Anyone else enjoy photography as a hobby? Here are a few of my recent shots:

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im trying to get back into it....but have not taken any photos lately that would be worth showing...these are from a few years ago

also, this is one of my favorites for some reason

Amazing stuff! 

I should really start using my good camera instead of my cell cam. Lol!

Luigi said:

im trying to get back into it....but have not taken any photos lately that would be worth showing...these are from a few years ago

i like yours too (especially the one with the cat)

id say my photos are 85% due to my having a nice camera.  i don't use photoshop...but a good camera makes all the difference.

Tanya Michelle Pongracz said:

Amazing stuff! 

Luigi said:

Thank you.

I have a professional camera, but I never have it with me. I only crop my pictures. I feel like Photoshop ruins the spontaneity of the picture.

Luigi said:

i like yours too (especially the one with the cat)

id say my photos are 85% due to my having a nice camera.  i don't use photoshop...but a good camera makes all the difference.

Tanya Michelle Pongracz said:

Amazing stuff! 

Luigi said:

old stuff, a few more on my profile page

I'm thinking of investing in a decent, user-friendly camera. What would you recommend?

Luigi said:

Not to jump in randomly, but on the cheap side, I cant say enough good things about the panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5. a huge leap in quality over most mid level point and shoots. easy to use and great shots, and still small enough to be pocket sized. well, close to. Id look no further if you want to spend less than $300. If you are looking for a pro or semi pro (detachable lenses etc) ill eave that debate to fellow boardies. [in that dept i have a canon 40D, but i would have a 7D or 5DmkII, had i had the budget for it back when i got the 40D]. Just my 2 cents.

hintofcoolness said:

I'm thinking of investing in a decent, user-friendly camera. What would you recommend?

Luigi said:

if you want user friendly, id listen to karl and go with a point and shoot.  i have a canon eos xsi  which i got a few years ago for about $700.  i believe the newest versions will shoot HD video as well.  i would say it is definitely user friendly, but you still have to get used to it and figure out what you are doing as the 'auto' function does not take the best pictures.  also, it would be practically a waste of money if you don't buy a zoom lens to go with it.  i got this one ( 75-300mm lens ) which suits my needs and is pretty cheap.  there are point and shoots that have higher megapixels and higher optical zoom than this camera combo...so if you don't feel you have the time to figure out how to work an SLR camera, id go with that.  but if you have the time and patience, a digital SLR can take some really amazing pictures that you just can't get with a point and shoot. 

karl koch [karlophone] said:

Not to jump in randomly, but on the cheap side, I cant say enough good things about the panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5. a huge leap in quality over most mid level point and shoots. easy to use and great shots, and still small enough to be pocket sized. well, close to. Id look no further if you want to spend less than $300. If you are looking for a pro or semi pro (detachable lenses etc) ill eave that debate to fellow boardies. [in that dept i have a canon 40D, but i would have a 7D or 5DmkII, had i had the budget for it back when i got the 40D]. Just my 2 cents.

hintofcoolness said:

Luigi said:

<3 my Canon Powershot S95! Great quality, user friendly, and lots of options packed into a little camera. I think it could be found at $300 as there is a newer version out. Should add this one to your list of cameras to look into...just saying...

Luigi said:

if you want user friendly, id listen to karl and go with a point and shoot.  i have a canon eos xsi  which i got a few years ago for about $700.  i believe the newest versions will shoot HD video as well.  i would say it is definitely user friendly, but you still have to get used to it and figure out what you are doing as the 'auto' function does not take the best pictures.  also, it would be practically a waste of money if you don't buy a zoom lens to go with it.  i got this one ( 75-300mm lens ) which suits my needs and is pretty cheap.  there are point and shoots that have higher megapixels and higher optical zoom than this camera combo...so if you don't feel you have the time to figure out how to work an SLR camera, id go with that.  but if you have the time and patience, a digital SLR can take some really amazing pictures that you just can't get with a point and shoot. 

hintofcoolness said:

Luigi said:

I second that. LOVE this camera for a point and shoot, and it takes excellent HD video as well.

natkat said:

<3 my Canon Powershot S95! Great quality, user friendly, and lots of options packed into a little camera. I think it could be found at $300 as there is a newer version out. Should add this one to your list of cameras to look into...just saying...

Luigi said:

hintofcoolness said:

Luigi said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video