Okay, what is the deal with this album? Why does everyone hate it? Am I the only one who appreciates the rockin' riff of "Let It All Hang Out", the cool beat and lyrics of "Trippin' Down The Freeway", the awesome buildup and heart-filled lyrics of "Put Me Back Together", the great tune of "The Girl Got Hot", and the classic "I Want You To"? Why all the hate? Please give me specific reasons, not "this album is a piece of s***". Please explain. Thanks, and I don't care if you guys hate it, just wondering why.

For the few who like this album, what is your favorite song? Mine is "Put Me Back Together"

Views: 60

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

lawl truth.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:
this album is a piece of s***.
Awww snap. 

Paperface said:
No. You're wrong.

Dave said:

leftshoe18 said:
Raditude is my least favorite Weezer album yet I still like it plenty.  Other than "The Girl Got Hot" and "In the Mall", I like every track of it.  My favorites are "I'm Your Daddy", "Put Me Back Together", and "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To".

It's actually: If You're Wondering If I Want You To (I Want You To).
Not:
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To.
I want you to-8.5
I'm your daddy-8.5
The girl got hot-8.5
Can't stop partying-1 (for this version)
Put me back together-6
Trippin'- 9
LITA-7.8
LIAHO-8.3
In the mall-8.5
IDWLYG- 8.5
Get me some-8
Run over by a truck-8
PGITWWW-9
Underdawgs-8.8

Overall- 7.8/10 (this is not an average score)
Comments- very good album. Weezer's worst. The only one with a couple stinkers. 

I like Raditude.  It's a truly excellent album for playing in your car, windows down, on a warm and sunny [happy]  day.  My favorite song from the start (which hasn't changed) is Put Me Back Together.  I also really love Trippin Down the Freeway, Let it all Hang Out, and I Don't Want to Let You Go.  

Cool thanks

The dreWid said:
I want you to-8.5
I'm your daddy-8.5
The girl got hot-8.5
Can't stop partying-1 (for this version)
Put me back together-6
Trippin'- 9
LITA-7.8
LIAHO-8.3
In the mall-8.5
IDWLYG- 8.5
Get me some-8
Run over by a truck-8
PGITWWW-9
Underdawgs-8.8

Overall- 7.8/10 (this is not an average score)
Comments- very good album. Weezer's worst. The only one with a couple stinkers. 
Awesome 

oktobermama said:

I like Raditude.  It's a truly excellent album for playing in your car, windows down, on a warm and sunny [happy]  day.  My favorite song from the start (which hasn't changed) is Put Me Back Together.  I also really love Trippin Down the Freeway, Let it all Hang Out, and I Don't Want to Let You Go.  

It's probably my least favorite album, but I still love it!

I like:

Run Over by a Truck

Put Me Back Together

The Girl Got Hot

I want You to

Tripping Down the Freeway

I Don't Want to Let You Go

They're all good though, except that I don't care much for Love is the Answer... but very good album.

To me, Maladroit is their worst album. It doesn't even necessarily feel like a real album, just a collection of songs they threw on the wall and saw what stuck. I was there during that era, both on .com and the RCB, downloading every demo, providing my input. If the band had chosen better songs (We Go Together, So Low, Faith In The Light, Sandwiches Time, Listen Up just to name a few), this album would have been significantly more enjoyable.

While some of the solos (Fall Together, Love Explosion) and the drums (December) are great (and while I genuinely dig a handful of tracks including D+D, Slob, Burndt Jamb, Keep Fishin' single version), it's Weezer's most shallow album to date. The lyrics mean absolutely nothing (except maybe for the few boardie-inspired lyrics). Rivers admitted this during that era.  They completely butchered Slave (fantastic melody, terrible final product - see original demo or check out the acoustic cover). Furthermore, the production +mixing is a mess (just listening to the opening of Possibilities makes me cringe).

Again, this is simply my opinion. If you like it, then that's cool. Like I mentioned, there is a lot of stuff here and there that I enjoy, but it's the =W= album I skip the most tracks on, and the =W= album I throw into my cd player the least.

popzoom said:

Wow, I don't know what to say. Bashing Maladroit this hard? Whatever man.

hintofcoolness said:

johnny rockets said:

This x100.

This is not the same brand of "pop" as Buddy Holly as someone said earlier. 

And while I like a few songs from this era (Prettiest Girl, Run Over, Trippin', Don't Wanna Let You Go, I Want You To) the album as a whole is terrible and embarrassing. Let It All Hang Out maybe a fun rocker on the guitar (reminiscent of Green), but the lyrics lack any type of maturity or cleverness. The same goes for I'm Your Daddy, The Girl Got Hot, and Put Me Back Together. And while I'll admit PMBT is a guilty pleasure, in no way do I condone this type of song writing from Weezer (please leave it to The All American Rejects). As for Love Is The Answer, while I can appreciate them going for something "different" this new version was totally unnecessary (except for the bridge which I love in this version) since the original Make Believe version is fine. I still can't believe this, along with In The Mall, made the standard album in place of Prettiest Girl and Run Over. The point is Rivers, and Weezer collectively, have far too much talent and creativity to produce a whole album of shallow Top 40-ready made tracks. Angel, Dreamin, Greatest Man, Pork and Beans, Pig, Spider, Sweeney, and some stuff in Hurley prove this. I'm not trying to bash Weezer or Rivers here but this midlife crisis of an album was a mistake, and comes very close to dethroning Maladroit as this band's worst.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

The first five points that come into my mind on why Raditude sucks:

1) The whole album feels like a knee-jerk reaction by Rivers after awareness of growing irrelevancy. Raditude feels like Rivers' answer to try to avoid musical redundancy. ("If I work with songwriters who have written huge hits for Katy Perry, The Veronicas, Britney Spears, Madonna, Bowling for Soup [etc.] I will be as popular as they are!")

2) Most of the lyrics are vapid and show obvious detachment from the author, in some cases Rivers wasn't even the author (J.D. wrote the lyrics for Can't Stop Partying) and do you think Rivers really felt what he sang in Put Me Back Together? He's a forty year old man that should be singing about themes that aren't f*cking taking your girl out to ice-cream (he should be singing stuff like The Angel and the One + Pig), yet you guys still think it's the most sincere stuff out. It 100% sounds like an All American Rejects song, not a Weezer song (I guess it helps that the All American Rejects co-wrote the song!).

3) Bland, uninspired, predictable song directions. There ain't any Paperface/Hot Tub-esque, left field bridges here folks!

4) "Hi, my name is Rivers Cuomo, my favourite band is Weezer and my favourite album is Raditude" + Wuggies + Sydney + the name "Raditude". Don't need to elaborate on this.

5) Horrible mixed + overproduced. Where was the Weezer that fought for good mixing for the Red album?

The Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World, Run Over By a Truck, I Don't Want to Let You Go and Trippin' Down the Freeway are the sole standouts of the album for me. Incidentally, they are the only tracks not to have co-write credits and all of them were written before The Red Album dropped, proving just how bad 2009 was for Weezer.

i really like it i think it was a amazing album
Its not Weezer at their best, but there are songs which are really good (Put me back together, i want you to and trippin down the freeway to name a few). It is far better than Maladroit and is probably better than Red IMO
I actually really enjoyed this album cause it just shows what can't weezer do!
It definitely shows what they can't do alright.

Ashley Lovato said:
I actually really enjoyed this album cause it just shows what can't weezer do!

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video