In my opinion The Red Album had the best deluxe songs post Pinkerton and I think a lot of people on these boards agree with me. I also think the Red Album was just a few songs off greatness (just counting tracks 1 - 10) and it got me thinking, if some of the deluxe songs were part of the main 10 tracks it could have been so much better. 

My reconstruction: 

1. Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
3. Pork and Beans
4. Pig
5. Miss Sweeney
6. Dreamin
7. Thought I knew
8. King
9. Automatic
10. The Angel and the One

So which songs would you include and remove? 

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't argue with that.

edgey44 said:
still a good song like!

SugarBooger said:
Hence the reason I never included it or I Can Love.

blakesp26 said:
"it's easy" was not on the actual deluxe album...i think it was an itunes bonus or something like that.

CrackerJack said:
woh wait, its easy was the best deluxe track. Where is it??
build us a SHRUBBERY!!!!

edgey44 said:
we are the nights who say NI !!!

placemats said:
I'm not naying you nah btw.

placemats said:
Nay.

runnersdialzero said:
Nah.

The Red Album v2

1. Troublemaker
  3. Pork And Beans
  4. Dreamin’
  5. Miss Sweeney
  6. Pig
  7. The Spider
  8. King
  9. The Angel And The One
    (a bit of silence) 
  10. It’s Easy

This would've been up there with Blue and Pinkerton - the undisputed 3rd best (or higher) album.

And the thing is... all the tracks were already done. Just some smarter selections would've made a classic.

You guys are crazy for not liking Automatic, Cold Dark World, and Thought I knew. ):
Hardly. They are three of the worst on the album, along with Heart Songs and Everybody Get Dangerous.

xlawlzyourfacex said:
You guys are crazy for not liking Automatic, Cold Dark World, and Thought I knew. ):
Take out Troublemaker. Done.
Remove Automatic and put The Spider.
This.
Humpty Dumpty said:

The Red Album v2

1. Troublemaker
  3. Pork And Beans
  4. Dreamin’
  5. Miss Sweeney
  6. Pig
  7. The Spider
  8. King
  9. The Angel And The One
    (a bit of silence) 
  10. It’s Easy

This would've been up there with Blue and Pinkerton - the undisputed 3rd best (or higher) album.

And the thing is... all the tracks were already done. Just some smarter selections would've made a classic.

Run Over by a Truck should have opened The Red Album imo.
Songs such as Troublemaker, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived and Heart Songs seem to have recurring themes in them with that whole "troublesome rockstar" vibe. Pork and Beans and Everybody Get Dangerous seem to fit the "troublemaker" bill also. The songs written by the other members of the band don't seem to fit these themes at all. Pig should be right near the end of the album as it is basically summing up the protagonists entire life which may have been presented in the album. I'm not quite sure what the meaning behind the Angel and the One is but it fits beautifully at the end of the album. It's hard to visualize this album as a concept, but since it has common themes it could possibly work as one.
WHAT. THAT'S CRAZY TALK. Although I do agree about Everybody Get Dangerous. I never listen to that song..

Humpty Dumpty said:
Hardly. They are three of the worst on the album, along with Heart Songs and Everybody Get Dangerous.

xlawlzyourfacex said:
It's Easy should be in there. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video