Okay, what is the deal with this album? Why does everyone hate it? Am I the only one who appreciates the rockin' riff of "Let It All Hang Out", the cool beat and lyrics of "Trippin' Down The Freeway", the awesome buildup and heart-filled lyrics of "Put Me Back Together", the great tune of "The Girl Got Hot", and the classic "I Want You To"? Why all the hate? Please give me specific reasons, not "this album is a piece of s***". Please explain. Thanks, and I don't care if you guys hate it, just wondering why.

For the few who like this album, what is your favorite song? Mine is "Put Me Back Together"

Views: 60

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It took awhile for me to appreciate, but I think it really is their best since the Blue album (I never totally got into Pinkerton). What's wrong with having a little fun? The video with Kenny G helping out on "I'm Your Daddy" really brings it all together IMO. "Don't want to let you go" is another great track.
I actually really like this album--and it only grows on me more every time I listen to it; I would say of the newer albums, this one has been making the rotation most these days---and I LOVE LOVE Put me Back Together---if anyone hates this song, they have no heart ! =w=
Yes I agree, the tone of this thread is what all forum discussions should be like--intelligent commentary with sound reasoning without resorting to the "you all suck" territory. Kudos to everyone =D

popzoom said:
Actually this thread is staying surprisingly calm...I like it!

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Guys, this is a discussion forum. Don't get bent out of shape about other people's honest thoughts or opinions. Also, I hope you don't lump my or johnny rockets' post in with the "haters" just because we don't like the album, because we were both respectful and constructive.

Dude this album is amazing. The thing is a lot of people are just thrown off by how diffrent it is from the 'old' weezer. But if this had been their debute album they probably would ahve been hailed as one of the best pop rock bands to come out in the last few years lol. Aside form in in the mall (just ew) the rest of the songs are either good or real gems, with the majority of them beings gems. People also seem to forget some of the amazing bonus tracks, the prettiest girl in the whole wide world=epicsauce.

Its an amazing album and ide have to say is my 4th fav Weezer album. Favs switch every day to Cant Stop Partying, Love is the Answer and Put Me Back Together being the main ones.

A lot have already pinpointed a lot of what's wrong with Raditude.  There's not a lot there to get invested in.  Personally, I think Rivers could write better songs by himself then all this cowrite business.  It takes the "Weezer" out of the songs.  Put Me Back Together is straight up just an AAR song.  It's fine for AAR, but I'm a fan of AAR and I can tell when I'm hearing stuff out of Tyson Ritter's playbook. 

CSP was a cool demo, but they dropped the ball when trying to make it some kind of club song.  I feel the life was sucked out of I don't want to let you go... Love is the Answer was just horribly done.  The only songs I really like are Prettiest Girl, Run Over by a Truck, Trippin and to a lesser extent If You're Wondering.

Just don't really get into the album.  Even as just throw away "fun pop" it misses the mark.  That's not to say it's HORRENDOUS or anything.  But I haven't really listened to it all the way through since probably 2009 when it came out.

I know Rivers and Weezer can do much better.

Awesome

Christian Nelson said:
It took awhile for me to appreciate, but I think it really is their best since the Blue album (I never totally got into Pinkerton). What's wrong with having a little fun? The video with Kenny G helping out on "I'm Your Daddy" really brings it all together IMO. "Don't want to let you go" is another great track.
This

Cherrie said:
Yes I agree, the tone of this thread is what all forum discussions should be like--intelligent commentary with sound reasoning without resorting to the "you all suck" territory. Kudos to everyone =D

popzoom said:
Actually this thread is staying surprisingly calm...I like it!

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Guys, this is a discussion forum. Don't get bent out of shape about other people's honest thoughts or opinions. Also, I hope you don't lump my or johnny rockets' post in with the "haters" just because we don't like the album, because we were both respectful and constructive.
Great!

America said:

Dude this album is amazing. The thing is a lot of people are just thrown off by how diffrent it is from the 'old' weezer. But if this had been their debute album they probably would ahve been hailed as one of the best pop rock bands to come out in the last few years lol. Aside form in in the mall (just ew) the rest of the songs are either good or real gems, with the majority of them beings gems. People also seem to forget some of the amazing bonus tracks, the prettiest girl in the whole wide world=epicsauce.

Its an amazing album and ide have to say is my 4th fav Weezer album. Favs switch every day to Cant Stop Partying, Love is the Answer and Put Me Back Together being the main ones.

I completely understand!

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

A lot have already pinpointed a lot of what's wrong with Raditude.  There's not a lot there to get invested in.  Personally, I think Rivers could write better songs by himself then all this cowrite business.  It takes the "Weezer" out of the songs.  Put Me Back Together is straight up just an AAR song.  It's fine for AAR, but I'm a fan of AAR and I can tell when I'm hearing stuff out of Tyson Ritter's playbook. 

CSP was a cool demo, but they dropped the ball when trying to make it some kind of club song.  I feel the life was sucked out of I don't want to let you go... Love is the Answer was just horribly done.  The only songs I really like are Prettiest Girl, Run Over by a Truck, Trippin and to a lesser extent If You're Wondering.

Just don't really get into the album.  Even as just throw away "fun pop" it misses the mark.  That's not to say it's HORRENDOUS or anything.  But I haven't really listened to it all the way through since probably 2009 when it came out.

I know Rivers and Weezer can do much better.

i love this album.  "Don't Want To Let You Go" is an amazing tune.  It battles for best "Album Closer".  The way it's orchestrated, and how depressing it is, just makes it so beautifully sad.

I can't get enough of 'Can't Stop Partying".  And the Rock version released on the iTunes pass is awesome!

I sing "Let It All Hang Out" on my way to the bar on saturday nights.

Well overall I have learned that there are Weezer fans out there that appreciate this album. Thanks for all of the responses! =W=

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video