Anyone else enjoy photography as a hobby? Here are a few of my recent shots:

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kind of image overload here, but I love taking pictures. :)

Thanks for the camera advice, peoples!

Anne, that last pic is adorable. Cuteness-overload.

It's so true! The lure of taking pics on my phone to instantly upload and share somewhere in the world has left me lazy to reach for my camera. I do try to take out a camera when at destinations though. I don't have anything fancy...just a relatively good pocket-size point and shoot--Canon PowerShot Elph 310HS-- this little guy is *great* for low light situations (concerts anyone =D) and it has 8x optical zoom instead of just digital zoom which is pretty good for something so small.

This was on camera (Inside Duomo at Pisa, Italy)

On camera also (on some fancy "vivid" setting so colors are a bit saturated, Tulum ruins from the Weezer Cruise excursion day =D!)

These next 2 are on the camera phone, which was pretty impressive considering

(Mono Lake, CA)

(Yosemite Nat'l Park)

Tanya Michelle Pongracz said:

Amazing stuff! 

I should really start using my good camera instead of my cell cam. Lol!

Luigi said:

im trying to get back into it....but have not taken any photos lately that would be worth showing...these are from a few years ago

Agreed =)

hintofcoolness said:

Anne, that last pic is adorable. Cuteness-overload.

Here are a few of mine... hope y'll don't mind me sharing :)

A local band I photographed last month

I take pictures for my church

One of my best friends♥

My niece

Another sunset pic because I LOVE taking sunset pics...

And... a couple of my favorite photos I've ever taken...

I love the one depicting the tree against the dark blue-- the colors remind me of one of Van Gogh's cafe paintings

Also the last one of Rivers & Scott is awesome =)

jKlein said:

Here are a few of mine... hope y'll don't mind me sharing :)

A local band I photographed last month

I take pictures for my church

One of my best friends♥

My niece

Another sunset pic because I LOVE taking sunset pics...

And... a couple of my favorite photos I've ever taken...

i wouldn't really say i did it as a hobby but when there is a opportunity for a nice picture i take one...

© JEdge Photography MMX

With regards to purchasing a camera, it all depends on what you're wanting to use it for. Sony makes some very affordable point and shoot cameras that produce good quality images. As Karl mentioned, the Canon DSLR EOS series is excellent. Of course it can get very pricey if you're looking at buying a range of lenses and accessories. 

You can always hire equipment too. Also, some stores take trade -ins. (That's partly how I afforded my camera). Be wary if you decide to buy on Ebay or 2nd hand. Buy only from reputable sellers. It can cost you more money to send something back to a manufacturer to be repaired, than it would cost to buy brand new.

Of course you can also play around with computer software programs, manipulating an image or set up a darkroom if you're wanting to experiment with film.

I'm still learning how to best use my Canon. It's an exciting camera to work with and I've only explored the most basic of its functions. Here's a photo I took in Portland, Oregon of Brian Bell performing with the Relationship, at the Doug Fir Lounge.

hintofcoolness said:

I'm thinking of investing in a decent, user-friendly camera. What would you recommend?

Luigi said:

im trying to get back into it....but have not taken any photos lately that would be worth showing...these are from a few years ago

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video