Did anyone else get Pinkerton Diaries today? It's waiting for me at home and I cannot wait to be done with work and go open it!!!

Tags: diaries, pinkerton

Views: 6202

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I really hope there comes a full version of SFTBH

Thanks for your thoughts Daniel, really apreciated. 

btw You list Tragic Girl as a SFTBH song? Is it a SFTBH song?

I got it today!!!! I only glanced at it but my favorite part was the picture at Hurricane Utah! Go Southern Utah!

The only thing I am confused about in SFTBH is who is Jo-Jo? I thought there was just Jonas, Wuan, Dondo, M1, Laurel, and Maria.

Okay - I am completely in love with pages 134 and 135! Sooo neat!!

The book is amazing, we all know that, but what do you guys think about the CD?

Lisa is definitely the best song. I've accepted the fact that it's pretty much a bunch of songlets with some full songs thrown in, and I think for a bunch of demos it's pretty good.

PUPPIES! said:

The book is amazing, we all know that, but what do you guys think about the CD?

Why depressed? I know there were down parts, but overall I didn't end it feeling depressed. Or did you mean you were depressed that you were done with it already? Post-read letdown like after the holidays?

Gohi said:

Reading the book all in one sitting definitely made me super depressed last night. Still how freaking amazing.

Well, it's a very negative and pessimistic book, particularly in analysis of the Pinkerton album and its "failures." Also, Rivers' writing style is incredibly cynical (but also really great).

(to be fair, I also read Wuthering Heights afterward but it mostly came from PD)

i agree. it's depressing to read how someone so brilliant is vexed by his creations.  he spent 12 hours a day working on sftbh.  and all that time he was worrying if he would even like it.  it's sad to know that rivers felt so much frustration not just from his self-perceived failures but his successes as well.  much of the book is about his painful leg operation and the "failure" of pinkerton.  not really a happy story. 

however, it's nice to know that he's moved on from graphing his levels of suffering in a diary and seems to have a happy life now. 

I am more and more impressed with his lyrics as I read this. Being able to see how songs came together and the notes and everything is just amazing.

Your comments about the book are making me feel so miserable for not having it in my hands to read it, does it include details on how was everything while in Harvard??  I want to know more about the story behind El Scorcho, Pink Triangle and Falling for You...

Avery Doll said:

I am more and more impressed with his lyrics as I read this. Being able to see how songs came together and the notes and everything is just amazing.

In the Pinkerton Diaries... in the script for SFTBH it's listed as part of it, but the lyrics are different.  In the PD, there's a lot of different versions of TG with many different lyrics.

Jens Van Avondt said:

Yeah, I really hope there comes a full version of SFTBH

Thanks for your thoughts Daniel, really apreciated. 

btw You list Tragic Girl as a SFTBH song? Is it a SFTBH song?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video