I was wondering if someone who is going to the October 9th Riot fest show could record Weezer playing. I was planning on going with my girlfriend but she got into a car accident and well, it doesn't look good. She's been in intensive care since last night and I doubt she'll get out in time for the Weezer show. She already stopped me from going to see my other favorite band Ludo, and I'm sure she'll be devastated once she realizes that I can't go see my favorite band Weezer. It's not like I'm going to blame her or anything, but I know how she works. She loves Weezer as well and I want to be able to have this for her also once she is in good condition or even for when she is in the hospital if she even stays that long. I hate talking about my problems over the internet but I figured that the fans could help me more then anyone. 

If not, it's okay, I'm sure Weezer will come to Chicago again. 
But if so, I would gladly appreciate it 

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right.  As long as you get to see Weezer.
"She loves Weezer as well and I want to be able to have this for her also once she is in good condition or even for when she is in the hospital if she even stays that long"

placemats said:
Right.  As long as you get to see Weezer.

see, you have this sweet idea, but you keep saying all these things that make you sound really selfish.

"She already stopped me from going to see my other favorite band Ludo, and I'm sure she'll be devastated once she realizes that I can't go see my favorite band Weezer. It's not like I'm going to blame her or anything, but I know how she works."

right, you aren't going to blame her or anything, you're just going to casually remind everyone that you missed your favorite band while telling the story of her terrible accident. you're (probably) old enough to understand that you don't have to blame her directly for her to feel guilty about it. chances are that she "works" this way because you've done this before without realizing it. i'm really not trying to be a d*** here, just giving you some advice that will greatly benefit you and your current (future) partner(s).

and again, since the above is not directly related to your girlfriend's condition, i'm glad she's awake.

Well thank you for not trying to be a d***, looking at in hindsight I can see how it can be misconstrued as such but I was honestly trying to do this for her. What I meant to say by that was that I already know she's going to feel bad regardless, looking at it, I shouldn't have really included myself in this at all. 

Thank you though.  

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

see, you have this sweet idea, but you keep saying all these things that make you sound really selfish.

"She already stopped me from going to see my other favorite band Ludo, and I'm sure she'll be devastated once she realizes that I can't go see my favorite band Weezer. It's not like I'm going to blame her or anything, but I know how she works."

right, you aren't going to blame her or anything, you're just going to casually remind everyone that you missed your favorite band while telling the story of her terrible accident. you're (probably) old enough to understand that you don't have to blame her directly for her to feel guilty about it. chances are that she "works" this way because you've done this before without realizing it. i'm really not trying to be a d*** here, just giving you some advice that will greatly benefit you and your current (future) partner(s).

and again, since the above is not directly related to your girlfriend's condition, i'm glad she's awake.

I don't think Kittens or I misconstrued your post.  You made some selfish statements that indicated you were more concerned about how this crisis affected you, than your girlfriend.  This doesn't mean that you are a bad person or you don't love your girlfriend.  Everyone acts selfishly.  But I'm pretty positive you can do a whole lot better.  You seem like a decent kid who has gained some perspective here, and I wish you and your girl the best.

I like pterodactyls. said:

Well thank you for not trying to be a d***, looking at in hindsight I can see how it can be misconstrued as such but I was honestly trying to do this for her. What I meant to say by that was that I already know she's going to feel bad regardless, looking at it, I shouldn't have really included myself in this at all. 

Thank you though.  

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

Sorry to hear about your GF, hope she is alright!

as in?

brofessefef said:

Not trying top be a d*** here, but did you manage to sneak any nudie pics of her while she was out cold?

Well, this got... interesting. 

Anyway, she's about fine now, just a couple of days and she'll be released from the hospital.
Again, I thank all who wished hope for this situation and for future purposes I'll make sure to try and use better word choice and try to not be as selfish. I mean that in the most non-sarcastic way possible.

Much love, Johnnie & Amanda :D
glad she's alright.

I like pterodactyls. said:
Well, this got... interesting. 

Anyway, she's about fine now, just a couple of days and she'll be released from the hospital.
Again, I thank all who wished hope for this situation and for future purposes I'll make sure to try and use better word choice and try to not be as selfish. I mean that in the most non-sarcastic way possible.

Much love, Johnnie & Amanda :D

http://weezer.com/forum/topics/weezer-s-mikey-dedication-at-riot-fest

It's kind of shaky, but I got a few complete songs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video