Who is the girl Rivers sings about?Is it his wife? I know they meant around that time.Does anyone have Pinkerton Deluxe ?If you dont buy it! What the best song on Pinkerton?

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No idea.  Not his wife.  They met quite a few years after that time.  I do.  Falling For You.

You might just find out about all of this stuff in the Pinkerton Diaries when it's released this month.

Deluxe is in the mail! I should have it next Saturday. As for the girl, I know it's not his wife. Across the Sea (which is my favorite) is about some random Japanese girl that he never knew that sent him a letter (he fell in love with her, even though he didn't know anything about her). Pink Triangle is about a girl he had a crush on at Harvard, who turned out to be a lesbian. That's all I know for now.

*I learned all of this on Weezerpedia.com

Points for the Weezerpedia plug.

Jordan said:

Deluxe is in the mail! I should have it next Saturday. As for the girl, I know it's not his wife. Across the Sea (which is my favorite) is about some random Japanese girl that he never knew that sent him a letter (he fell in love with her, even though he didn't know anything about her). Pink Triangle is about a girl he had a crush on at Harvard, who turned out to be a lesbian. That's all I know for now.

*I learned all of this on Weezerpedia.com

A lot of info can be found in the Alone and Alone 2 booklets
Both of those in the mail as well!

Stefan said:
A lot of info can be found in the Alone and Alone 2 booklets
Favorite song off the album? Mine right now is The Good Life.
Hopefully we'll find out in the Pinkerton Diaries, as far as Best Song, it all depends on your mood, there all very emotional songs and the best song depends on how much you can relate be it El Scorcho or Why Bother or any others...
Mine too!  But I think all the songs are good.  It's a perfect album in my mind.  The Good life is my favorite though.  I'm also really feeling Falling For You right now. 

Stefan P'Pool JR said:
Favorite song off the album? Mine right now is The Good Life.

Tragic Girl is so painful it makes me wanna cry.

Different girls. Yeah, I got Pinkerton Deluxe for Christmas! :D
Favorite song... Hmm... It depends on my emotion. I'm really liking Across The Sea at the moment.
across the sea

actually the girl that Pink Triangle was written about wasn't a lesbian, she wore the pink triangle to show support for homosexuality, which Rivers found out a few years later, i'm not sure where i read that, but I think it was in some interview i read one night i couldn't fall asleep

And my favourite song off Pinkerton has to be Butterfly or Why Bother?, so hard to pick lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video