My hubby and I were in a doughnut shop that only accepts cash. Three girls who looked like college students came in and one girl didn't realize they didn't accept plastic so she wasn't going to get a doughnut. We bought one for her and she was totally surprised and very thankful.  Made us feel really good!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Typhoon and I saved a raccoon's life.

Also that was very nice of you.

I did something like that once.
I had 20 bucks and there was a fundraiser for our school band, where there was a dollar per candy.
I bought 20 and threw them at strangers.
Yeah, nobody can top the raccoon save you and Typhoon did. It the little things that count, right?

hintofcoolness said:

Typhoon and I saved a raccoon's life.

Also that was very nice of you.

I bought around $10 worth of candy bars from my co-worker for her kid's school fund raiser and gave them to my co-workers.

Michael Barrios said:
I did something like that once.
I had 20 bucks and there was a fundraiser for our school band, where there was a dollar per candy.
I bought 20 and threw them at strangers.

Wow Birdie, you totally read my mind.  I was thinking about putting up a similar post.

My good deed:  I was at the grocery store getting ready to leave, when I overheard the woman who was behind me telling the cashier she didn't have enough food stamps.  She was getting ready to give up a case of sodas, so I purchased them for her.  She was stunned, as were the rest of the onlookers.

I gave a homless guy my pack of cigarettes on New Years Eve. I saw the guy later as he proceeded to sell loosies to drunk college kids for a dollar a piece.
I saw a woman on the street with a sign saying she needed food for her kids. I went to the grocery store up the block and bought a bunch of soup and bread and took it to her along with some cash. I've never had someone hug me so tight.
Well, the other things in her cart were appropriate food items and her kids looked really disappointed when she removed the sodas.  Even poor people deserve a treat every now and again.

Brofessefef said:

Soda?  Jesus, if it was baby food, or maybe some vegetables, I'd have seen the point!

placemats said:

My good deed:  I was at the grocery store getting ready to leave, when I overheard the woman who was behind me telling the cashier she didn't have enough food stamps.  She was getting ready to give up a case of sodas, so I purchased them for her.  She was stunned, as were the rest of the onlookers.

im gunna do something decent over the weekend, just so i can put a worthy post in this thread
As will I. 

edgey44 said:
im gunna do something decent over the weekend, just so i can put a worthy post in this thread

I'm impressed, actually. Sometimes I'll be with a buddy or whatever and give money to a homeless guy and then I get the "he's just going to use it for booze."

I always reply, "well I'm about to spend 8 bucks per drink at a nite club this weekend so why not give the dude a buck and let him have some fun as well."

*shrug*

placemats said:

Even poor people deserve a treat every now and again.

Brofessefef said:

Soda?  Jesus, if it was baby food, or maybe some vegetables, I'd have seen the point!

placemats said:

I used to by my co-workers treats from a nearby bakery pretty regularly until they started expecting it. I stopped when I had people asking me when I was gonna buy them their goodies.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video