I will always love Weezer. Weezer to me is like the Beatles. I will always support and love them (obviously, cuz I'm writing on the message board).

But...

When will they realize that most of their fans aren't 5 years old? Weezer has become a PG band in an R rated market. The Weezer I grew up with said "goddamn", "lesbian", "breast", mentioned masturbation, fantasized about young girls, said "might of smoked a few in my time", and had the bad ass intro to Undone. There's countless other examples. I'm sure people will try to pull examples from their later work (where's my sex), but we all know there's no real comparison.

I just remember being shocked to hear some of these lyrics and topics, and idolizing Rivers for having the balls to say it.

I just want Weezer to be cool again.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i know what you mean. i still love weezer but rivers just started to go with the mainstream flow.
The other point that I meant to make is that the mainstream is more "R rated". ex. Lady Gaga, Eminem, Lil Wayne. Obviously, I don't want Weezer to sound like these artists, just saying that the mainstream isn't all PG rated stuff.
Such a terrible reason to dislike their newer stuff.
you've gotta remember that rivers isn't an 18 year old anymore
Also, why do you like to listen to Rivers sing about masturbation? Thats pretty weird
I guess the whole Pinkerton album could be considered "pretty weird" but it was pretty awesome.
Yes, but youre the only person i know who has singled out that as one of the things they miss being in weezer songs

Leisure said:
I guess the whole Pinkerton album could be considered "pretty weird" but it was pretty awesome.
The main point being that Rivers was willing to speak freely. I think it's majorly cool that someone would say that in a song. That's what made Weezer different.

Indiekid said:
Yes, but youre the only person i know who has singled out that as one of the things they miss being in weezer songs

Leisure said:
This

Indiekid said:
Such a terrible reason to dislike their newer stuff.
I couldn't imagine anything worse than Weezer becoming "cool" again. And hearing a 40-year old man sing about breasts and masturbation would be pretty weird.
songs with references to masturbation aren't all that unusual.

Leisure said:
The main point being that Rivers was willing to speak freely. I think it's majorly cool that someone would say that in a song. That's what made Weezer different.

Indiekid said:

Leisure said:
Come on. I don't much care for Raditude and about half of Hurley, but you need better reasoning than masturbation and lesbians.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video