Did anyone else get Pinkerton Diaries today? It's waiting for me at home and I cannot wait to be done with work and go open it!!!

Tags: diaries, pinkerton

Views: 6201

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was order number 408, and I got the email notification yesterday!  Can't wait for mine to arrive....no way in heck I would listen to a leak without having the book with me too.  if there is any type of release where the 'booklet' and liners are just as important as the music, then this is it (for me at least). 

i'm not against leaks.  but i do wish everyone who cares enough to listen to alone3 could just buy it.  the reason for that is that i see it as the only sure-fire way of getting future releases from rivers.  at the end of the day i just want to keep hearing some of this older material and supporting him as an artist seems the best way of doing it.  anyways, i also know its not always possible to lay down the cash, especially at the price point that alone3 is at. a lot of rivers fans are college students without the funds, and i was in that position before. 

i guess i just think that if everyone who wanted to listen to alone3 bought it, perhaps we'd see alone4 a lot quicker. 

super stoked!

^ smart post

i got my copy.  my order number was 271 but got poster number 360 and my book is number 377 of 3000.  i thought the cd was going to be separate but was included in the back of the book.  book is bigger than i thought it was going to be also. 

going through my first listen.  it's great!

I totally agree with Bill :) sorry to everyone who was upset I didn't leak it!

it's ok. Already out there. Someone who didn't have the brain of a 12 year old did it.

At least someone could upload a couple of tunes to youtube so we can have a listen without downloading the thing, and also I hope someone writes a review about the book, I'm looking forward to get the book/cd but the international shipping is too high, and right now I don't have the money...

Sorry Aaron, I guess when you were figuring out how to illegally share music I was too busy going to concerts and having a good time. My loss :)

Pfff? Uhh, what?

the book is definitely worth the price if you're a serious pinkerton/sftbh fan.  it has a lot of detail about sftbh.  you get to see his progression of developing the story and character creation.  a lot of ideas crossed out that you can still read and stuff.  he was very meticulous about the settings of the black h***, changing the year and locations multiple times.  on the other hand, i felt a little guilty reading much of the diary part because it seems a little too personal.  i praise rivers for having the guts to publish these very personal writings.  he's a good writer and conveys the pain and loneliness he felt very well.

the album isn't that great.  half the songs are more like songlets.  only around a minute or less.  album is only 40 minutes long  but still a few treasures in there.  the book definitely makes the songs feel more meaningful though. 

I'm disappointed in all of the people who have it now. Why haven't you updated weezerpedia with song lyric/info?!?!?

not all of us have $100 to throw down on a cd.  I could care less about the book

Bill said:

I was order number 408, and I got the email notification yesterday!  Can't wait for mine to arrive....no way in heck I would listen to a leak without having the book with me too.  if there is any type of release where the 'booklet' and liners are just as important as the music, then this is it (for me at least). 

i'm not against leaks.  but i do wish everyone who cares enough to listen to alone3 could just buy it.  the reason for that is that i see it as the only sure-fire way of getting future releases from rivers.  at the end of the day i just want to keep hearing some of this older material and supporting him as an artist seems the best way of doing it.  anyways, i also know its not always possible to lay down the cash, especially at the price point that alone3 is at. a lot of rivers fans are college students without the funds, and i was in that position before. 

i guess i just think that if everyone who wanted to listen to alone3 bought it, perhaps we'd see alone4 a lot quicker. 

super stoked!

How to Act Like a Grown-Up by Aaron Hansen

Step 1: Hangout in your basement and troll Weezer.com all day.

Step 2: Insult random strangers on the internet

Step 3: use insults like "stupid" and "12-year-old-girl"  (limited vocabulary is key)

Hoping that if I follow his lead, I can someday be as amazing as Aaron Hanson.

Aaron Hansen said:

it's ok. Already out there. Someone who didn't have the brain of a 12 year old did it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video