In my opinion The Red Album had the best deluxe songs post Pinkerton and I think a lot of people on these boards agree with me. I also think the Red Album was just a few songs off greatness (just counting tracks 1 - 10) and it got me thinking, if some of the deluxe songs were part of the main 10 tracks it could have been so much better. 

My reconstruction: 

1. Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
3. Pork and Beans
4. Pig
5. Miss Sweeney
6. Dreamin
7. Thought I knew
8. King
9. Automatic
10. The Angel and the One

So which songs would you include and remove? 
 

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nah.
I don't really like Automatic all that much and Thought I knew is a decent song but not great. Brian has written better songs than Thought I Knew..."It's Easy" being one of them. I think Red Album should have been:

1. Troublemaker
2. Greatest Man
3. Pork and Beans
4. Pig
5. Miss Sweeney
6. I Can Love (a full electric guitar/full band recording of course)
7. It's Easy (with drums like on the aol sessions)
8. Dreamin
9. King
10. The Angel and the One

I still think the Red Album had some of their greatest songs since the first two albums. I think this is really the direction Weezer should have continued in. There are a handful of songs that I like from Raditude and Hurley though so I'm not bashing the newest stuff either.
i like this list a lot. first 3 songs from red are great, plus thought i knew and the angel and the one but everything else was just ok. but the deluxe tracks are 4 of the best tracks rivers has written since pinkerton. if they had released the album this way, it would've definitely have been their 4th best.. (pinkerton, blue and make believe being above red).
Great list, but go with the version of I Thought I Knew off MTV artist of the week. It doesn't have that horrible synth beat, far superior. And Pat does a great job on guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz85ZUv082Q
Nay.

runnersdialzero said:
Nah.
"it's easy" was not on the actual deluxe album...i think it was an itunes bonus or something like that.

CrackerJack said:
woh wait, its easy was the best deluxe track. Where is it??
I'm not naying you nah btw.

placemats said:
Nay.

runnersdialzero said:
Nah.
we are the nights who say NI !!!

placemats said:
I'm not naying you nah btw.

placemats said:
Nay.

runnersdialzero said:
Nah.
this is sexy

ekloot said:
I don't really like Automatic all that much and Thought I knew is a decent song but not great. Brian has written better songs than Thought I Knew..."It's Easy" being one of them. I think Red Album should have been:

1. Troublemaker
2. Greatest Man
3. Pork and Beans
4. Pig
5. Miss Sweeney
6. I Can Love (a full electric guitar/full band recording of course)
7. It's Easy (with drums like on the aol sessions)
8. Dreamin
9. King
10. The Angel and the One

I still think the Red Album had some of their greatest songs since the first two albums. I think this is really the direction Weezer should have continued in. There are a handful of songs that I like from Raditude and Hurley though so I'm not bashing the newest stuff either.
yeah, but King is the only weezer song I've heard several times yet can retain no memory of whatsoever. I'd replace it with 'It's Easy.' That song don't get enough love.

And Automatic?!? Rivers, Pat, Karl, whoever sees the forum...
Can we finally get the Automatic - LA Riots Remix on itunes or amazon or something? That remix kicks ass.
Hence the reason I never included it or I Can Love.



blakesp26 said:
"it's easy" was not on the actual deluxe album...i think it was an itunes bonus or something like that.

CrackerJack said:
woh wait, its easy was the best deluxe track. Where is it??
still a good song like!

SugarBooger said:
Hence the reason I never included it or I Can Love.



blakesp26 said:
"it's easy" was not on the actual deluxe album...i think it was an itunes bonus or something like that.

CrackerJack said:
woh wait, its easy was the best deluxe track. Where is it??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video