possible wedding proposal at NYC pinkerton show this saturday

would it be lame or awesome to pop question during El Scorcho and would it be lamer or awesomer if it was acknowledged with an onstage shout-out by band?

I would like to do this for my lovely saint of girlfriend.

if answer is "awesome," how do i contact rivers and co.?

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's cute depending on how big of a weezer fan she is and how much the band means to your realtionship, but I wouldn't get the band invovled. It would probably upset some fans.

@kittens.  for the most part i agree.  thought maybe that since the crowd wont be paying attention to us during song, it wouldn't be as bad as those jumbo tron ones.  +plus+ public rejections are always funny.

@DanCas. she's a super big fan and el scorcho is especially big for us

but yeah, come to think, no reason to waste band's time or risk public ire.  thanks.

public proposals are definitely lame. and don't ruin everyone's awesome time at the weezer show with your own personal business.  after i proposed to my fiancée i asked her how embarrassed would she have been had i done it in public.  i knew that she would not have liked it, but she said "i would have died, it would have been the worst".  then again, some girls like that kind of thing...if you know your girl well enough to propose to her, i guess you know her well enough to know how to propose to her.  good luck. 

got it. if i do it, it will be very discreet and low key.

Whatever happens... best of luck man. Ill be at the shows Friday and Saturday. Who knows... maybe ill be standin next to you if you pop the question! Haha

Bands get tons of requests like this all the time and it's hard to honor 'em (especially if they have a tight show schedule). You could always try searching for an email or phone number or something like that to get in touch with the band or their mgmt but it could be tough.

If your girlfriend is a HUGE =w= fan, and if El Scorcho is THE song, totally go for it. It might be hard to pop the question before the song since venues can be LOUD and there may not be much time between songs, but go with your gut, dude and good luck :)

how big of a fan can she be if she's not on here?

and if she is a member then isn't the surprise factor gone?

all that matters is that whatever you do can't beat the sweetness and creativity of my wedding proposal, so go for it

I hate public proposals.

If I saw that at a concert and it was announced by the band....  I'd start shouting "BOOOOOOO!!"

for sure.

I agree with Hayley on the ifs and loudness factor.  You don't want to shout your proposal and have her say huh or what.  But if you are keen on proposing during the actual song, proposals can also be carried out in an "unspoken" manner.  Here is an idea.  Take her hand at the beginning of the song then give her a kiss.  Get down on one knee and pull out the custom made ring box(and gawd, I hope you do have a ring) you had made for her.  It has a heart or something like that on the outside, with a special inscription on the inside that says marry me? or love me forever...something like that.  Now, open the ring box and viola, you've just proposed without saying a word.  She'll either be completely floored or just plain pissed that you distracted her from the show. But really, before you do any type of public proposal, you have to be sure that your girl would want something flashy like that. Personally, it's not for me. But I would love to watch it happen to someone else. Love...sigh.

Hayley [Weezer_Child] said:

Bands get tons of requests like this all the time and it's hard to honor 'em (especially if they have a tight show schedule). You could always try searching for an email or phone number or something like that to get in touch with the band or their mgmt but it could be tough.

If your girlfriend is a HUGE =w= fan, and if El Scorcho is THE song, totally go for it. It might be hard to pop the question before the song since venues can be LOUD and there may not be much time between songs, but go with your gut, dude and good luck :)

C'mon ladies man. Give the guy some tips already.

hintofcoolness said:

all that matters is that whatever you do can't beat the sweetness and creativity of my wedding proposal, so go for it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video