I was recently diagnosed with IT Band Syndrome in my knee (a.k.a. "Runner's Knee") and I have to have six weeks of physical therapy. While I'm relieved that I most likely won't need knee surgery, I'm skeptical that a few weeks of electrode therapy and simple stretches will correct an injury that I've struggled with for several years now.

Anyone ever had to have physical therapy for an injury before? Did it work?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes and yes. I had major ankle surgery when I lost my ability to walk. After about 6 months, I was up and walking.

I fell off my roof last year and went through 2 months of chiropractor visits recently.  I went 3 days a week, for 8 weeks.  My back is all straight now.

 

I had simple exercises to do at home, and had to ice my back 3 times a day.

I never had a physical problem. I am a safe person. 
Why do you insist on respondIng to every thread with completely useless and irrelevant comments?

Farkas said:
I never had a physical problem. I am a safe person. 

Because Farkas is an irrelevant person.

 

And you should be fine with the therapy. Let me know how it works. I have to have my knee checked out as well.

suz{ANNE} said:

Why do you insist on respondIng to every thread with completely useless and irrelevant comments?

Farkas said:
I never had a physical problem. I am a safe person. 
Thank you.

Aegeantyphoon said:

Because Farkas is an irrelevant person.

 

And you should be fine with the therapy. Let me know how it works. I have to have my knee checked out as well.

suz{ANNE} said:

Why do you insist on respondIng to every thread with completely useless and irrelevant comments?

Farkas said:
I never had a physical problem. I am a safe person. 

I'm an occupational therapist (related profession)...so I can tell you that physical therapy works if you have a great therapist. Also, you have to do your part and do the excercises they give you to do at home. Also, make sure they give you 1:1 time and not just stick you with a machine and move on to someone else during your 30 or 45 min session...that's just bad practice. I am assuming they are using Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation  or something similar which is for pain management....it works for many people but not all...and I'm not sure about the long term effects...meaning I don't know if it will fix your problem. I think the stretching/exercise is most important. Ask your therapist if he knows about kinesio taping for proper positioning and pain management. Other options are cortisone shots and surgery, but you would probably want to try the PT first..... Can't give you any more info as I don't work with physical disabilities/rehab....but I hope this was helpful

Thanks, that was definitely helpful. I'm religious about doing the stretches my therapist gave me, and also taking Ibuprofin to prevent inflammation. I'm just crossing my fingers that this helps because I hate not being able to exercise.



Natkat128 said:

I'm an occupational therapist (related profession)...so I can tell you that physical therapy works if you have a great therapist. Also, you have to do your part and do the excercises they give you to do at home. Also, make sure they give you 1:1 time and not just stick you with a machine and move on to someone else during your 30 or 45 min session...that's just bad practice. I am assuming they are using Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation  or something similar which is for pain management....it works for many people but not all...and I'm not sure about the long term effects...meaning I don't know if it will fix your problem. I think the stretching/exercise is most important. Ask your therapist if he knows about kinesio taping for proper positioning and pain management. Other options are cortisone shots and surgery, but you would probably want to try the PT first..... Can't give you any more info as I don't work with physical disabilities/rehab....but I hope this was helpful

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video