Would you say the Red Album is kind of underrated. I thought this was a very good album. I might be a little biased though because it was my first Weezer album. What would you say?

Tags: Albums

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

deff not underrated. Tracks 1-3 rule. and so do track 8 and 10. The rest of the album just doesn't flow or fit, regardless if the other songs are good, it just doesnt flow at all.
Underrated by who? The general public? yes. On here? definetly not, i think most peopel agree that it had a great direction to it, it just lacked a good flow to be considered AMAZING. I kind of agree with Ben on that.

I don't think it's underrated, it definitely has a lot of shortcomings that are rightfully stopping it being revered on a grail level. That being said, it's probably my favourite Weezer release after Blue and Pinkerton because where it succeeds, it succeeds like no other track after Pinkerton has. Run Over by a Truck, The Angel and the One, Miss Sweeney, The Spider, I Don't Want to Let You Go and Pig are among the best songs Rivers has ever penned so overall, I'm extremely appreciative of this era.

Miss Sweeney, Pig, TGMTEL, TAATO, Dreamin' and Pork N Beans are 6 of the best Post Pinkerton songs. Heck some of those can at least be in the same conversation as some of the 90's material.  Troublemaker, The Spider and Heart Songs aren't bad. The rest of the songs royally suck though. Red is frustrating because with the right tracklist it would have easily been Weezer's third great album and they could have gotten the monkey off their back for never making another great album. However, the tracklisting sucks and they saved the best stuff for the Deluxe Edition. So overrated? I honestly don't know. Half the album is great, but a good majority of it sucks.
If half of it is good then how can a majority of it suck???? PARADOX!!!!!!

bleedgoldandwhite21 said:
Miss Sweeney, Pig, TGMTEL, TAATO, Dreamin' and Pork N Beans are 6 of the best Post Pinkerton songs. Heck some of those can at least be in the same conversation as some of the 90's material.  Troublemaker, The Spider and Heart Songs aren't bad. The rest of the songs royally suck though. Red is frustrating because with the right tracklist it would have easily been Weezer's third great album and they could have gotten the monkey off their back for never making another great album. However, the tracklisting sucks and they saved the best stuff for the Deluxe Edition. So overrated? I honestly don't know. Half the album is great, but a good majority of it sucks.
IMO, red has some of the band's best songs, such as pork and beans, greatest man, dreamin, pig, angel and the one, and everybody get dangerous (yes, you heard me correctly!) However, it also has some mediocre songs. You all know what THOSE are!

Not really. It's a very inconsistent album. There are amazing tracks, and then there are some awful ones.

They really should've included the deluxe songs in the actual album.

This is actually one of my favorite albums - I always think it's underrated!  As other people have said there are just amazing songs on that record.  And I think Rivers just does a lot of...experimenting musically which I find really cool!
I definitely think this album is underrated. Other than maybe Thought I Knew and Cold Dark World the album is great, and anyone who says it has no flow is not really paying attention, it is almost a concept album in its musical layering and thematic material. I think this is one of those things where everyone says everything after Pinkerton sucks because they loved that album so much, but initially that album was underrated. (Maladroit suffered this same ailmet IMO--great experimental album going in a new direction, generally very positive reviews but the Weezer fans just wanted more Pinkerton).
I say it's far overrated; easily the worst Weezer album IMO, and among my all-time least favorites.  I don't understand why it gets so much more love than Raditude.

Not over-rated or underrated.  I think Red Album could have been a bigger success if Greatest Man was released as a single.

I like all but one song out of the Red Album tracks.  I just can't get into any of Brian's material.  Space Twins, Relationship, "Though I Knew".....all bad stuff IMO.

I think Maladroit is the real underrated album.

it was a good record but not underrated it got its credit, it could have been a better album i mean if weezer didnt try to experiment it songs like automatic and cold dark world (though i thought they were good though) they could've had a underrated album but maladroit is the most underrated album.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video