Scott has been with the band for around 10 years and 6 albums.  Every other thread on here is "matt sharp is awesome".   Yes the Blue Album was perfect.  I don't like Pinkerton as much as everyone else seems to but to each his own.  If I were Scott I would take the money I've made and tell fans to get bent.  If people continue to rag on him in lieu of a former member who knows maybe he will do just that and front a second rate band also.  Scott, you have been a great weezer contributer and you deserve credit where credit is due.  Keep doing what you do.

Thanks for 10 great years.

Brandon

Views: 323

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

lol. Good one. Like Scott's gonna read this and care. I get it.

Brandon said:

Thanks again Scott just wanted you to know some people support you and aren't just whiny Internet tools.

ѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾ said:
lol. Good one. Like Scott's gonna read this and care. I get it.

Brandon said:

Thanks again Scott just wanted you to know some people support you and aren't just whiny Internet tools.

Hey look at that a good faith show of support from supposed weezer fans on the Internet broke down into people throwing insults and whining never saw that coming! How original! I guess it is ridiculous to think that just through general word of mouth from active participants like Rivers, Karl, fan club members, etc. that eventually word might trickle down that somebody thinks he's good. But keep throwing stones man if that makes you feel better about yourself. It is helpful to everyone here.

you're exaggerating somewhat. there's one active matt sharp thread and one thread asking what matt sharp and jason cropper are up to these days. that's hardly overkill. generally speaking, scott gets plenty of love around here (and rightly so), even on the matt sharp thread itself.

i'm all for a scott appreciation thread but, c'mon - let's keep a sense of perspective. the majority of people here can appreciate what each of the bassists has contributed to weezer over the years.

Brandon said:

In the next week at least 14 more "matt is great" threads will be here just wanted one showing support for Mr. Shriner.

berry rydell said:

you're exaggerating somewhat. there's one active matt sharp thread and one thread asking what matt sharp and jason cropper are up to these days. that's hardly overkill. generally speaking, scott gets plenty of love around here (and rightly so), even on the matt sharp thread itself.

i'm all for a scott appreciation thread but, c'mon - let's keep a sense of perspective. the majority of people here can appreciate what each of the bassists has contributed to weezer over the years.

Brandon said:

Of course I'm exaggerating that's the point, just to show how many repeated things there are. And yes there may only be 2 matt ones currently but in the last 6 months I've seen a dozen others. Many replies to each do support Scott but the title of most of them support Matt and that's what people see when skimming thread titles. People are free to ignore whatever threads they want so I don't feel that I'm forcing anyone to share my opinion against their will I just wanted a place for others to have a common interest. Sorry to force logic on others. I'll just buy their CD's and tickets since I can't apparently show support any other way without being chastised.
In the next week at least 14 more "matt is great" threads will be here just wanted one showing support for Mr. Shriner.

no-one's suggesting that you're forcing your opinion (or "logic") on anyone but this is a forum for discussion so people ARE going to comment on the topics that are made, whether they do so in a way that is in keeping with the spirit of the thread or otherwise. telling people not to post if they don't agree is not a useful way to proceed and is particularly redundant in this thread as no-one is actually disagreeing with you, rather just questioning your perception.

you're certainly not being chastised for this thread but - seriously - there's no lack of scott support around here and that is true no matter how many matt sharp threads there are.

Brandon said:

berry rydell said:

Brandon said:

Of course I'm exaggerating that's the point, just to show how many repeated things there are. And yes there may only be 2 matt ones currently but in the last 6 months I've seen a dozen others. Many replies to each do support Scott but the title of most of them support Matt and that's what people see when skimming thread titles. People are free to ignore whatever threads they want so I don't feel that I'm forcing anyone to share my opinion against their will I just wanted a place for others to have a common interest. Sorry to force logic on others. I'll just buy their CD's and tickets since I can't apparently show support any other way without being chastised.

Listen to Berry, she knows what she's talking about. And learn how to correctly use the 'quote' feature on this forum, please. It's very simple and it makes it much easier to decipher what you are trying to say.

I personally haven't been reading your past few posts because your new text is hidden somewhere within the quoted text and it is simply too much effort to figure out considering my lack of interest.

berry rydell said:

no-one's suggesting that you're forcing your opinion (or "logic") on anyone but this is a forum for discussion so people ARE going to comment on the topics that are made, whether they do so in a way that is in keeping with the spirit of the thread or otherwise. telling people not to post if they don't agree is not a useful way to proceed and is particularly redundant in this thread as no-one is actually disagreeing with you, rather just questioning your perception.

you're certainly not being chastised for this thread but - seriously - there's no lack of scott support around here and that is true no matter how many matt sharp threads there are.

Brandon said:

berry rydell said:

Brandon said:

Matt didn't do anything for the band except play bass either. 

Dorian Zelaya said:
but scott doesnt do any thing for the band besides play bass for the trillionth time,im not gonna get into another one of these argument so i wont be repying after this

Brandon said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
MATT MATT!!
Obviously we are all entitled to our own opinions I just think singling out one member constantly wanting someone else is unfair and insulting. I'm sure the rentals are a good watch but my personal feeling is to support the man who has held that post now for longer than anyone else.
Yeah, I hated the backing vocals on the first 2 records too.

The dreWid said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
but scott doesnt do any thing for the band besides play bass for the trillionth time,im not gonna get into another one of these argument so i wont be repying after this

Brandon said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
MATT MATT!!
Obviously we are all entitled to our own opinions I just think singling out one member constantly wanting someone else is unfair and insulting. I'm sure the rentals are a good watch but my personal feeling is to support the man who has held that post now for longer than anyone else.
The backing vocals on the first two records arent what made them Weezer's best.

And to be honest i dont really care about scott, mikey or matt. IMO None made a HUGE difference on Weezer really

ѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾ said:

The dreWid said:

Dorian Zelaya said:

Brandon said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
MATT MATT!!

Indiekid said:
The backing vocals on the first two records arent what made them Weezer's best.

And to be honest i dont really care about scott, mikey or matt. IMO None made a HUGE difference on Weezer really

ѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾ said:

The dreWid said:

Dorian Zelaya said:

Brandon said:

Dorian Zelaya said:
MATT MATT!!
I love how when people run out of things to say they flex their internet muscles and say how it's too hard to read stuff and grammar makes it too difficult to interpret.  If your level of interest was as low as you say then you wouldn't still be replying.  But keep giving the lessons it reminds me to enjoy my life and not turn into a whiny loser. 

ѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾѾ said:

Listen to Berry, she knows what she's talking about. And learn how to correctly use the 'quote' feature on this forum, please. It's very simple and it makes it much easier to decipher what you are trying to say.

I personally haven't been reading your past few posts because your new text is hidden somewhere within the quoted text and it is simply too much effort to figure out considering my lack of interest.

berry rydell said:

Brandon said:

berry rydell said:

Brandon said:

if you rearrange the letters in 'devastatingly awesome' 

you can spell 'scott shriner'

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video