Rivers' Bad Attitude at VIP- Roseland NYC (Pinkerton Night)

I just wanted to see if anyone else got this "Bad Attitude" vibe from Rivers on pinkerton night of Roseland VIP ... when we got to hang with the band for 15min

So I walk up to each member: Brian, Scott, and Pat, and they all seem extremely nice and more than happy to sign stuff and take pictures with anyone....I snag photos with them and then I walk over to rivers and I hear him saying he wasn't signing anything, cause he wanted to talk to everyone.  Then I go up to him and I ask him very nicely if he wouldn't mind taking a picture with me, and he says yeah, but immediately turns away and talks to a girl ....So I was respectful and  waited for him to finish up his chat with her, and at point I thought he was done talking with her, and I ask again nicely about taking a picture with me. he then got very annoyed at me, saying that he doesn't want to waste time taking pictures, he just wants to talk to people,(in the time he told me he didn't want to waste time with a picture we could have taking a picture!!!!) and then he says to me that he was still talking to that girl ... and of course I did not realize this, and I even said I'm really sorry, it was very rude of me to interrupt..... after awhile I somehow get into a conversation with rivers and it seemed somewhat genuine, and i tell him that his music helped  me out through some hard times, and he looked at me like I was crazy, and he changed the subject and asked me if I was a musician... Don't get me wrong I respect Rivers a lot, but he honestly made me feel like s***, like I was asking the world of him, and I know we got a picture with the full band afterwords, but I really wanted a  picture with just me and rivers, and that really would have meant a lot to me...(not to mention I noticed on facebook that he took personal pictures with people at the other VIP shows!!!)....I don't mean to complain cause I really had a great time at the Blue and Pinkerton show except for that part... but I paid $600 for vip, another $400 for blue night, and not to mention all the money I've put into Weezer's music, and 7 other live shows I've been to over the years, and he wouldn't take 5 secs to take a photo with me....all I wanted was a picture with just me and him ,,and not only did he shut me down, but he made me feel like  I was an a******...I didn't want anything signed, but the fact that he wouldn't sign anything  either is ridiculous too

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You spelled "course" wrong.

Its well known in the Weezer community that Rivers has terrible people skills. You should know that from "Pinkerton". The guy has come off as a jerk plenty of times simply because he is shy or just flat out awkward when it comes to people skills. I'm sure you miss understood him and I'm sure he did not mean to ruin your night.

My encounter with rivers was after the show on saturday and he was nothing but kind to my wife and I, I understand the feeling that you may not have gotten what you paid for, I'm sorry it turned out that way for you, you do have to admit, the concert itself was amazing, and a once in a lifetime experience.. if you want, I could photoshop you into a picture with rivers.

Yeah believe me, I consider myself extremely lucky that I got to see pinkerton live, and the VIP thing was really cool and I don't mean to talk s*** about rivers or anything, because I really do believe he is a good person. It's just that I really look up to this guy, and when someone you look up to makes you feel like your not welcome, and gets annoyed at you. It's a little upsetting, and I took it personally which maybe I shouldn't have. and if i could do it over again I would have just said hello to him and left it at that.... but, you guys are right he's an awkward person, and I'm an awkward person too, so maybe there was a bad connection there. Anyways I always try to be as nice and respectful to  bands when I meet them and when they're on stage.  My main point is that I really didn't think it would have been much trouble to take a photo with him

u were very polite but rivers is not a ppl person n yeah he was being rediclouse but think about this he  doesnt c his wife n kid everyday i wld b a lil pissy too.i love n respect rivers to death but he dosnt have ppl skills.

Indeed, I was there alongside Taylor and he was super nice to all of us there.  You probably don't know this, but he has a history of not wanting to take pictures from what I've heard so I wouldn't take that personally anyway.  For me, autographs seem silly... I'd rather just make conversation then get a signature on something.   

Taylor Morden said:

My encounter with rivers was after the show on saturday and he was nothing but kind to my wife and I, I understand the feeling that you may not have gotten what you paid for, I'm sorry it turned out that way for you, you do have to admit, the concert itself was amazing, and a once in a lifetime experience.. if you want, I could photoshop you into a picture with rivers.

yeah I get what ur saying

I dont want to knock on you or Rivers for that matter, because I sought of felt the same way, but when you think of it, which is much cooler, having a conversation with somebody or getting a picture with them. Yes I got Brian,Pat, and Scott's signature, but what was better than that was actually talking to them for a minute (Scott & Pat), I wish it could have been longer, but it is almost impossible in that situation. Neither Scott or Pat rushed me off, they were actually talking to me and having a genuine conversation. It's cool that I took a picture with Scott, but all it does is remind me of our conversation, so if we didn't have that conversation, what the f**k good is the picture for. I spent the first day talking to Scott and Pat for a couple of minutes, and tried to get to talk to Rivers and Brian but they were swamped. So on the second night I tried to go straight for Brian, and he was surrounded by girls asking for a picture, and Rivers was surrounded too. It looked like Rivers was trying to walk around and talk to people but the same group was just walking with him surrounding him so what is he supposes to do if other people are monopolizing his time. My only problem is that they didn't bring Karl there so we could talk to him too. Looking back at it now I wish I didn't waste my time trying to talk with Brian or Rivers, and just spent another night talking with Pat or Scott. Oh on a side note Pat said he didn't really like the whole layout of the =w=com thats why he left, but he said he's coming back, but maybe he was just blowing smoke up my ass.

Michael Stegman said:

Yeah believe me, I consider myself extremely lucky that I got to see pinkerton live, and the VIP thing was really cool and I don't mean to talk s*** about rivers or anything, because I really do believe he is a good person. It's just that I really look up to this guy, and when someone you look up to makes you feel like your not welcome, and gets annoyed at you. It's a little upsetting, and I took it personally which maybe I shouldn't have. and if i could do it over again I would have just said hello to him and left it at that.... but, you guys are right he's an awkward person, and I'm an awkward person too, so maybe there was a bad connection there. Anyways I always try to be as nice and respectful to  bands when I meet them and when they're on stage.  My main point is that I really didn't think it would have been much trouble to take a photo with him

There was another user who posted feeling disappointed with Rivers at the SF show.  Apparently this guy waited at the venue exit after the show to get autographs.  While the others in the band stopped to say hello and/or sign stuff, Rivers hurried to the car, basically ignoring the guy.  So, your not the only one to have more of a negative experience dude.  Maybe there is some truth to that old saying "you should never meet your heroes."

I absolutely agree with you! A conversation is without a doubt better than a signature or a photograph... and I had a convo with rivers after this debacle in which he still kinda seemed bothered with me, so I couldn't even have that. The room we were in wasn't too crowded, and rivers had a few people around him, but it only took me 30 Secs for him to acknowledge me. getting the picture wasn't my main problem, it was the way he reacted to me when I asked him, and that's what made me feel bad. 

John DiPietro said:

I dont want to knock on you or Rivers for that matter, because I sought of felt the same way, but when you think of it, which is much cooler, having a conversation with somebody or getting a picture with them. Yes I got Brian,Pat, and Scott's signature, but what was better than that was actually talking to them for a minute (Scott & Pat), I wish it could have been longer, but it is almost impossible in that situation. Neither Scott or Pat rushed me off, they were actually talking to me and having a genuine conversation. It's cool that I took a picture with Scott, but all it does is remind me of our conversation, so if we didn't have that conversation, what the f**k good is the picture for. I spent the first day talking to Scott and Pat for a couple of minutes, and tried to get to talk to Rivers and Brian but they were swamped. So on the second night I tried to go straight for Brian, and he was surrounded by girls asking for a picture, and Rivers was surrounded too. It looked like Rivers was trying to walk around and talk to people but the same group was just walking with him surrounding him so what is he supposes to do if other people are monopolizing his time. My only problem is that they didn't bring Karl there so we could talk to him too. Looking back at it now I wish I didn't waste my time trying to talk with Brian or Rivers, and just spent another night talking with Pat or Scott. Oh on a side note Pat said he didn't really like the whole layout of the =w=com thats why he left, but he said he's coming back, but maybe he was just blowing smoke up my ass.

Michael Stegman said:

Ehm... which one is Rivers again? :D

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. there is no positive spin when your idol makes you feel like sh*t

CrackerJack said:

so?  You saw and met rivers cuomo.  In fact, you had a more genuine experience than prolly anyone here.  Be happy about it.  He has to meet like 300 people a night, and he just got done ripping out his throat playing pinkerton.  Top it off, hes not a people person.  Just take it as you met, him had a wierd experience, and came out of it with a laugh!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video