Available from here: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3902145

I posted this yesterday, then the boards completely reset, so I'll repost it for the benefit of others!

The package contains three SHM-CDs, which are supposedly of a higher quality, and are quite popular in Japan.  Blu-spec CDs are higher though, but this isn't what we're getting here.

Disc 1 contains remasters.

Disc 2 contains 'demos' and 'alternate versions' of other tracks.  The total amount of tracks between disc 1 and disc 2 is mentioned as 40 tracks!  This could easily be incorrect, but who knows at this point.

Disc 3 is exclusive to this Japanese release, and features the live audio from their performance at the Reading Festival, circa 1996.  Seems to suggest its from the BBC recording.  The third disc consists of ten tracks.

This is schedueled for a November 3 release in Japan.

Any else able to read more into this?

Tags: Deluxe, Japanese, Pinkerton

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where is the info about the Reading Festival from?
"アルバム未収録、レディング・フェスティバル1996(英BBC)を初めとするライヴ音源"

The basic gist of this line is Reading Festival 1996, live album. Beyond that I can't make out much more.
When will this be available?
this is good news. seems to suggest the tracklist will differ from what the site says now.
I asked today at my local record shop. the guy didn't know しt...

I will try to buy it on nov.3 and i'll see what i get.
looks like this won't come out nov. 3, but rather the 17th. I think i'm going to hold off and buy this one. I will check on the 3rd though.

Dungeon Master said:
I asked today at my local record shop. the guy didn't know しt...

I will try to buy it on nov.3 and i'll see what i get.
The site now confirms that the third disc has been scrapped altogether, so you may as well just pick up any old edition.
i'm not so sure.... they will surprise you from time to time...

Bad Finger Boogie said:
The site now confirms that the third disc has been scrapped altogether, so you may as well just pick up any old edition.
too bad I don't have an SHM player.
SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players.

OnlyinPinkerton said:
too bad I don't have an SHM player.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service