I've wanted to see the Memories tour so badly, and I just got my tickets to Riot Fest.

I think that at a punk rock festival, people would love to hear older stuff compared to newer stuff.

Play it like Vegas, and play Blue and Pinkerton!

The crowd would respond more to that than newer hits like "Pork and Beans"

I know I would.

Please consider.

Anyone on this forum know if something like this might happen?

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The only reason I want one is because I live in Wisconsin and we didnt get a Memories show. I missed tickets to the first one in Chicago, and happen to be going down to see them for this show. 

I can understand wanting other cities to get their Memories shows, but i just want one close to me that I can get to.
Gohi said:

Can I just say that the prospect of Chicago getting another memories show is just a little bit ridiculous and a concept which I'm not that into? I mean I liked it when the memories shows felt like special one-time events. I guess this won't cheapen my memories from Chicago, it just feels a little unfair to fans in states and countries which are still clamouring for a memories show.
Awesome, gonna get one of each

Gohi said:
Max: there were blue and pinker ton shirts at the state fair show I saw a week ago.

Teaser just posted by the Congress on Facebook: "Stay tuned for a very special announcement tomorrow morning...get your tickets before they sell out, don't say we didn't warn you!"

Hmmmmm. :)

WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?!?!

Lisa said:

Teaser just posted by the Congress on Facebook: "Stay tuned for a very special announcement tomorrow morning...get your tickets before they sell out, don't say we didn't warn you!"

Hmmmmm. :)

Well, considering that Riot Fest has said nothing about it, that pretty much rules out the possibility that it will be the rest of the line up for the show.  So that leaves about one possibility (well, I guess actually three: playing the Blue Album, playing Pinkerton, or playing both).

Well, they are going to play one of them.  There is a poll going on at WXRT althought I can't find in on the website.  Fans vote for either The Blue Album or Pinkerton and the winner is the one which will be played.

Edit: I finally found the poll.  It was listed under giveaways.  Here is the direct link:  http://www.cbsdigitalchicago.com/93xrt/index.php

Just read some reviews of the venue... Sounds terrible. Wish it was back at Aragon.
I like the Congress a whole lot better than the Aragon.  I always see people saying stuff about the sound being bad, but I have been all over that place and never had any such complaint.  But I like being able to actually see the show, which is why I like Congress better than Aragon.  I feel like if I'm not in the first couple of rows at the Aragon, I'm probably going to have a tough time seeing...and I'm 6 foot.  Congress's floor is slanted so the floor in the back of the venue is higher than the floor near the stage, making it a lot easier to see over people.  Also, they have a balcony that you can actually find seats in.  But it really is just personal preferences.  And of course you would see bad reviews.  People that aren't getting paid or asked to review something normally won't unless they really dislike or really love what they are reviewing.

I've never been the congress before (been to most every other one in Chicago).  I really liked the Aragon, but prefer the Metro (I realize Weezer could never play there, way to small)

I noticed you can buy a parking pass with your tickets, so I assume this is downtown

Jason said:

I like the Congress a whole lot better than the Aragon.  I always see people saying stuff about the sound being bad, but I have been all over that place and never had any such complaint.  But I like being able to actually see the show, which is why I like Congress better than Aragon.  I feel like if I'm not in the first couple of rows at the Aragon, I'm probably going to have a tough time seeing...and I'm 6 foot.  Congress's floor is slanted so the floor in the back of the venue is higher than the floor near the stage, making it a lot easier to see over people.  Also, they have a balcony that you can actually find seats in.  But it really is just personal preferences.  And of course you would see bad reviews.  People that aren't getting paid or asked to review something normally won't unless they really dislike or really love what they are reviewing.
Not exactly.  But there are lots that are by the Congress Theater, so I'm guessing that is where the parking pass is for.  I don't really know much about the parking situation though because it is close to the blue line so I just take that to get there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video