'No One Else' stood out to me more immediately and more blatantly than anything else on the first weezer record. The song has done nothing but grow on me since.

It has the guitar cunch that has become synonymous with early 90's weezer, an awesome vocal melody and vocal performance, tight drum fills, a sweet guitar solo (with the classic final-note-ring-out of all great weezer solos), and is so catchy that you almost forget that it's written from the perspective of a controlling and jealous creep.

Thoughts?

Please do:

Use this thread to discuss the greatness of 'No One Else' and why it embodies everything that was great about the Blue era.

Please do not:

judge me

Edit: and coincidentally enough, it's the only song on the record that isn't in Eb tuning. And also the acoustic live version on the deluxe edition really lets the vocal harmonies shine through, and is awesome in a completely different way. Another testament to the greatness of this song.

Tags: best blue track?, it's a hey, hey, hey, HEY!

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed, one of their all-time greats!

...It's my most listened to song on iTunes.

Is it just me or do elements of No One Else strongly mirror elements in Don't Worry Baby?
Which elements did you have in mind?

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:
Is it just me or do elements of No One Else strongly mirror elements in Don't Worry Baby?
THis and The World Has Turned are the best songs off of the Blue Album. Such a great song, you do forget its from a creepy jerk :)
i agree, yet i don't think the song totally defines the blue album era. mostly just because its very poppy and it's not in a flat key. for me, i think in the garage is a more accurate showcase of what the blue album is. Although, it is one of my favorite songs on the album. the solo is indeed awesome (two harmonized guitars. EPIC!!!) When the song is live, the usually play it in eb. It adds a certain sadness and sincerity to the song imo. great song.
No One Else was the song that I most clearly remember from my first experience hearing Weezer. The Beach Boys Endless Summer album was practically a soundtrack in my house as a child and this song immediately connected with me by marrying those classic vocal harmonies with my love of crunchy guitars and propulsive drumming. That said, I may love the live acoustic version even better, as the vocals really take center stage. NOE neatly captures everything that I love about Weezer and also represents all that I feel is missing from their post Green output. Great discussion, Wilford!

I love it!

It's maybe my favourite song on The Blue Album! :)

I do enjoy that song quite a bit. :)

I love No One Else. first time I ever had a girl totally throw herself on me was after I played that song.

No, Dorian, because if you had started this thread it would be more like

omg guys no one eles is really good i liek teh guitars sounds in it, anyone know where i can buy rivers strap?

Dorian Zelaya said:

Wowww whenever I say stuff like this,YOU, wolford, judge me you effin hypocrite,

Wilford Brimleyž (diabeetužž) said:

No, Dorian, because if you had started this thread it would be more like

omg guys no one eles is really good i liek teh guitars sounds in it, anyone know where i can buy rivers strap? oh, and matt was in it so it was teh best!!!!

Dorian Zelaya said:

Wowww whenever I say stuff like this,YOU, wolford, judge me you effin hypocrite,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video