Hey folks, check out this brand new video of the guys in action...

When we were setting up The Memories Tour, the good people at State Farm asked the band, “Would you sing our jingle for us?” Weezer then asked if the jingle was from a whole song, and if anyone had recorded it lately. So State Farm went back to their headquarters to find out the answers. What they came back with was that “all we could find was the lyrics and sheet music, we are not sure anyone has ever recorded the whole song.” It turns out Barry Manilow wrote the song, back when he was just starting out and wrote songs for commercials to pay his bills. Rivers looked over the sheet music and said “this is a great song; we should record the whole thing.” So the band went into the studio and had a lot of fun rocking out with Mr. Manilow's tune, hoping he would be proud of the results. This video was shot on a day in early December while Weezer recorded the song.

The video can be watched right now on State Farm Nation Facebook page. Check it out!
http://www.facebook.com/StateFarmNation

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps I did overreach, but it was only because I assumed the lesson would be learned by the process of maturation.  I should have said "smart adults."  

hintofcoolness said:

Gee thanks for speaking for all of us adults.

you should know what happens when you assume, that is you should be "mature" enough to know.

Samuel Marzioli said:

Perhaps I did overreach, but it was only because I assumed the lesson would be learned by the process of maturation.  I should have said "smart adults."  

hintofcoolness said:

I'll take an I.Q. test with you any day of the week, Samuel. You simply have a difference of opinion.

Samuel Marzioli said:

hintofcoolness said:

Oh, go f*** yourself you sanctimonious prig.

There are those us "adults" that actually value artistic expression and view it as more than passive entertainment or an empty commodity to shill for a buck.  Who don't "give a s*** about corporate sponsorship or interaction" but do give a s*** about personal integrity and feel that maybe, just maybe, covering a corporate ad jingle is a little staid and frankly, as a fan of rock music, f***ing pathetic.

Furthermore, you look like a f***ing douche. A big, fat s***-eating douche who's never rocked a day in his f***ing life. So there.

Samuel Marzioli said:

What are you, like 14?  Look kid, adults don't give a s*** about corporate sponsorship or interaction.  We've grown up and learned that getting paid to do something you love is worth more than some arbitrary rules of so-called artistic purity.  Furthermore, your sentence is incoherent.  So there.

you're saying you're not a fan?

Lewis Digges said:

Like Pat said being a fan of Weezer means that you have to hate them. I'll agree with him on that right here. You know where I'm getting at here?

Thank you Weezer!  I don't care that it's a corporate jingle.  This is an awesome song, and great video too.

I want to smoke an American Spirit with Scott someday.

Yeah it's like he hasn't played them in years! ...
probly because state farm sponsered the memories tour

Carousel said:

music is GREAT but...

why state farm?????

this is heart-wrenching

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music