Rivers' Bad Attitude at VIP- Roseland NYC (Pinkerton Night)

I just wanted to see if anyone else got this "Bad Attitude" vibe from Rivers on pinkerton night of Roseland VIP ... when we got to hang with the band for 15min

So I walk up to each member: Brian, Scott, and Pat, and they all seem extremely nice and more than happy to sign stuff and take pictures with anyone....I snag photos with them and then I walk over to rivers and I hear him saying he wasn't signing anything, cause he wanted to talk to everyone.  Then I go up to him and I ask him very nicely if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me, and he says yeah, but immediately turns away and talks to a girl ....So I was respectful and  waited for him to finish up his chat with her, and at point I thought he was done talking with her, and I ask again nicely about taking a picture with me. he then got very annoyed at me, saying that he doesn't want to waste time taking pictures, he just wants to talk to people,(in the time he told me he didn't want to waste time with a picture we could have taking a picture!!!!) and then he says to me that he was still talking to that girl ... and of course I did not realize this, and I even said I'm really sorry, it was very rude of me to interrupt..... after awhile I somehow get into a conversation with rivers and it seemed somewhat genuine, and i tell him that his music helped  me out through some hard times, and he looked at me like I was crazy, and he changed the subject and asked me if I was a musician... Don't get me wrong I respect Rivers a lot, but he honestly made me feel like s***, like I was asking the world of him, and I know we got a picture with the full band afterwords, but I really wanted a  picture with just me and rivers, and that really would have meant a lot to me...(not to mention I noticed on facebook that he took personal pictures with people at the other VIP shows!!!)....I don't mean to complain cause I really had a great time at the Blue and Pinkerton show except for that part... but I paid $600 for vip, another $400 for blue night, and not to mention all the money I've put into Weezer's music, and 7 other live shows I've been to over the years, and he wouldn't take 5 secs to take a photo with me....all I wanted was a picture with just me and him ,,and not only did he shut me down, but he made me feel like  I was an a******...I didn't want anything signed, but the fact that he wouldn't sign anything  either is ridiculous too

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hide your daughters, hide your sons
Hide your wife, and your husbands
Cuz Rivers is snubbing everyoneee

But seriously folks. He doesn't "owe" anyone anything. I mean, c'mon.. Just think about everything that has gone down between the band INTERNALLY with Da Rivz.. And then some FAN comes around saying they spent x amount of money so now you owe THEM x amount of time or whatever? Im sorry, but did Rivers call peoples house personally and tell them to come on over and spend 600 dollars on him?

Cuz then, I'd be pissed too. Like, "M*********** you told me come over and that you'd chill... wat da funk?"

Otherwise...

Plus all the other facts.. Rivers was prolly mobbed.. And HOW many people do you think come up to him and say the EXACT same thing for the last FIFTEEN years?

"Man, Pinkerton saved my life through some dark areas of my life"

Rivers eyes gloss over as he thinks of all the other people that have told him so, doesn't want to broach on that downer of a topic, so asks about your muscianship... and that's BAD?

Cmon man. Rivers asks ME about my music, im saying, "holy cow I suck I know its true!" ... or asking him about verse chorus verse theories... im asking him about sandwiches time and if he will ever play b-sides and demos that never made out. Anything!

If I spend 600, the only thing I would hope for is to see him. Maybe tell him face to face that he's awesome and that Pinkerton has ruled since it came out. And that im glad he has peace within the band with the rest of the gang.

But that's it. A 5 minute convo? Beautiful. Make what you can of what you get, not pout over what you expected to get. Life is nowhere NEAR like that. Pinkteron, taught me that, ironically enough, eons ago.

That being said, I would've asked if I could take a picture of our feet or something.. Or an arm, maybe in strumming pose.

I mean... why's everyone so mad? Was Rivers supposed to touch you on the shoulder and say everythings gonna be alright? You're supposed to take what he gives you. He doesn't bug you to.

If you don't like it, you can shove it

As shakesheare said or something.

At least now you know what to expect, and maybe next time when your expectations are a little more realistic, it'll go way better. Maybe it just seems bad because nothing went as you wanted it to. But. The show was soooooooooo f****** AWESOMMEEEEE.

Though... maybe anyone else thought or wondered this, but I actually thought that during Pinkerton set he was in a snarky mood.

I don't mean to say it affected the music, if anything it made it better, but there defintely was a weird vibe with Da Rivz during Pinkerton.. Butttt, it mightve just been me. He WAS laughing about on stage.. Hrrmmmm..

Just don't dwell on it too much. It really is nothing personal. I bet you if you have that meeting 5 times, each time it would be different. Just the way it goes sometimes my friend.

F*** it. Two tears in a bucket.

Rivers for Life
:: n.W.o. Sign ::

Also.. I still do not believe he owes anybody shite. Even at meet and greets. Meet and greets are all over the place terrible. I was at rock da bells where there was suppsoed to meet and greets with everyone vip and only slick rick came out! None of wu tang, none of Trivbe Called Quest... and we were in NY, home base lol f*** it.

What we "really" want is a chance to be their friends, and that most likely will never happen. And he has a history of this and people are STILL surprised? Cmon guys.. Some perspective.

Even people who work "27 hours a day".. Now everyone who has it better owes YOU because of YOUR situation? Since when does THAT make sense? Its that sense of entitlement that probably puts him off, and other celebrities..

Ah whatever. Be happy or be sad. Up to you, not Rivers.

Maybe you should show up in a wheelchair, neckbrace, or fake cast next time and you'll get what you deserve.

Saloon Katoo said:

Michael, consider yourself lucky.

I was at the Roseland VIP same as you (Group A) and the only person I actually met was Scott. I didn't talk to anyone else. We were in group A and got MAYBE 5 minutes with the band. 75 people, 5 minutes, you do the math. You couldn't even get close to Rivers much less talk to him.

It was a ripoff. You met Rivers. I didn't. We paid the same price. Consider yourself very lucky.

Brian was nowhere to be seen.

The band came downstairs and chatted with two disabled people for about 5 minutes before we got to "meet" them. Meanwhile signs were put up so we couldn't see the band. Hello! We paid the same price for this meet and greet as they did!

Honestly, I think it disgusting that muti millionaire's with boatloads of money are charging loyal fans $300 a pop for 5 seconds of their time. Yeah, there is some overhead. But I bet they made like $20K alone in meet and greets. It's disgusting.

I'll know better next time.

Oh dear...WTF has happened to the English language?  Are you 12 too?

The Bob Saget Band said:

But seriously folks. He doesn't "owe" anyone anything. I mean, c'mon.. Just think about everything that has gone down between the band INTERNALLY with Da Rivz.. And then some FAN comes around saying they spent x amount of money so now you owe THEM x amount of time or whatever? Im sorry, but did Rivers call peoples house personally and tell them to come on over and spend 600 dollars on him?

Cuz then, I'd be pissed too. Like, "M*********** you told me come over and that you'd chill... wat da funk?"

Otherwise...

Plus all the other facts.. Rivers was prolly mobbed.. And HOW many people do you think come up to him and say the EXACT same thing for the last FIFTEEN years?

Rivers eyes gloss over as he thinks of all the other people that have told him so, doesn't want to broach on that downer of a topic, so asks about your muscianship... and that's BAD?

Cmon man. Rivers asks ME about my music, im saying, "holy cow I suck I know its true!" ... or asking him about verse chorus verse theories... im asking him about sandwiches time and if he will ever play b-sides and demos that never made out. Anything!

If I spend 600, the only thing I would hope for is to see him. Maybe tell him face to face that he's awesome and that Pinkerton has ruled since it came out. And that im glad he has peace within the band with the rest of the gang.

But that's it. A 5 minute convo? Beautiful. Make what you can of what you get, not pout over what you expected to get. Life is nowhere NEAR like that. Pinkteron, taught me that, ironically enough, eons ago.

That being said, I would've asked if I could take a picture of our feet or something.. Or an arm, maybe in strumming pose.

I mean... why's everyone so mad? Was Rivers supposed to touch you on the shoulder and say everythings gonna be alright? You're supposed to take what he gives you. He doesn't bug you to.

At least now you know what to expect, and maybe next time when your expectations are a little more realistic, it'll go way better. Maybe it just seems bad because nothing went as you wanted it to. But. The show was soooooooooo f****** AWESOMMEEEEE.

Though... maybe anyone else thought or wondered this, but I actually thought that during Pinkerton set he was in a snarky mood.

I don't mean to say it affected the music, if anything it made it better, but there defintely was a weird vibe with Da Rivz during Pinkerton.. Butttt, it mightve just been me. He WAS laughing about on stage.. Hrrmmmm..

Just don't dwell on it too much. It really is nothing personal. I bet you if you have that meeting 5 times, each time it would be different. Just the way it goes sometimes my friend.

Rivers for Life

Also.. I still do not believe he owes anybody shite. Even at meet and greets. Meet and greets are all over the place terrible. I was at rock da bells where there was suppsoed to meet and greets with everyone vip and only slick rick came out! None of wu tang, none of Trivbe Called Quest... and we were in NY, home base lol f*** it.

What we "really" want is a chance to be their friends, and that most likely will never happen. And he has a history of this and people are STILL surprised? Cmon guys.. Some perspective.

Even people who work "27 hours a day".. Now everyone who has it better owes YOU because of YOUR situation? Since when does THAT make sense? Its that sense of entitlement that probably puts him off, and other celebrities..

If i had paid hundreds of dollars for a Vip meet and greet id be pretty f***** pissed if the band was rude to me. Yea sure Rivers doesn't owe you anything, but its just blatant respect. We don't have to buy his records and pay to see his shows, you know, the things that have made him a millionaire for doing something he loves to do. The least he could do is not be a d***. He does have the right to be an a****** but than why do some of you defend this behavior? Ive met him a long time ago, he signed my s*** and was really cool, it was a good experience. However (assuming the story is accurate) Its unacceptable to be an a******. Maybe he had an "off night"?, oh boo f****** hoo, he could take 30 seconds out of his day to be nice, before he goes and plays music in front of thousands of people and gets paid more money for performing for an hour than any of us will see in our lifetime. I love weezer, and Rivers is my favorite songwriter, but I hate hero worship.

No that was Scott's job, look at my pic, I have proof

The Bob Saget Band said:

Was Rivers supposed to touch you on the shoulder and say everythings gonna be alright?

I see what your saying.... I don't feel entitled to anything from Rivers except  for a just a little respect, or at the very least for him to pretend to be nice at a meet and greet.

The Bob Saget Band said:

Otherwise...

Rivers for Life

I would never fork the money over for these meet and greets.  It seems that these artists don't have their heart set into it most of the time.  If anything, you pay a high price alone for a concert experience.  I think meeting a band on the circumstances on paying money for it, is kind of a cornball idea.  These artists should know better when they get involved in Meet and Greets.  Of course fans are going to ask for an autograph and a picture.  I believe it's part of the job on being a celebrity.  If these famous people have a problem with that, maybe they should not be famous at all!  Seriously!  I do think that's a lot of nonsense that Rivers treated you like that.  I hope someday soon you'll meet some other famous superstar that will turn this experience around.  Trust me, there are some bigger and better famous people that will give you a better VIP experience without forking the money over to have such a thing.

Ok ok ok

The main point of argument is that Rivers couldn't act like a normal humble person, say hello and etc etc...

And, there is no right answer to this post or forum. Both sides have valid points.

Sure, Rivers doesn't owe ayone anything, but, that does not give him the right to BE an a******. Granted.

Also important, we REALLY don't know how this particular situation went down. We just have one side and perspective..

I've been in millions of scenarios were it was just a simple matter of miscommunication. And the meet and greet was before or after the show?

Well regardless, Rivers is gonna be the most sought out one of the group, AND he's prolly going to be the most exhausted.. Plus, also it was the last show of the year (I believe) before they continue this Memories tour on january 8th or so right? Could've just been all that factoring in...

Maybe the guys tone was all wrong (christopher walken voice, from joe dirt), ya know?

But also, its "meet and Greet" and not "meet and take pictures with and have conversations with" the band. Tooooo many people in that situation for everyone to go home happy.

But I'll also re-iterate. If you go to one of these things and expect the world, you will be let down. I imagine if there were only say 10 people in the whole backstage VIP area, it would've gone down way better. Maybe also if it weren't after a back to back, last hsow of the year (lets get back to LA to see out families)..

Also, Rivers has a HISTORY of awkwardness.. Why all the surprise? That's my confusion. He IS only human.

I still say if that situation presented itself 5 other times itd be different each time. Too many factors go into one chance meeting... and again, HE's the one EVERYone wants to see the MOST, constantly and always.

But im sure this forum can go on endlessly. I've sen it before, back in the day. "Rivers is a jerk/Rivers is great!" Forums is the Weezer song that never ends.

I know.. Lets ask ex-bassists how Rivers is!

Anywhoot.. This is all I can write being 12 years old and with no grasp of this thing called the "English Language". (Erm.. What WAS that guy talking about anyway? I guess having a difference of opinion leads to the old grasping of the straws routine aye rookie?)

If you don't like it (whoever you are)
You can shove it.

P.s. Oh yeah... mightve gotten lost in all this hoopla, but this concert was the shiz-niz. <~~~~ run english language! Run!!

Yeah, that was me! Haha.

After the Blue concert in SF, I waited outside and Rivers darted to the car. A few minutes later Pat came out and chatted with me for a bit and signed my Blue Album.

After the Pinkerton concert, Brian came out, talked to me, and also signed my Blue. Rivers, again, darted straight to the car. Pat came out and recognized me from the night before and talked to me for a bit, he even made a joke about how hard it is to get Rivers to sign things.

Scott also came out and talked to me, but I didn't ask him to sign my Blue Album because he was carrying a ton of luggage and I didn't wanna be a jerk and make him drop everything just for me.

So, yeah, even though it's disappointing to not get everything you wanted, just try to look on the bright side -- you met Weezer. Knowing how shy and awkward Rivers can be, it really isn't much of a surprise that he's hesitant to do things for the fans. Just try not to let it ruin your night.

placemats said:

There was another user who posted feeling disappointed with Rivers at the SF show.  Apparently this guy waited at the venue exit after the show to get autographs.  While the others in the band stopped to say hello and/or sign stuff, Rivers hurried to the car, basically ignoring the guy.  So, your not the only one to have more of a negative experience dude.  Maybe there is some truth to that old saying "you should never meet your heroes."

If some stranger started up an awkward conversation with me I would probably just change the conversation to something i was more comfortable with (are you a musician?) Meet and greets are inherantly very, very awkward and so not saying stupid things like "omg, pinkerton saved my life" or "can we take a picture?!" probably isn't the best way to alieviate the situation. If you want to be treated with respect and have a genuine coversation, treat the band members like they are regular people and not some sort of idol that, to Rivers, probably seems very strange and he doesn't quite know how to deal with it. If you had treated him like a normal guy and had a nice conversation and THEN asked him for a picture, i'm sure he would oblidge. Thats just how human interaction goes, you know? Talk first/ask for something later.

When i meet someone from a band, i either just say "sorry to bother you, just wanted to thank you for a great show, have a good night" and walk away, or, if i want to talk to them, start up a genuine human conversation.

I can't believe this guy is complaining. First off it clearly stated that no pictures were to be taken with the band besides the group picture that was taken.

Second, Rivers has heard a million times how great pinkerton is and how it's changed people's lives. As strange as it may sound, he doesn't care to hear it. I am sure he appreciates it. But after awhile you aren't telling him anything he hasn't heard a million times before.

Third, there were about 75 people around Rivers. Why should this guy get special treatment? I didn't meet Rivers, I didn't get his autograph. This guy wanted preferential treatment.

Sure, Rivers could be nicer, afterall its $300 a person. But he's only human and truth be told, I think he can be kind of a jerk. I mean anyone who is a muti millionaire and screws their fans out of $300 and is rude at a meet and greet, is a jerk. Sorry. He writes great music. He's not that nice.

I can believe you're companing

Saloon Katoo said:

I can't believe this guy is complaining. First off it clearly stated that no pictures were to be taken with the band besides the group picture that was taken.

Second, Rivers has heard a million times how great pinkerton is and how it's changed people's lives. As strange as it may sound, he doesn't care to hear it. I am sure he appreciates it. But after awhile you aren't telling him anything he hasn't heard a million times before.

Third, there were about 75 people around Rivers. Why should this guy get special treatment? I didn't meet Rivers, I didn't get his autograph. This guy wanted preferential treatment.

Sure, Rivers could be nicer, afterall its $300 a person. But he's only human and truth be told, I think he can be kind of a jerk. I mean anyone who is a muti millionaire and screws their fans out of $300 and is rude at a meet and greet, is a jerk. Sorry. He writes great music. He's not that nice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video