My hubby and I were in a doughnut shop that only accepts cash. Three girls who looked like college students came in and one girl didn't realize they didn't accept plastic so she wasn't going to get a doughnut. We bought one for her and she was totally surprised and very thankful.  Made us feel really good!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oops Freudian slip

I get the bigger package, though.

Dreaming again are you

hintofcoolness said:

oops Freudian slip

I get the bigger package, though.

Thanks.  I appreciate that.

hintofcoolness said:

I'm impressed, actually. Sometimes I'll be with a buddy or whatever and give money to a homeless guy and then I get the "he's just going to use it for booze."

I always reply, "well I'm about to spend 8 bucks per drink at a nite club this weekend so why not give the dude a buck and let him have some fun as well."

*shrug*

placemats said:

Even poor people deserve a treat every now and again.

Brofessefef said:

Soda?  Jesus, if it was baby food, or maybe some vegetables, I'd have seen the point!

placemats said:

My good deed:  I was at the grocery store getting ready to leave, when I overheard the woman who was behind me telling the cashier she didn't have enough food stamps.  She was getting ready to give up a case of sodas, so I purchased them for her.  She was stunned, as were the rest of the onlookers.

You are welcome.
I paid a stranger's bus fare once.  When I was living in SF, I found a $20 bill on the street which I then gave it to a homeless woman.
You're a saint, Jon. 

Brofessefef said:

Here's my random act of kindness...

The other week someone dropped £20 in a supermarket.  I let another guy pick it up and take it to the customer services desk on the offchance that its owner might return and reclaim it, instead of just picking it up and walking off with it myself..

Yep.

Mmhmm, sounds about right.

Brofessefef said:

then I went to the service desk 10 minutes later and claimed I'd lost £20

suz{ANNE} said:

You're a saint, Jon. 

Brofessefef said:

The other week someone dropped £20 in a supermarket.  I let another guy pick it up and take it to the customer services desk on the offchance that its owner might return and reclaim it, instead of just picking it up and walking off with it myself..

Yep.

hey weren't you the one who screwed over* some lady in a bakery a while back, I forget the details lol

*I mean screwed over in the good-natural-selection-will-sort-things-out way
Brofessefef said:

suz{ANNE} said:

You're a saint, Jon. 

Brofessefef said:

Yep.

I let another driver peacefully change lanes in front of me today. In Los Angeles, mind you.

You are so going to hell.

Brofessefef said:

I tried to pick up a dropped £20 note in a supermarket and this old guy just beat me to it.  I tried my luck and said "£20 lottery tickets - £10 each?"  to which he grinned and said "No, I'm taking it to the service desk incase its owner comes looking for it."  Peenarse.

So I gave it ten minutes and bowled up to the customer service desk in a fluster after 'losing' £20.  Everyone in the queue was telling me how lucky I was and how the man who handed it in was a nice person.

So yeah, natural selection at its finest!

hintofcoolness said:

hey weren't you the one who screwed over* some lady in a bakery a while back, I forget the details lol

*I mean screwed over in the good-natural-selection-will-sort-things-out way
Brofessefef said:

suz{ANNE} said:

You're a saint, Jon. 

Brofessefef said:

Yep.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video