Okay, what is the deal with this album? Why does everyone hate it? Am I the only one who appreciates the rockin' riff of "Let It All Hang Out", the cool beat and lyrics of "Trippin' Down The Freeway", the awesome buildup and heart-filled lyrics of "Put Me Back Together", the great tune of "The Girl Got Hot", and the classic "I Want You To"? Why all the hate? Please give me specific reasons, not "this album is a piece of s***". Please explain. Thanks, and I don't care if you guys hate it, just wondering why.

 

For the few who like this album, what is your favorite song? Mine is "Put Me Back Together"

Views: 60

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I was waitingfor someone to mention that, I just didn't really care to correct him.

Some people do make mistakes, unlike you, Kittens.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:

alumb.

The dreWid said:
I like it, but it's still the worst weezer alumb. 

I would guess most people don't like it because of "can't stop partying". I love "let it all hang out", "put me back together" is a traditional weezer song. I will be condemed for this, but "I want you to" is probally the best opening song on an album of weezer's, and I love "tired of sex" and "my name is jonas". The only song I have a problem with is "Love is the answer", it's the only weezer song I skip.

Yes! I agree


Scott Alan Perkins said:

I would guess most people don't like it because of "can't stop partying". I love "let it all hang out", "put me back together" is a traditional weezer song. I will be condemed for this, but "I want you to" is probally the best opening song on an album of weezer's, and I love "tired of sex" and "my name is jonas". The only song I have a problem with is "Love is the answer", it's the only weezer song I skip.


I agree with that. Some of the songs are a little pop-sounding, but then again so is "Buddy Holly".
SubwayWolf said:

I like it, but it's not my favorite. It dissapoints me how far off the album is from the early Weezer stuff, but I don't think any of the songs on there are bad enough to label the album as "sh*t" (except for Can't Stop Partying - I HATE that song). The clever lyrics in each song are my favorite part of the album.

I think people may hate the album because of how far away it is from the early Weezer stuff. Some of the songs are a little Pop-sounding (I'm Your Daddy as a prime example) and I don't think people appreciate that. I myself like the other Weezer albums better than Raditude, but I don't think Raditude is as awful as people say so. 

 

"Put Me Back Together" and "The Underdogs" are tied for first!

Well there are a lot less Raditude haters on this thread than I thought so that makes me happy. Maybe it just seems like everyone hates it because the haters post so much about hating it.
I haven't 

Jordan said:
Indeed, I've been liking it more and more lately.

Dylan Avnet said:
 I think Can't Stop Partying is super underrated too.
Ahh. You picked up on my joke. 

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:
alumb.

The dreWid said:
I like it, but it's still the worst weezer alumb. 
It wasn't a mistake. I did it on purpose because I saw it misspelled like that a couple times lol

Jordan said:

I was waitingfor someone to mention that, I just didn't really care to correct him.

Some people do make mistakes, unlike you, Kittens.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:

alumb.

The dreWid said:
I like it, but it's still the worst weezer alumb. 

I actually really like Raditude, even though I guess it's the least Weezer-ish album they're always the songs that make me get up and dance or whatnot.  My favorite song would have to be I Want You To but I love love love Trippin Down the Freeway too :)

 

I don't get what people dislike so much about Can't Stop Partying...I mean yeah it's not El Scorcho or anything but I think it's still a good song!

I agree. I understand why people hate it though. It's definitely not my favorite album by Weezer, but it's fun and always puts me in a good mood. I'd say my favorite song on the album is either "Let It All Hang Out" or "I Don't Wanna Let You Go".

 

Although, the album did have it's definite duds, as most Post-Pinkerton does ("Love Is The Answer," "In The Mall").

I will admit, I do like some of the songs (ie. I Want You To, Put Me Back Together) but I can't stand Can't Stop Partying.  The version of I Don't Wanna Let You Go on Raditude was butchered, as the vocals aren't as emotional as in the Alone II version.

It's a great pop album.

Should've done way better on the charts.

 

Weezer need better promotion.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video