Is this not going to happen anymore because of Death to False Metal? That would really suck...

They're not even talking about it anymore.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a collection from 1998-2010. IT'S ALL SONGS THAT ARE RARE. It's all new songs, but they weren't written for this respective album. It's still a Weezer fans dream, we won't get anything like Where's my Sex? on here. From what I hear, it's all prime tunes. Chill out bro

Grutches said:
j-bieber is mean and wrong. I still want Odds and Ends.
I really wish I could have seen this conversation. Grutches is an idiot.

j-biebs said:

grutches is pissed!
For one, I'm not completely convinced that this guy is for real. But just in case. Here's the explanation.

- Rivers announced that they would be working on an album of old songs that don't fit anywhere else (i.e. rarities) and he called it at the time "Odds and Ends."

- Rivers changed the name to "Death to False Metal."

- During the making of DTFM, if you read the press release, it appears that these aren't just old recordings. They actually went back and improved or finished some of these songs. Brian and Rivers apparently wrote some solos and recorded some new vocals, or in some cases they just gave the songs a "sonic tune up."

- The songs are still songs that were written from as far back as 1998 (like Trampoline) or as recent as 2008 (Autopilot and the Turning up the Radio song on YouTube). Therefore it is still a collection of unreleased rarities.

- For whatever reason, Rivers is calling this an official album (Album 9), perhaps because some songs required some re-workings or maybe some kind of contractual thing with Geffen we're not ever going to know about. For whatever reason it's still the exact same thing with a different name.

Grutches said:
j-bieber is mean and wrong. I still want Odds and Ends.

This is the most pointless conversation. THIS IS ODDS AND ENDS! THEY GAVE IT A DIFFERENT TITLE, REWORKED SOME SONGS...thats it. End of conversation
Dude, j-biebs is right. Give it up.
Holy crap. you're stupid.
oh god...this thread has me nearly falling out of my chair. Haven't laughed this hard in awhile...thank you!
Ahem...

According the www.weezer.com (an official source I presume?):

"Death To False Metal is sort of like weezer's version of Rivers' "Alone" records. Its not a new studio album per se (for that, see 'Hurley'!), but it is something that weezer fans will dig. So check it out and enjoy!"

Spade said:
Ahem...

"Death To False Metal is sort of like weezer's version of Rivers' "Alone" records. Its not a new studio album per se (for that, see 'Hurley'!), but it is something that weezer fans will dig. So check it out and enjoy!"

So it's not an album then? Ok, I'm relieved. Odds and Ends lives!!
you have to be joking around. there is no way anyone is as fuckign stupid as you are. we were explaining this to you from the start. if you are being serious, then you must seriously be a grown f****** retard

Grutches said:

Spade said:
Ahem...

So it's not an album then? Ok, I'm relieved. Odds and Ends lives!!
He did say that "American Idiot" was a Weezer song.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video