in  the 2009 aol buddy holly recording. Trampoline and Everyone  also sound like his original voice and i know there old but there post pinkerton.And God only knows sounds great.When ever the the green album dropped along with all those demos he never sounded the same. Very sad for the old weezer fans. I bet it goes all the back from pinkerton on trying to get away from that sound. I know its not him getting older  because he sounds  even    younger when he sings on the newer records. I just wish he would stop trying to sound like that and just be him even though its rougher and it cracks but its so much more better like that, I had to brings this up because every concert he just sounds so bad on pretty much every pinkerton/blue song especially el scorcho, tired of sex, and getchoo. El scorcho probably the worst because he uses that annoying voice so much in it. no more quality yells.

Tags: rivers, voice

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My videos were in reply to Max Weiss. I understand your point even if I don't agree.
he's switching it up. he's been singing the same songs for 20 years.
You're right. His voice has changed. It's called not being a kid anymore. Rivers was around 23 when the Blue album was recorded. That was almost 20 years ago. It happens to everyone.

I agree, still love it though!
Connor Dalton [awesome] said:
You're right. His voice has changed. It's called not being a kid anymore. Rivers was around 23 when the Blue album was recorded. That was almost 20 years ago. It happens to everyone.
I can see this, but he's still a good singer.
Yeah its just sad cause he can still have that awesome voice he used to have but he doesn't use it
He could have that voice, but it might physically hurt to use it now.

just a fan said:
Yeah its just sad cause he can still have that awesome voice he used to have but he doesn't use it
I see what your saying but  he really weakens the vocals down too much. and also im talking about how he tries to sing to not let his voice crack or sound bad so he can hit every note. Im saying he should forget about that and let his voice crack it sounds alot better
he uses auto tune a lot now a days, sad but true.
He sounded fantastic on ustream today, he jumped all around his range on some songs and it didn't sound contrived at all, real nice stuff!
Not live. Also, there is barely any on Hurley or DTFM. So yeah, uh...naw.

Naota25 said:
he uses auto tune a lot now a days, sad but true.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video