17.   Across The Sea Piano Noodles*
18.   The Good Life (Rough Take)*
19.   Falling For You (Rough Take)*
20.   I Swear It’s True (Rough Take)*
21.   Getting Up And Leaving (Rough Take)*
22.   Butterfly (Alternate Take)*

* Previously Unreleased

LOGOS: DGC, UMe, FBI Warning

(p)© 2009 Geffen Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc., 2220 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404 – USA. Distributed by Universal Music Distribution. All rights reserved. B0012913-02

UPC: 0-06025-2704256-5

thanks a bunch cuomo.... oh wait.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While I am pleased with the released album and glad to have anything else from the Pinkerton era I do find it strange that the full band versions of Blast Off, She Had A Girl and Dude We're Finally Landing were left off. I mean, when else will they have such a perfect chance to be put out? Although, one could make the argument that they were a part of SFTBH and not really Pinkerton related but that would make You Won't Get With Me Tonight a weird inclusion for the project…
I mean I'm actually not too interested in most of the material that didn't make Maladroit, but We Go Together and So Low are just classic. The era I'm most interested in is the Red era / Deliverance At Hand demos. What an amazing time for Rivers' songwriting.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
hopefully they will make a "Maladroit 2" and an "Album 5". The first with all the unused Maladroit demos and then the 2nd with all the material they recorded shortly after Maladroit came out (with the piano)

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
I posted this on allthingsweezer.com

My intention wasn't to use it to badmouth Rivers Cuomo or Karl. I just thought it was interesting to see how much the tracklist had changed since this was compiled which was around May of 2010 from what my contact told me.

I'm just happy that we got Tragic Girl, I Swear It's True, Getting Up and Leaving and Longtime Sunshine. If we had lost any of those then I'd be pissed.

Pinkerton: Deluxe still gave me way more joy than Death To False Metal. I can't believe that Death To False Metal is really made up of the best unreleased Weezer tracks after hearing "So Low," "We Go Together," "You're The One (sample)." Those songs give me more shivers than anything on DTFM.
I'm going to be an ass and say it: We get a shitload of amazing goodies yesterday (great songs, great packages) and all that Weezer fans can do is complain. It's like 2001-2002 all over again.
No kidding. Some people will never be happy. Getting new Weez in the mail makes my day, I save my complaining for crap like laundry, my endless to-do list etc...I just hope Weezer realizes that for all the complainers there are throngs of happy, satisfied fans who very much look forward to new music and tourdates. I guess we're just usually less vocal about it :/

Justin Hoenke [honkey doorie] said:
I'm going to be an ass and say it: We get a shitload of amazing goodies yesterday (great songs, great packages) and all that Weezer fans can do is complain. It's like 2001-2002 all over again.
Thanks for that Cheryl! It's never gonna be perfect. We're never gonna get "FALLING FOR YOU TAKE 18 WHERE BRIAN FARTS" or some odd version like that all in one package. It'll happen...someday. I've longed to hear anything from 1997-1998 since, well I guess 1997-1998 and it paid off! Sure, I don't have "Sunshine (Sludge Version) and I'm still VERY curious about it but I do have Trampoline!

Good things come in time!

oktobermama said:
No kidding. Some people will never be happy. Getting new Weez in the mail makes my day, I save my complaining for crap like laundry, my endless to-do list etc...I just hope Weezer realizes that for all the complainers there are throngs of happy, satisfied fans who very much look forward to new music and tourdates. I guess we're just usually less vocal about it :/

Justin Hoenke [honkey doorie] said:
And seriously, I know of few other bands (or any, really) that are so receptive and open to fans. The release of Pinkerton Deluxe and the Memories Tour are clear examples. With all the complaining that revolves around the Pinkerton Era I'm almost shocked they revisited it at all (but am of course thrilled that they did ;)
QFT!

oktobermama said:
And seriously, I know of few other bands (or any, really) that are so receptive and open to fans. The release of Pinkerton Deluxe and the Memories Tour are clear examples. With all the complaining that revolves around the Pinkerton Era I'm almost shocked they revisited it at all (but am of course thrilled that they did ;)

oktobermama said:

Exactly! I mean, suggestions are okay but first of all, this was released by Geffen so it probably has NOTHING TO DO WITH WEEZER that those tracks weren't included. Plus, it's an amazing tracklisting as is. For years, fans have begged for a deluxe 'Pinkerton' reissue and tour with more 'Weezer (1994)' and 'Pinkerton' songs.

Weezer has given both to us, not to mention all of the SFTBH demos being available in some way, shape or form. Stop complaining. They even went above and beyond by playing their first two albums in their COMPLETE entirety. And I don't like most of the people blaming the band members for things that are management problems, like outside of Karl and Rivers and everyone.
Actually it has everything to do with Weezer because those tracks were chosen by Karl but removed when Rivers got involved in track selection. Not trashing the guy or anything, just saying...
All the griping about what was and wasn't released is age old Weezer fan bs. But what *I* am more irritated about is that they used the hard, plastic nubs to hold the discs. That's the kind that will crack a disc when it gets older, and nuts to that! I hate having cracked spinners.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video