I just listened to Hurley again, and realized how just amazing the songs are and especially the song-writing is, as in the complexity in most of the songs. The orchestral over-dubs sorta blew my mind, as how 'busy' each song is, all thats going on at once, you don't even notice some of it until you really listen. It really reminds me of late Beatles (Let it Be/Abbey Road), how bout you guys?

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This comparison is ridiculous.

Across The Universe is a classic and nothing on Hurley ever will be.

What is so similar? Please enlighten me.

O YA THEY BOTH HAD GUITARS AND LIEK A BACKING VOCALS

This would be a good time for anyone in Weezer to make a post explaining why this kid got banned.

Radioactive said:

Stop being stupid, I listened to the remastered Let it Be yesterday in its entirety and was thinking the same thing about "Across the Universe" and Hurley

And Weezer is very comparable to the Beatles.  Much of what the Beatles have done, Weezer has too, just the Beatles did it first.

I don't think he got banned? And yes, that's what i was talking about, like, the little overdubs, it reminds me of some of the beatles later work

OnlyinPinkerton said:
This would be a good time for anyone in Weezer to make a post explaining why this kid got banned.

Radioactive said:

Stop being stupid, I listened to the remastered Let it Be yesterday in its entirety and was thinking the same thing about "Across the Universe" and Hurley

And Weezer is very comparable to the Beatles.  Much of what the Beatles have done, Weezer has too, just the Beatles did it first.

I dunno about that. I think the song Hang On has a sort of early Beatles sound to it but most of the tracks on Hurley don't remind me of Let It Be or Abbey Road. Though I will say, when I first heard Memories, I immediately though of Back In The U.S.S.R.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video