If you were in the 1994-1999 Weezer Fanclub, I'd love to see your
fanclub card here (attatch it to your reply post), and I want to read your memories
of the old fanclub days - correspondence with Mykel and Carli, Club
meetups, Fanclub goodies, etc.... thanks!

If you are already posting up pix and stuff and blogs about your club days on your weezer.com page, cross post that stuff here. (or link to it or mention that you have more on your page)

When i find my card ill post it here. i think me and the band had funny club #s that were actually random strings of letters and numbers.

Mykel was #0001 and Carli was #0002. Mykels boyfriend Steve was #6000. The original club membership got up to around #4600 as i recall. Who had the last # ever issued and what is it? I know i have the original records in a filing cabinet... 

Views: 1228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Memories indeed... I think I was #508. I'm sure I can find my card somewhere. I remember M&C's move to Portland and first meeting them. Then the second moving party to the Burnside house, being 13 years old and being behind the wheel of a U-haul truck (thanks to the questionable thinking of one of M&C's brothers). Writing a review of the movie Angus with my old BFF Tina and fellow fan clubber for an issue of the fanzine. Potluck at M&C's house before the Portland show with No Doubt. I made egg rolls all morning that day! Band said they were tasty :) I've seen Tiffany only twice since the funeral. Wonder if she still lives in town. I remember Bob the mannequin and Fred the bird.
Pinkerton Chopsticks :)

Syke- I was #806.

Other things found at my parent's house:
High School Class Ring
A Troll Doll
Sorority membership card
Ticket to the top of the CN Tower in Toronto
Receipt for the first Chixdiggit album

Karl- You've opened a flood gate for me :)
U rock lol

Justin Hoenke [honkey doorie] said:
I've got my OG fan club cards, all the Weezines, and many many letters from Mykel and Carli stashed away somewhere. I've gotta A) find them first and then B) locate a scanner but I'll be glad to share.
This is Jackie (one of the OG fanclub members from LA - also known as one of the "twins".) Elena told me she saw some picture's of Brian at my mom's house during the slideshow. If you need anymore pictures from that event, let me know. I recently came across a bunch of old Weezer pictures and would be happy to share them. I live in San Francisco now! My sister (Kristy) and I will be at the Monday night show. I'll look for my old fanclub card. Thanks, =w= #1053
i feel like a loser for not being in the fan clup :( but then again i would of been like 2 or three years old but still i think we should start a new fanclub for ppl like me who have been fans for a long time but are till too young to have been in the og fan club
thats beast

Alana Warren said:
Pinkerton Chopsticks :)

Brad (stupidsuck) over on A6 was #14
I agree! Starting a fan club would be kick ass and would be a good way to give fans a first shot at getting tickets. I've been a fan for 16 years and a board member for 9 years and I woke up an hour early the day Pinkerton tickets went on sale and wasn't able get any. Now they are showing up on other sites for double the price. A fan club would generate money and would help fans!

Danny Herrmann said:
Karl,
This would probably take way too much work, but it would be cool if you started up a new Fan Club. Somewhat in the style of the OG Fan Club started by Mykel and Carli back in the day. I guess sending zines in the mail is way 90's, but it would be cool to pay money to be in an insider Weezer Fan Club. New membership cards could be issued too, which would be sick.
Jackie and everyone, that is so awesome - i am most interested in seeing and sharing m+c letters and old =w= pics you may all have - thats what the photo section on weezer.com is for, to upload and share. but if you for any reason dont want them on the site and only want to send them to me, then just send scans to karl@weezer.com... thanks all!

and i have never ruled out doing a new fan club but there are many competing concepts and ideas out there and to date there hasnt been behind the scenes consensus on the right way to do it nor what the incentives and benefits would be above and beyond what people can do as a member of this website. its a concept in progress.

thanks again everyone - keep the pics and scans and stories coming!

Jackie Hunt said:
This is Jackie (one of the OG fanclub members from LA - also known as one of the "twins".) Elena told me she saw some picture's of Brian at my mom's house during the slideshow. If you need anymore pictures from that event, let me know. I recently came across a bunch of old Weezer pictures and would be happy to share them. I live in San Francisco now! My sister (Kristy) and I will be at the Monday night show. I'll look for my old fanclub card. Thanks, =w= #1053

Smailtronic said:
Brad (stupidsuck) over on A6 was #14

I'm here too!

I'll get some good scans of my 2 fan club cards and I know I had a few hand written letters from Mykel and Carli, I'll see if I can dig them up, next time I'm at my parents house.

and here's a story and picture I drew that appeared in weezines, I'll be bringing the original card with me and I hope to meet you in NYC Karl

OK, I found a few things, I know I had a few more letters from M & C but I could not find them.

first my 2 club cards, yes, behold my awkward years

Here's their response about the fanclub renewal, verification they received a tape I submitted for a fan cover compilation, answer about a guitar tab book and my selfish need to cling to my fanclub #.

At one point M&C were offering the Undone import single, and back in those days, this was the only way to actually hear the B-sides so I had to have it and I was able get my copy from them.

and finally, this is what I received upon the fanclub renewal.

I don't remember if that was the actual sticker they sent, It was in the envelope I had with the orange paper.
I really wish I could find my other letters, because they had much cooler info relayed from the girls (who played harmonica on the blue album for example (Rivers)) Anyways, I hope this stuff helps Karl.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video