possible wedding proposal at NYC pinkerton show this saturday

would it be lame or awesome to pop question during El Scorcho and would it be lamer or awesomer if it was acknowledged with an onstage shout-out by band?

I would like to do this for my lovely saint of girlfriend.

if answer is "awesome," how do i contact rivers and co.?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cool idea!  maybe a note including the lyric "I think i'd be good for you and you'd be good for me"

placemats said:

I agree with Hayley on the ifs and loudness factor.  You don't want to shout your proposal and have her say huh or what.  But if you are keen on proposing during the actual song, proposals can also be carried out in an "unspoken" manner.  Here is an idea.  Take her hand at the beginning of the song then give her a kiss.  Get down on one knee and pull out the custom made ring box(and gawd, I hope you do have a ring) you had made for her.  It has a heart or something like that on the outside, with a special inscription on the inside that says marry me? or love me forever...something like that.  Now, open the ring box and viola, you've just proposed without saying a word.  She'll either be completely floored or just plain pissed that you distracted her from the show. But really, before you do any type of public proposal, you have to be sure that your girl would want something flashy like that. Personally, it's not for me. But I would love to watch it happen to someone else. Love...sigh.

Hayley [Weezer_Child] said:

Bands get tons of requests like this all the time and it's hard to honor 'em (especially if they have a tight show schedule). You could always try searching for an email or phone number or something like that to get in touch with the band or their mgmt but it could be tough.

If your girlfriend is a HUGE =w= fan, and if El Scorcho is THE song, totally go for it. It might be hard to pop the question before the song since venues can be LOUD and there may not be much time between songs, but go with your gut, dude and good luck :)

now we must know what you did!

hintofcoolness said:

all that matters is that whatever you do can't beat the sweetness and creativity of my wedding proposal, so go for it

Glad you liked it.  Fingers crossed for the big day.  Let us know how it turns out.

grunge legdrop said:

cool idea!  maybe a note including the lyric "I think i'd be good for you and you'd be good for me"

placemats said:

I agree with Hayley on the ifs and loudness factor.  You don't want to shout your proposal and have her say huh or what.  But if you are keen on proposing during the actual song, proposals can also be carried out in an "unspoken" manner.  Here is an idea.  Take her hand at the beginning of the song then give her a kiss.  Get down on one knee and pull out the custom made ring box(and gawd, I hope you do have a ring) you had made for her.  It has a heart or something like that on the outside, with a special inscription on the inside that says marry me? or love me forever...something like that.  Now, open the ring box and viola, you've just proposed without saying a word.  She'll either be completely floored or just plain pissed that you distracted her from the show. But really, before you do any type of public proposal, you have to be sure that your girl would want something flashy like that. Personally, it's not for me. But I would love to watch it happen to someone else. Love...sigh.

Hayley [Weezer_Child] said:

Bands get tons of requests like this all the time and it's hard to honor 'em (especially if they have a tight show schedule). You could always try searching for an email or phone number or something like that to get in touch with the band or their mgmt but it could be tough.

If your girlfriend is a HUGE =w= fan, and if El Scorcho is THE song, totally go for it. It might be hard to pop the question before the song since venues can be LOUD and there may not be much time between songs, but go with your gut, dude and good luck :)

oh, I know what he did;)

grunge legdrop said:

now we must know what you did!

hintofcoolness said:

all that matters is that whatever you do can't beat the sweetness and creativity of my wedding proposal, so go for it

Very funny Romeo.

☺♥ kïttens ♥☺ said:

i'm pretty sure you should do it during "troublemaker" instead.

specifically the line about marrying a biatch and having seven kiads.

I'd be pissed if someone distracted me during a Weezer concert to propose. hahahha x)

and that'd be HILARIOUS if you did it during Troublemaker xD

Last night was the show. What happened? Did you pop the question? Did she say yes?

My take is that it wld be very cool but I m also 13 years old

I want to know as well.

TheGreatestFanThatEverLived said:

Last night was the show. What happened? Did you pop the question? Did she say yes?

what happened???

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video