You all knew this thread was coming! Admit it!

So updates from the recent Tokyo concerts:

• Devotion played for the first time since 97
  • Longtime Sunshine played for the second time ever
  • I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams actually played again after the oddness that was its attempt in Texas a few weeks back

Now couple that with something pretty major: they were rehearsing Blast Off a few days ago on the Ustream. And, yes, I was singing along when it happened and sang/yelled "WHOOOOOO" even though they didn't go into the next song. Also of note was M1's verse was replaced by a verse for Dondo sang by Scott.

Anyway, past my geekdom, one of two things is going on here:

• The Memories Tour is going to last for a while, and the group's practicing more and more songs into their repertoire to keep it fresh (even though they're still not dusting much out of Maladroit...)
  • OR the band's planning on finally giving Songs from the Black H*** the attention it deserved.

Now I may have some bias in my feeling of what's going to happen here, since I love SftBH, butc'mon guys. If they're rehearsing Blast Off, which is a really odd song to be played on its own given its narrative structure, there's got to be something developing here. I mean, why would they go through the effort to write a new verse if they weren't planning something big?

Tags: Memories, SFTBH, Tour

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They should release it a la Death to False Metal.  But we'll see.

I don't think so, but what I do think is that they're going to play it live soon for sure.

its only abut 60% done you lunatic.
Prediction: They're not going to record Songs From the Black H***.

I don't want Rivers going back and trying to write new songs that fit with the concept. I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't sound convoluted and forced.
i don't know, rivers is getting pretty good at writing songs about being a robot...

Gohi said:
Prediction: They're not going to record Songs From the Black H***.

I don't want Rivers going back and trying to write new songs that fit with the concept. I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't sound convoluted and forced.
Wait, so tracklist 1 and tracklist 2 only make two-thirds of the album?
It's super cool they're playing Devotion/Longtime/Blast Off. Hopefully it will inspire their new material.
no, that's the full tracklist. gene is referring to the fact that a number of the songs were never completed.

Humpty Dumpty said:
which ones weren't completed? I thought all remaining tracks were being released on Alone 3?

kittens bieber ♥ said:
no, that's the full tracklist. gene is referring to the fact that a number of the songs were never completed.

Humpty Dumpty said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video