Okay, what is the deal with this album? Why does everyone hate it? Am I the only one who appreciates the rockin' riff of "Let It All Hang Out", the cool beat and lyrics of "Trippin' Down The Freeway", the awesome buildup and heart-filled lyrics of "Put Me Back Together", the great tune of "The Girl Got Hot", and the classic "I Want You To"? Why all the hate? Please give me specific reasons, not "this album is a piece of s***". Please explain. Thanks, and I don't care if you guys hate it, just wondering why.

For the few who like this album, what is your favorite song? Mine is "Put Me Back Together"

Views: 60

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

agree on the Maladroit comment but whoa whoa The Angel and The One, Pork and Beans, Greatest Man, and Dreamin' alone annihilate everything on Raditude. Even the power of Prettiest Girl on Rad deluxe is no match for Sweeney, Pig, and Spider. The Red era contains some of Weezer's best tracks post-pinkerton period. That said, Cold Dark World and the exclusion of said deluxe tracks don't allow Red to overtake Make Believe as 3rd best.

Indiekid said:

Its not Weezer at their best, but there are songs which are really good (Put me back together, i want you to and trippin down the freeway to name a few). It is far better than Maladroit and is probably better than Red IMO
Red has some of Weezer's all-time best songs. Not just Post-Pink but in general. Miss Sweeney, Dreamin', The Greatest Man, The Spider, The Angel and The One...  could have easily been the 3rd best Weezer album (if not 2nd best... offensive statement, maybe, but oh well).

Yeah i agree.  I don't get why so many people say that track is horrible.  I guess it's just because it's different than what Weezer normally does. Or maybe they just hate lil Wayne, which i do but i've still got nothing against the song.

Jordan said:

Indeed, I've been liking it more and more lately.

Dylan Avnet said:
 I think Can't Stop Partying is super underrated too.
Yes super agreed!  especially the cover!   teehee!

Hugh Lovric said:
i really like it i think it was a amazing album
I love "Put me back together" as well  as "I'm your daddy" and " If your wondering if I want you to, I want you to".
alumb. (sir kittens bieber correction)

sir kittens bieber ♥ said:
alumb.

The dreWid said:
I like it, but it's still the worst weezer alumb. 
UGH. I hate all the "pure" Weezer fans who say Raditude is a piece of s*** and a "disgrace" to the band. The songs are so fun! I think they should take the time to appreciate some of the great tracks on it. The Underdogs is such a moving song. I'm sad to see it go over looked so often :P
i really like the album too, idk why so many people hate it. my favs are probably i want you to and let it all hang out
Even though raditude may be one of the most shallow albums, that doesn't neccisserily mean it's bad. Maladroit, i love, it's a great album. Although Maladroit is also a shallow album, i still love it. It's the same for Raditude, i like it. That being said Rad is my least favourite weezer album, but that's just a matter of comparison, i do still like rad.

Although it's probably true that the best weezer songs have lyrics that actually mean something to Rivers.

I don't know how far things would improve with Rivers writing words that actually mean something to him now, it's probably a lot harder to do now that he's happier, which is good for him, it would be selfish to want him to be depressed just for some potentially better songs.

I agree. I was just gonna say something along the same lines. It's weird the way some people get up on their high horse over it, or are apparently 'offended' by the album. Even the most ardent of Raditude haters still accept there's (at least) a few good tracks, so how can it be wholly bad? It's a good record. Get a grip and get over it ffs.

All groups' output varies over long periods, no matter who or how good they are, we're talking about a group that had been around well over 15 years at the inception of Raditude as a record! I personally think Hurley is probably so good because the album before it was Raditude.

Things change, deal with it.

Trudy Truelove said:

UGH. I hate all the "pure" Weezer fans who say Raditude is a piece of s*** and a "disgrace" to the band. The songs are so fun! I think they should take the time to appreciate some of the great tracks on it. The Underdogs is such a moving song. I'm sad to see it go over looked so often :P
Guys, this is a discussion forum. Don't get bent out of shape about other people's honest thoughts or opinions. Also, I hope you don't lump my or johnny rockets' post in with the "haters" just because we don't like the album, because we were both respectful and constructive.

Like Gohi said, we're not haters. Personally, I was really looking forward to Raditude when it was announced. I had very high hopes that Rivers could hone his pop-rock writing craft with individuals who have a history of producing Top 40 hits.

This isn't about thinking 90's Weezer is the one "true" Weezer. The band (and Rivers) take many shapes and forms. Each album is unique in its style and approach. That is something I've always appreciated about this band.

The fact of the matter is Raditude is a complete disappointment on all fronts. I love watching bands evolve and change over time, because I am too. However, when my favorite band is writing songs that show a regression in their abilities, I can't sit still. If Rivers wants to be a hit machine, that's fine as long as the songs are good.

But Raditude was a terrible direction. For a man who we all know can develop melodies that rival Paul McCartney and Brian Wilson and write lyrics that are both clever and thoughtful, for a band we know are collectively and individually (see The Space Twins, The Relationship, Special Goodness) musically capable of producing classic tracks, Raditude is beyond underwhelming.

I don't want this band to create another Blue or Pinkerton. In fact Make Believe, Red, and Hurley (despite the missteps because they are there) all show that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Rivers doesn't have to be depressed to write good songs. The last thing I want is for the man to be a reclusive hermit again. I want him to actually write about his daughter without mutating it into a song about picking up younger chicks or socks. I want him to write genuine songs showing his affection for his wife for once.

Of course he doesn't have to be limited to just those topics. But when Rivers writes from the point of view of a 14 year old (even if I do kinda enjoy that stupid daydreaming about ice cream song) or leopard handbags or chicklets, I've gotta draw a line somewhere.  Rivers always had a way of being immature in his lyrics, but at least they were witty back then.

There's also the issue with the lack of solos and variety in song arrangements. Something like Blowin' My Stack isn't the most poetic thing, but it's fun and interesting as hell. That breakdown and that scream is something that has been missing in Weezer for a long time.

But hey does any of this ruined the experience of being a Weezer fan? No. I'm still here, on 2 different Weezer message boards no less. I've been a fan for 13 years and I don't plan on stopping. This isn't about being one type of fan or another. This is about critiquing Weezer's output and pointing on what I enjoy and find brilliant, and what i find terribly embarrassing and facepalm worthy.

All I want from this band is to produce an album with great songs from tracks 1 through 10 again and for them, as well as the fans, to be happy with the final product.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Guys, this is a discussion forum. Don't get bent out of shape about other people's honest thoughts or opinions. Also, I hope you don't lump my or johnny rockets' post in with the "haters" just because we don't like the album, because we were both respectful and constructive.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video