I just got my tickets. I am blaring Pinkerton right now, trying to envision the gloriousness in my brain, and I can't help but picture Rivers kicking ass and taking names on guitar for the show. Also, Pat should be on drums. Freese can play any other show. But these shows, I want the actual band members. Is that selfish?
-Samuel

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Samuel Prince said:
Brandon Ripling said:

Henry Houston said:
That would be great, also I'm thinking that in LA what if Matt Sharp showed up to play? Now that would be badass.
This. Nothing against Scott, he's awesome, but having the very same band as the recordings would be perfect! Seems like a longshot though.

I want Scott to play bass. I think that he deserves it. I wouldn't mind, however, if Matt joined the band on stage to play tambourine and sing falsettos ...sitting on a stool, of course.
-Samuel

I don't know if you guys know this, but Matt LEFT the band, and if I am not mistaken there were rumors that Rivers asked him to come back sometime around MB. He had his chance and it's gone, Scott is the bass player, he earned it. Matt has just earned himself the title of a******
Not selfish at all!

Jefferson Dempsy said:
I'd like to see RIvers on guitar and Pat on drums as I've never seen that. I'd hate for those days to be over before getting to see it live.

I want for you to see this too.
-Samuel
I love seeing Rivers on guitar. His solos on Brian's Theme and Perfect Situation are always really exciting nowadays because he's been improvising cool licks and shredding like crazy on 'em. However, I also really like seeing Rivers without his guitar. His confidence and charisma has tripled since '09 and he's become a really kickass and unique frontman (though sometimes I wish he would stay on stage a bit more so I could actually see him sing). Part of the fun of seeing Weezer live now, at least in my eyes, is how they try to balance the amount of songs RIvers does and doesn't play guitar on.

So honestly, I won't let nostalgia cloud my hopes for the Memories tour. Pat has said he'd be playing on half of Blue and Pink so I'm sure Rivers will play guitar on that much of the albums too.

If Rivers wants to deliver an energetic and free guitar-less performance of songs like Getchoo, No Other One, or El Scorcho then that's cool. As long as he doesn't smash ukeleles or put on a lady gaga wig whilst singing them. There are certain songs that he would be remiss to not play guitar on, I think (Falling For You, Pink Triangle, Across The Sea) but it'll be a great show, regardless.
i would like a basic setup for the memories shows (lead guitar, guitar, bass, drums, and harmonica) that is all, no keyboards plz.

also... scott shriner>matt sharp
What no keyboard?!?!? I love the keyboards, but then again I play keyboard.

crystal_iceburg said:
i would like a basic setup for the memories shows (lead guitar, guitar, bass, drums, and harmonica) that is all, no keyboards plz.

also... scott shriner>matt sharp

crystal_iceburg said:

Sooooo, no Across the Sea??
-Samuel
Rivers, please play guitar. It's the memories tour. what better way to relive your memories then to have everybody play their original instruments!
I agree totally and wish to see that as well. I'm thinking we may not get that lucky though. I would even settle for seeing the regular line-up for the album portion and then they could mix it up for the greatest hits part if they wanted to.
Yes, please play guitar. Rivers guitar playing is as perfect as his voice.
If Weezer is gonna bring back the classics, they should play em, classic!
can we start a petition for scott to learn the actual bass part for el scorcho while we're at it?
he should definetly stay on guitar

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video