Scott has been with the band for around 10 years and 6 albums.  Every other thread on here is "matt sharp is awesome".   Yes the Blue Album was perfect.  I don't like Pinkerton as much as everyone else seems to but to each his own.  If I were Scott I would take the money I've made and tell fans to get bent.  If people continue to rag on him in lieu of a former member who knows maybe he will do just that and front a second rate band also.  Scott, you have been a great weezer contributer and you deserve credit where credit is due.  Keep doing what you do.

Thanks for 10 great years.

Brandon

Views: 323

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

In all Honesty Scott is the one of the only reasons why I still listen to Weezer, this band would be really boring without him. He really did put the "Rock" back in Weezer. Memories tour he was just as much of a stage presence as Rivers was, basically any cover you hear them play is practically his idea. The past few tours we got Black Sabbath and white strips covers, I would bet any amount he pushed those out of weezer. His sense of Rock and Metal music is staggering. On top of everything he is just a grade A person, loving every fan to his wife and kid. Keep it going weezer and play King a few more times!
In all Honesty Scott is the one of the only reasons why I still listen to Weezer, this band would be really boring without him. He really did put the "Rock" back in Weezer. Memories tour he was just as much of a stage presence as Rivers was, basically any cover you hear them play is practically his idea. The past few tours we got Black Sabbath and white strips covers, I would bet any amount he pushed those out of weezer. His sense of Rock and Metal music is staggering. On top of everything he is just a grade A person, loving every fan to his wife and kid. Keep it going weezer and play King a few more times! 

"Please support Scott..." you mean, like, financially? Does he need money?

that state farm insurance money didn't go as far as they'd hoped.

:(

At least he's got that sweet new life insurance policy for when he crashes into a telephone pole while driving drunk, smoking crack, and blowing lines of cocaine off of a hooker's stomach!

Scott is great, I think he really adds something different to Weezer. You have all these nerds, then this Bull totally rocking out on bass :D Its a cool image.

Scott is the man.
I'm glad to see some people chiming in. Just in case Karl or someone ever skims the thread titles I'm sure seeing "Come back Matt" every other one gets old. Keep rocking Weezer, all 4 of you.
So does only playing bass for a band make him a bad bassist?

Dorian Zelaya said:
but scott doesnt do any thing for the band besides play bass for the trillionth time,im not gonna get into another one of these argument so i wont be repying after this

Brandon said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
MATT MATT!!
Obviously we are all entitled to our own opinions I just think singling out one member constantly wanting someone else is unfair and insulting. I'm sure the rentals are a good watch but my personal feeling is to support the man who has held that post now for longer than anyone else.

Rae said:
So does only playing bass for a band make him a bad bassist?

Dorian Zelaya said:
but scott doesnt do any thing for the band besides play bass for the trillionth time,im not gonna get into another one of these argument so i wont be repying after this

Brandon said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
MATT MATT!!
Obviously we are all entitled to our own opinions I just think singling out one member constantly wanting someone else is unfair and insulting. I'm sure the rentals are a good watch but my personal feeling is to support the man who has held that post now for longer than anyone else.

I thought that too but just kind of ignored the logic. All 3 base players are good I'm not saying they aren't. Like I said if I were Scott constantly seeing people ignore my decade of effort would make me say bite me to those people. I would like to see this line-up churn out albums for another decade. Hardly any band makes an album like blue these days with 10 solid songs but the 3 gold ones that do show up on each album are worth the rest. Keep it up guys.

ѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾ said:
Nobody held a gun to your head and made you read. So sorry to inconvenience you (sarcasm) by showing support for a good musician. Just click "stop following" and you won't be bothered. Thanks again Scott just wanted you to know some people support you and aren't just whiny Internet tools. In the next week at least 14 more "matt is great" threads will be here just wanted one showing support for Mr. Shriner.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video